#21 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,227 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 14, 2018 - 11:52 PM

So Brad Stevens gets credit for Jayson Tatum doing well, but Luke gets not credit for Kuzma being just as good or Hart playing exceptionally well as a backup?

Quick question: Which of our young guys aren’t having the best season of their career?

Bruh no point in arguing with him he thinks Byron would be a better option. He has no idea what he is talking about
  • Rekal and lakerfan98 like this

#22 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted January 15, 2018 - 03:56 AM

Thought i heard laker defense dropped to near bottom during that 9 game streak

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#23 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,996 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 15, 2018 - 08:52 AM

Same guy who posted youtube videos and tried to convince everyone in the summer that Lonzo was gonna be the next Steph Curry.  Now "Lonzo can't shoot" is a criticism of Luke Walton?  gtfoh  

• Rekal likes this

#24 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,887 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 15, 2018 - 02:55 PM

Common now supposed to be fans, this team should be playing NCAA not NBA you can’t hurry maturity, be patient I’ve been a fan since before they played on tv we’re doing as expected couple vets and blam!

#25 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,554 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2018 - 03:07 PM

So Brad Stevens gets credit for Jayson Tatum doing well, but Luke gets not credit for Kuzma being just as good or Hart playing exceptionally well as a backup?

Quick question: Which of our young guys aren’t having the best season of their career?

Kuzma and Hart are playing off raw talent, similar to Mitchell in Utah. Tatum is doing well because he's found an established role in a good system. Stevens has a history of overachieving with limited talent. 

Question to you: What's our system? What's our offense? Can you name 5 plays we even run? 

Edited by bfc1125roy, January 15, 2018 - 03:10 PM.

#26 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,554 posts

Posted January 15, 2018 - 03:08 PM

Same guy who posted youtube videos and tried to convince everyone in the summer that Lonzo was gonna be the next Steph Curry.  Now "Lonzo can't shoot" is a criticism of Luke Walton?  gtfoh  

Player development is a valid criticism. Has Lonzo developed much under Walton, cause I don't see it. 

Also nobody on this team can shoot. Even a [expletive]ing freethrow. That's a coaching issue. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, January 15, 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#27 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,554 posts

Posted January 15, 2018 - 03:09 PM

Bruh no point in arguing with him he thinks Byron would be a better option. He has no idea what he is talking about

With Bryon we at least get the Princeton offense. It's not optimal but it is something predicated on passing and ball movement. We have decent passers on this team. With Luke we get nothing. He doesn't know how to run one. He's a poor man's D'Antoni. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, January 15, 2018 - 03:09 PM.

#28 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,571 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 15, 2018 - 05:09 PM

I don’t see any redeeming qualities for luke to coach this team
  • bfc1125roy likes this

ap1.png

#29 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,996 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 16, 2018 - 08:44 AM

Maybe this is a UCLA vs Arizona thing.  Either way please keep it coming.  

#30 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,887 posts

Posted January 19, 2018 - 04:06 AM

I’ll get the tissues cause y’all are cryin waaay too m. Imo he has a very very young team so there’s a missing leadership element, and that’s what any coach will get til they age some. Picture baby dragons like GOT style and after they’re eatting anyone and burning the countryside now that they’ve grown,as will this crew but adding a quality vet or two would hasten the development now let’s see the new guys play and keep the best ones. Don’t complain. But Si wonder what Phil would do with this many young in’s as he typically didn’t play them ala Kobe for example Peace 😜

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, January 19, 2018 - 04:11 AM.

#31 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,175 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 19, 2018 - 11:07 AM

With Bryon we at least get the Princeton offense. It's not optimal but it is something predicated on passing and ball movement. We have decent passers on this team. With Luke we get nothing. He doesn't know how to run one. He's a poor man's D'Antoni. 

I could make a case for the Front Office not giving Luke the players he needs to run the offense he wants to run.

They hired Luke to run a style and pace.  Luke doesn't pick the players so how is this his fault?

If you have a gripe about his play calling, I'm fine with that.

If you have a gripe about his coaching style, fine.

To say he's failed while ignoring all of the shortcomings of this roster?  Is that fair?

