#1 PaulGeorgetoLAL

PaulGeorgetoLAL

Rookie

• 13 posts
  • Name:Stjepan
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Sasha Vujacic

Posted January 06, 2018 - 05:54 AM

Starting to feel like that. With the style of play, energy and etc. Since the Bogut confession everything seems to have changed. Sure Zo,Brook were injured and couple tough teams but still.

It’s not the amount of losses it’s the performances that are making me wonder ?

I’m not a big fan of splitting up Zo/JC/Kuz/Randle/Ingram in my head I still see them working out with adding just 1 superstar not 2-3. I can see us playing a lot better if the guys are assured that they aren’t moved this summer or february!

I would put in on those 5 guys to prove to someone like PG13 why he should be comming here in the summer by playing at their best and challenging and showcasing their talents every game.

All I mean is what’s the point of tanking if we are not keeping our picks and good young players. We have been tanking since 2014.. traded away Dlo and looking to trade away Randle/Jc. Not a fan of it, encourage the young guns and develop them and ad only 1 player if we can, if not our guys will hit their primes when LBJ and the Warriors start to decline.

#2 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,372 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2018 - 07:19 AM

TO BE HONEST

The league has lost its fler of stars like it used to have 5-9 years ago..

you just can not trade for a superstar easily anymore plus most of the current superstars are bounded to their teams with a current huge salary contract...

and tbh who do we have?

Guys like, PG, Cousins, Davis, LeBron great..

exept LeBron, i dont see us winning the future with a guy like PG or Boogie,, they are good but they sure arent great and our savers..

it just hast to come from within

guys like ingram, lonzo ball and kuzma. i would stick to these 3.

everyone else can easily pack their bags...

• Busty Bluth likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#3 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,006 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted January 06, 2018 - 09:08 AM

This is what happens when your best players are rooks and second year players. At first they shine because they are relatively fresh and their engines are fired up. Then they hit the rookie wall, which is what is happening with Kuzma and Lonzo too to some extent, although he's already having health issues. 

Ingram's mid-range game is coming around...but you can see the rest of the team is having major trouble keeping up the pace they ran at before or being effective scoring. Defense is also suffering because they don't have the legs to keep up the intensity. 

• LACAS likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#4 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 467 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 06, 2018 - 09:34 AM

IMO, the players are tanking because they are not being coached to their strengths.   They still have Brook Lopez/KCP bombing away from the 3 point line.  Ingram going one on one whenever he feels like it.   Minute distribution and lineups are all over the place.   Tanking gives Boston another pick, I doubt that's what this organization wants.  

It really started when Magic came out and said Ingram is untouchable.  Randle hasn't been offered a contract and he is probably the one trying every single night for the most part.  The change needs to happen in the coaching staff, we aren't the Warriors, don't have the players to be the Warriors and this league has always thrived on that one dominant player on a team.  This anyone should be able to take the crucial shot mentality Luke Walton has is not working for this team.

Edited by BORNINLA, January 06, 2018 - 09:35 AM.

• UKUGA, Busty Bluth and Rekal like this

#5 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,164 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 06, 2018 - 09:40 AM

IMO, the players are tanking because they are not being coached to their strengths.   They still have Brook Lopez/KCP bombing away from the 3 point line.  Ingram going one on one whenever he feels like it.   Minute distribution and lineups are all over the place.   Tanking gives Boston another pick, I doubt that's what this organization wants.  

It really started when Magic came out and said Ingram is untouchable.  Randle hasn't been offered a contract and he is probably the one trying every single night for the most part.  The change needs to happen in the coaching staff, we aren't the Warriors, don't have the players to be the Warriors and this league has always thrived on that one dominant player on a team.  This anyone should be able to take the crucial shot mentality Luke Walton has is not working for this team.

100% accurate and exactly how I feel. You said it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • BORNINLA and Rekal like this

#6 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 06, 2018 - 09:53 AM

100% accurate and exactly how I feel. You said it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t put it all on this but, it’s definitely been one of the larger contributor to the bad basketball we’ve been seeing

Edited by Rekal, January 06, 2018 - 09:54 AM.

