11266 replies to this topic

#1761 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,953 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 13, 2018 - 06:03 PM

Yo CP3 is not needed we need marksmen that can D not a close to over the hill PG whatcha gonna do with Ball then not well thought out imo.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, March 13, 2018 - 06:03 PM.

#1762 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,343 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 06:13 PM

If we stretch Deng's contract, sign PG and considering Julius and IT's cap holds, we have about $17.2m in cap space left. Good enough for KCP.

Offer Julius whatever his market price is and keep him. Offer IT 2 year deal with player option on the 2nd year, and 3 year deal for KCP with team option.

Ball / IT

KCP / Some rookie with CLE pick

Ingram / Hart

George / Kuzma

Randle / Zubac

Nice rotation IMO.

• LACAS likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#1763 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,602 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 13, 2018 - 06:26 PM

Lmao fool you’re over analyzing the [expletive] out of this. I don’t desire any response, I literally asked the entire forum who they prefer...pick whoever you want.
I prefer 27 year old AD over 33 year old LeBron. My question is if they both want to come, who do you pick. It’s that simple, make your pick, discuss it if you want and move the hell on lol.
It’s a hypothetical, no [expletive] it’s not realistic.

It's a question designed to force a specific response. All you asked was a 27 year old star vs 33 year old star. Any logical thinking fan would choose a 27 year old star in 2020 over a 33 year old star this offseason given the current age of our roster and current state of the nba.

I didn't over analyze anything. You framed the question so that AD would be the obvious choice.

However, the reality of the situation is that we don't even know if AD will be a free agent in 2020.

The "pass on Bron" thing is getting silly.

Who would you rather have RIGHT NOW...Lebron and it's not even close!

Edited by KidRN, March 13, 2018 - 06:32 PM.

#1764 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,734 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted March 13, 2018 - 06:36 PM

Paul George (groin) didn't return on Tuesday after leaving with 4:49 remaining in the third quarter, and he'll be re-evaluated in OKC on Wednesday.
  • Adam likes this

#1765 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,250 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 06:42 PM

AD is the obvious choice. I don’t need to frame it any way for someone logical to see that. You said it yourself. If someone said LeBron, I would’ve been curious to hear their take because I obviously disagree.

I didn’t ask who you’d rather have right now. I asked if you’d rather have LeBron at 33 next season or Davis at 27 in 2020. Your issue is with the facts of the situation and that I presented an avenue for people to “pass on LeBron,” albeit hypothetical.

#1766 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,602 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 06:44 PM

AD is the obvious choice. I don’t need to frame it any way for someone logical to see that. You said it yourself. If someone said LeBron, I would’ve been curious to hear their take because I obviously disagree.
I didn’t ask who you’d rather have right now. I asked if you’d rather have LeBron at 33 next season or Davis at 27 in 2020. Your issue is with the facts of the situation and that I presented an avenue for people to “pass on LeBron,” albeit hypothetical.

Ok Bron this offseason or AD coming off of breaking every bone in his body in 2020?

It's pretty easy to force a specific response.

Edited by KidRN, March 13, 2018 - 06:45 PM.

#1767 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,250 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 06:49 PM

Ok Bron this offseason or AD coming off of breaking every bone in his body in 2020?

It's pretty easy to force a specific response.

Except all I stated was their ages...actual facts. Not unlikely scenarios such as AD breaking every bone in his body.

Go watch the game, man. Lol. I’m outta here.

#1768 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,602 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 07:03 PM

Except all I stated was their ages...actual facts. 

Your issue is with the facts of the situation and that I presented an avenue for people to “pass on LeBron,” albeit hypothetical.

You mean like the FACT that AD may not even be a free agent in 2020 or do FACTS only matter when you present them?

Not unlikely scenarios such as AD breaking every bone in his body.

Go watch the game, man. Lol. I’m outta here.

Age of AD/Bron plus our young guys being further in development. It isn't only the age of AD and Bron, there are other factors at play here that have nothing to do with AD and Bron. The development of our youth is actually the biggest factor in this equation.

The "hypothetical" was presented simply to make it seem logical to pass on Bron, which it is not and never will be.

Edited by KidRN, March 13, 2018 - 07:05 PM.

#1769 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,003 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2018 - 07:05 PM

Lol

#1770 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,250 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 07:27 PM

If AD signs his extension, tough luck, but I see no indication he will and as of today he’ll be a FA in a couple of years. Dude has come out and said he wants to win and doesn’t want to end up like previous stars who haven’t.

It’s impossible for either of us to predict the landscape of the league in 2 years, but right now AD is projected to be a free agent and his recent comments have indicated he is open to testing the market.

#1771 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,772 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:20 PM

HILARIOUS.

To answer your question, I am taking AD in 2020 at 27 years of age.

#1772 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 7,236 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:34 PM

don't we have IT's bird rights? We can technically have a squad of randle, lebron, pg, ball, it, ingram, kuzma, hart. (IF WE SHED DENG)

We'll go over luxury tax and still have MLE.