He's our coach until he isn't.  If he had inherited a team that had made the playoffs and he took them backwards, you'd have a point.  He's trying to rebuild this team and that takes time, no?

• Rekal and LACAS like this

tenor.gif

#32 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 19, 2018 - 01:29 PM

I could make a case for the Front Office not giving Luke the players he needs to run the offense he wants to run.

They hired Luke to run a style and pace.  Luke doesn't pick the players so how is this his fault?

To say he's failed while ignoring all of the shortcomings of this roster?  Is that fair?

He's our coach until he isn't.  If he had inherited a team that had made the playoffs and he took them backwards, you'd have a point.  He's trying to rebuild this team and that takes time, no?

I agree... Ill go further and say in addition Luke inherited a daycare, a few misfits and some journeymen.

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,474 posts

Posted January 19, 2018 - 01:37 PM

Deng I kinda a cancer contract that’s handcuffing the front office and team

Luke has a lot to learn but how much can you really expect with no back up PG, youngest team in the league and no consistent scorer

It’d be like asking a guy to dig a six foot hole for you, giving him a twig and then firing him for not digging the hole fast enough

Let’s at least see luke with a shovel at least first lol
  • fido, kball, Rekal and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#34 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,187 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 19, 2018 - 04:53 PM

Always easier for fans to blame a coach rather than the players for some reason. Players get away with nearly anything while coaches get away with almost nothing.  Fans have real trouble laying blame at players' doorstep, and I'm still am not quite sure why.  Especially when the players on a team may not even be here for more than 82 games.  It's nonsense and it happens every time.  I've turned a deaf ear to this ridiculousness.

You can't develop with a temporary team, 7/8 of which won't be here next year or for the long run.  Once the front office gets a semi-permanent team here that is going to be THE team to go forward with then assessment can begin.

Until then, this is all just pointless banter.

• LACAS likes this

#35 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,887 posts

Posted January 19, 2018 - 06:49 PM

Ahh you younger fans are beginning to experience what being a Laker Fan is our history is legendary as our future will be. Now’s time to solidify as a true LakerNation have more patience with our young group. See yas at the next parade!

#36 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 05:52 AM

I’ll get the tissues cause y’all are cryin waaay too m. Imo he has a very very young team so there’s a missing leadership element, and that’s what any coach will get til they age some. Picture baby dragons like GOT style and after they’re eatting anyone and burning the countryside now that they’ve grown,as will this crew but adding a quality vet or two would hasten the development now let’s see the new guys play and keep the best ones. Don’t complain. But Si wonder what Phil would do with this many young in’s as he typically didn’t play them ala Kobe for example Peace

Looked at another way, our vets we had hoped for leadership roles are either

Figuratively MIA (Lopez)

Literally MIA (Deng)

Or just spent a month in lock up (KCP)

Not an encouraging scouting report

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#37 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,474 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 08:00 AM

Truth is. Totally healthy all year we probably win only 35 games at absolute best

So with injuries it’s not surprising we’re struggljng, I mean our best players are all rookies and a 2nd year

Granted I feel more confident in our youth than let’s say a year ago. When we were banking on Randle, Russell and year 1 Ingram it was pretty uncertain. But kuzma and ball have been revelations as rookies and Ingram has had an incredible turnaround

I think that’s the best takeaway from this season. Is our youth is something to be excited about and even more importantly paired up with. You put one or two legitimate players on this roster and we’re in the playoffs
  • DaSmoothOperator and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#38 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 08:30 AM

Also, i think we might have just had the best 7 game stretch of the season at 5-2.

Can anyone recall a better one earlier?

Maybe somewhere in first 15 games of year we might have??

• Rekal likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#39 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,554 posts

Posted January 20, 2018 - 09:57 AM

Fair enough. My issue is the play calling, in the sense that we don't run many plays. Just PnR over and over again. Kerr runs the least in the league. I wish Luke had learned something from his days at Golden State. If we ran an offense which got everyone involved and moving, maybe our players would play just a little harder. The energy picks up. These are triangle principles which Phil and Pop understood well. 

#40 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,887 posts

Posted January 21, 2018 - 05:13 PM

That’s the way very young teams go like a deer in headlights not really “knowing” what to do late game sits.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, January 21, 2018 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users