#7 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 467 posts

Posted January 06, 2018 - 10:27 AM

I had to go back and look at a team who closely resembled what the Lakers are currently going thru and to my surprise it's the same "process".  The biggest difference is we don't have that dominant player like Durant.  Westbrook and Durant were drafted in back to back years,  The Sonics/Thunder went 2 years sucking bad and finally blew up in their 3rd year together, under a different coach.  I am hoping that this is what happens to this franchise except with Rings included.   

#8 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,100 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 06, 2018 - 12:33 PM

And how many rings did the Thunder win, or will they win?  The Lakers have sucked now for 4 (and you can about say 5) years.

Until the team is led and pre-dominantly staffed by experienced winning veterans, it's twisting in the wind.  For me, I stock the team with enough vets, maybe one or two young guys in order to make the 7th or 8th seed and let other teams waste their time developing players, then swoop in when they're free agents and gather a winning team.

This mode the Lakers are in will get them nowhere quickly and for a long time.  Kids, and focusing on kids won't get you anywhere but in the lottery.  You win with vets in the NBA.  By the time these guys develop into anything (if they do), they'll be so burnt on the organization and losing that they'll wind up going elsewhere.  The Lakers used to be that elsewhere, but due to years of terrible management, they've now taken that step down to the team that develops talent for other teams.  Randle and Clarkson will be gone next summer and do well elsewhere.  Unless the Lakers get their crap together Ingram, Ball and Kuzma will be the next to bail.

Also, regarding the title of this thread - there's nothing to tank for, the Lakers' pick is Boston's next summer.  So that excuse doesn't fly (not like it ever did to me) any more.

• GCMD, lakersince75 and manaro90 like this

#9 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 237 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s

Posted January 06, 2018 - 12:40 PM

Building a championship level team really is not that hard at all. As long as it's just in fantasy.

• Rekal likes this

#10 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 12, 2018 - 08:35 AM

Tank for what??

• GCMD likes this

#11 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts

Posted January 12, 2018 - 08:44 AM

And how many rings did the Thunder win, or will they win?  The Lakers have sucked now for 4 (and you can about say 5) years.

Until the team is led and pre-dominantly staffed by experienced winning veterans, it's twisting in the wind.  For me i stock the team with enough vets, maybe one or two young guys in order to make the 7th or 8th seed and let other teams waste their time developing players, then swoop in when they're free agents and gather a winning team.

This mode the Lakers are in will get them nowhere quickly and for a long time.  Kids, and focusing on kids won't get you anywhere but in the lottery.  You win with vets in the NBA.  By the time these guys develop into anything (if they do), they'll be so burnt on the organization and losing that they'll wind up going elsewhere.  The Lakers used to be that elsewhere, but due to years of terrible management, they've now taken that step down to the team that develops talent for other teams.  Randle and Clarkson will be gone next summer and do well elsewhere.  Unless the Lakers get their crap together Ingram, Ball and Kuzma will be the next to bail.

Also, regarding the title of this thread - there's nothing to tank for, the Lakers' pick is Boston's next summer.  So that excuse doesn't fly (not like it ever did to me) any more.

Bingo!! I was crucified for saying the exact same thing. See Washington, Indiana, Milwaukee etc etc etc. Everyone tries to make it sound like they can get Golden State lucky. That's like the there being another Jordan, Kobe, Shaq or LeBron anytime soon. It's a freakin unicorn. You need real deal vets to make a true run.. Getting a bunch of 12 year olds together and watching them grow is some BS. Even back in the day with the Showtime Lakers you needed real deal Vets to hold it down. Why do you think Sanantonio is always in the mix, Why do you think they Houston is now in championship talks. Yes you do need SOME youth but if you're talking about chips your average age can't be 15

• fido likes this

#12 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,901 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 12, 2018 - 09:14 AM

Bingo!! I was crucified for saying the exact same thing. See Washington, Indiana, Milwaukee etc etc etc. Everyone tries to make it sound like they can get Golden State lucky. That's like the there being another Jordan, Kobe, Shaq or LeBron anytime soon. It's a freakin unicorn. You need real deal vets to make a true run.. Getting a bunch of 12 year olds together and watching them grow is some BS. Even back in the day with the Showtime Lakers you needed real deal Vets to hold it down. Why do you think Sanantonio is always in the mix, Why do you think they Houston is now in championship talks. Yes you do need SOME youth but if you're talking about chips your average age can't be 15

Agreed and this is why getting a Paul George, a Bron, etc... is critical and would help this young team so much. 