Edited by Ham, March 13, 2018 - 09:36 PM.

"Busto Ball" - troll

#1773 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,498 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 10:06 PM

If we stretch Deng's contract, sign PG and considering Julius and IT's cap holds, we have about $17.2m in cap space left. Good enough for KCP.

Offer Julius whatever his market price is and keep him. Offer IT 2 year deal with player option on the 2nd year, and 3 year deal for KCP with team option.

Ball / IT
Ingram / Hart
George / Kuzma
Randle / Zubac

Nice rotation IMO.

I don’t see any point to bringing KCP back if we get George. Waste of money and assets. Why resign KCP and play George and Randle out of position

I’d rather sign George, IT, and Randle and save the KCP money

Playing George at PF isn’t sensible long term, and George doesn’t come here if the lakers pitch him starting at PF, he’ll go elsewhere
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

#1774 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 10:13 PM

Ball / IT

Ingram / Hart

George / Kuzma

Randle / Zubac

Nice rotation IMO.

I think KCP would take that, but perhaps he's not the ideal target for LA if we "only" get Paul George.

Bring back IT, Randle and Lopez on decent deals, then try to turn Deng into something productive.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, March 13, 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#1775 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,913 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted March 13, 2018 - 10:15 PM

I would rather pay brook lopez than kcp, i think were underestimating the importance of a big man even though we play small ball

Edited by lildvl10, March 13, 2018 - 10:15 PM.

• LACAS likes this

#1776 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 10:26 PM

I would rather pay brook lopez than kcp, i think were underestimating the importance of a big man even though we play small ball

I agree, but one doesn't necessarily rule out the other.

What kind of contracts are these guys looking for?

• lildvl10 likes this

#1777 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,343 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 10:46 PM

I don't agree with you guys. While Lopez is indeed contributing, he is 30, while KCP is only 24 and is same generation as other young Lakers. If I were the Lakers GM, I would have hard time taking a risk for Lopez over taking a risk for KCP.

Now, I can understand the hesitation to sign KCP over Lopez due to positional changes, however, to me it seems like Randle will have a career at 5 rather than 4 in this league. I don't believe expecting Randle to develop a consistent 3-point shot is a realistic goal. He is becoming an absolute nightmare in the paint area. Therefore, shifting him to 5 and having PG play 4 could happen. It should be noted that in an offense where the ball moves constantly it doesn't matter if PG is 3 or 4. The defense would be something else but with Ingram, Ball, and KCP we would be switching constantly most of the time so I don't foresee PG getting bruised for playing 4 over long periods of time. And having Kuzma off the bench makes another difference as we would have PG, Ingram, Kuzma that could play 3-4 at any lineup - valuable versatility IMO.

fXlFKv8.gif

#1778 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 11:16 PM

I don't agree with you guys. While Lopez is indeed contributing, he is 30, while KCP is only 24 and is same generation as other young Lakers. If I were the Lakers GM, I would have hard time taking a risk for Lopez over taking a risk for KCP.

Now, I can understand the hesitation to sign KCP over Lopez due to positional changes, however, to me it seems like Randle will have a career at 5 rather than 4 in this league. I don't believe expecting Randle to develop a consistent 3-point shot is a realistic goal. He is becoming an absolute nightmare in the paint area. Therefore, shifting him to 5 and having PG play 4 could happen. It should be noted that in an offense where the ball moves constantly it doesn't matter if PG is 3 or 4. The defense would be something else but with Ingram, Ball, and KCP we would be switching constantly most of the time so I don't foresee PG getting bruised for playing 4 over long periods of time. And having Kuzma off the bench makes another difference as we would have PG, Ingram, Kuzma that could play 3-4 at any lineup - valuable versatility IMO.

Sure. But if we get Paul George i think Lopez still fills a bigger need than KCP and he's probably a lot more willing to settle into a cap friendly deal given his age and all.

Lakers would be able to sign George to a max and sign Brook to a deal starting at about 10M without waiving or trading Deng.

AND they'd be able to bring back Randle and IT.

AND they'd have the room exception worth about 4.4M.

Maybe flip Deng and draft considerations for a player that actually can contribute - Wes Matthews or DeMarre Carroll. Could probably flip him for Allen Crabbe for next to nothing. Crabbe isn't the defender that KCP is, but he's an amazing shooter.

#1779 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,343 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 11:22 PM

Yeah. Probably I'm at minority here. I just like how KCP turned it around last couple of months. He's become a real difference maker.

fXlFKv8.gif

#1780 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,531 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 11:43 PM

KCP has been solid lately, but he’s still frustrating at times and i wouldn’t mind giving extra minutes to someone like Hart. Randle and Lopez really fit well together as the 4-5 with Randle moving to the 5 with the second unit and i would hate to break that up. I guess it comes down to what kind of deal Lopez and KCP are wiling to take and what they can do with Deng.  

• lildvl10 likes this

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)