#13 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts

Posted January 12, 2018 - 12:39 PM

Agreed and this is why getting a Paul George, a Bron, etc... is critical and would help this young team so much. 

Yup. And by the time those guys are done, the youth will be in their prime

• LACAS likes this

#14 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 467 posts

Posted January 12, 2018 - 12:59 PM

The whole EXCEPT WITH RINGS included was put there for a reason. OKC failed when they got rid of Harden and havent recovered since. Id like to think Magic will make better decisions. Ball, Kuzma and Ingram. Everyone else is up for grabs
  • fido likes this

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,100 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 14, 2018 - 06:24 PM

I'd say everyone is up for grabs, field all calls and work from there.  And if someone isn't up, don't make it public, keep everything in house.

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,147 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 14, 2018 - 10:11 PM

LOL. Here we go again. Not surprised that the two grumpy OGs on LN want us to get OGs to help the young guys. :)

We do need some veterans, but it's not a given that they're going to be all that helpfull - Mozzy, Deng, Lou, Swaggy, Lopez, KCP sure as hell haven't made much difference. For that reason, we shouldn't be giving up prime assets for mediocre vets.

The plan going forward should be pretty simple:

Lonzo-Kuz-Ingram-Hart should be more or less off the table - the upside among these 4 guys at just 16M worth of salary is too good to give up unless there's a real star coming back.

Trade Clarkson, either Nance or Randle as well as other minor assets, picks etc. and get some veterans on expiring deals before the deadline to shed future salary and to help us out this season.

Be in position to sign two max deals in the summer.

#17 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,917 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 10:42 PM

Walton is the true tank commander 

• Busty Bluth likes this

#18 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,147 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 10:49 PM

Walton is the true tank commander 

Dont be ridiculous.

Luke is doing a fine job, but we've gone through a rough schedule without 2-3 of our key guys in Lopez, KCP and Lonzo. What the [expletive] did you expect?

He's turned the Lakers into a top 10 defense.

He's really REALLY helped develop our young guys.

He's created a much more positive culture around the team.

He could improve some of the Xs and Os on offense, but i'm much more interested in developing our young guys and installing a defensive back-bone, because that'll help us a lot more in the long run.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, January 14, 2018 - 10:50 PM.

• Rekal and lakerfan98 like this

#19 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,917 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 11:17 PM

Dont be ridiculous.

Luke is doing a fine job, but we've gone through a rough schedule without 2-3 of our key guys in Lopez, KCP and Lonzo. What the [expletive] did you expect?

He's turned the Lakers into a top 10 defense.

He's really REALLY helped develop our young guys.

He's created a much more positive culture around the team.

He could improve some of the Xs and Os on offense, but i'm much more interested in developing our young guys and installing a defensive back-bone, because that'll help us a lot more in the long run.

Nobody's really developed all that much under him. Ingram has made strides but is still not playing quite as optimally as he could be. Randle still plays bully ball and can't go right. Lonzo can't shoot. Nance hasn't gotten any better. Clarkson is still a 1 dimensional scorer. And we saw what happened (or didn't rather) with D'Lo last year.

Take a guy like Brad Stevens on the other hand. He took in a raw rookie in Jayson Tatum, put him in a system, and you see how well he's playing. Just giving him a specific role has done wonders. Walton can't even do that. 

#20 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,147 posts

Posted January 14, 2018 - 11:28 PM

Nobody's really developed all that much under him. Ingram has made strides but is still not playing quite as optimally as he could be. Randle still plays bully ball and can't go right. Lonzo can't shoot. Nance hasn't gotten any better. Clarkson is still a 1 dimensional scorer. And we saw what happened (or didn't rather) with D'Lo last year.

Take a guy like Brad Stevens on the other hand. He took in a raw rookie in Jayson Tatum, put him in a system, and you see how well he's playing. Just giving him a specific role has done wonders. Walton can't even do that. 

So Brad Stevens gets credit for Jayson Tatum doing well, but Luke gets not credit for Kuzma being just as good or Hart playing exceptionally well as a backup?

Quick question: Which of our young guys aren’t having the best season of their career?

• Xinxin and lakerfan98 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users