• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12431 replies to this topic

#1681 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,244 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2018 - 02:43 PM

I agree...however as of right now, the only thing that seperates Randle from a guy like Blake Griffin is a highlight reel and Blake has been to multiple all star games.

His ball handling and passing as a PF has reached damn near elite levels.

It's best for me to come back in about 2 weeks.  I don't want to ruin the high of you guys out West.  You've obviously got a shipment of some good weed and it lasts a lot longer than normal.

#1682 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,244 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 02:44 PM

the discussion surrounding Randle has changed so much.
I love it.

Keep our boy in purple and gold

Actually, it hasn't.  People said the same things when he was playing like trash so...

#1683 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,044 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 12, 2018 - 02:54 PM

It's best for me to come back in about 2 weeks.  I don't want to ruin the high of you guys out West.  You've obviously got a shipment of some good weed and it lasts a lot longer than normal.

lmao...I actually dont think very highly of Blake so that wasn't a huge compliment. I think he is overrated due to his dunking ability.
  • GCMD and LACAS like this

#1684 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,244 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 03:05 PM

lmao...I actually dont think very highly of Blake so that wasn't a huge compliment. I think he is overrated due to his dunking ability.

Think about it this way:

In this same thread, people have mercilessly bashed Andrew Wiggins and he's been a borderline AllStar statistically since his 2nd season.  Wiggins averaged more points as a ROOKIE than Randle has all 4 years.  Wiggins averaged more points as a rookie than Ingram has either of his 2 seasons.

Randle and Ingram are considered sure-fire AllStars on this board and Wiggins is a guaranteed bust on all levels.

That's the type of logic we have going on here.

I'd LOVE to keep Randle and you know I'm one of his toughest critics but the hyperbole and overhyping going on here is ludicrous.  Randle deserves to be paid and he'd do well next to stars in this system BUT when you have a chance to land HOF type players (LeBron), Randle isn't a high priority.

Everyone can claim that's my hate talking and I don't care.  Ask any fan outside of Lakers fans and you'd be laughed out of the room for even suggesting turning down a chance to sign LeBron or PG13 to keep Randle.  Ask Jeanie about that Spectrum Deal that needs to be re-newed in a few years.  Ask Magic and Luke about talent and stars on the Lakers.

But hey, this is the same place that had D'Angelo Russell overhyped as a Future HOFer so...

• Saber, KidRN and LACAS like this

#1685 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,193 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2018 - 03:06 PM

Didn't we just cleared a [expletive]load of cap space, why do we have to lose Randle as well ? Someone more knowledgeable please explain please ..

Guy is playing pretty good as of late with potential for further development and improvement. It would be nice if we can keep him, but this should not be at the expense of not acquiring PG for example. 

#1686 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 12, 2018 - 03:15 PM

Actually, it hasn't. People said the same things when he was playing like trash so...

I don’t think people were rallying like this.
so much so that you take a 2 week vacation from TLN? lol

Edited by Rekal, March 12, 2018 - 03:15 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#1687 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,244 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 03:16 PM

Didn't we just cleared a [expletive]load of cap space, why do we have to lose Randle as well ? Someone more knowledgeable please explain please ..

Guy is playing pretty good as of late with potential for further development and improvement. It would be nice if we can keep him, but this should not be at the expense of not acquiring PG for example. 

We can land 2 max stars and re-sign Randle.  Problem is Randle would either have to take the QO this year and get paid a lot next year or take less than he'll be offered by other teams this year.

We hold cards here.  We extended the QO for Randle and that gives us the right of first refusal.  If Randle wants to be a Laker, he can negotiate whatever contracts that may be available but he won't sign an offer sheet until we've figured out those 2 max slots.

Problem is, if he doesn't sign an offer sheet early and lock in that contract, the same team may offer that money to someone else.  Most of the major Role Player Free Agent money is negotiated pretty quickly like Moz/Deng or beforehand as evidenced by the 12:01 signings that could not possibly have been negotiated in 1 minute.

People are acting like we are doomed if we don't land Randle.  That's not true.  If we land PG13 but we don't land LeBron, we will STILL have over 40M in cap space and lots of options that include absorbing contracts or taking on an expiring like Melo with a pick to have money for 2019.

The panic and raging alarms are silly.  Randle's next paycheck won't be a bargain and we have the money to find his replacement.

• LACAS likes this

#1688 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,244 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 03:32 PM

I don’t think people were rallying like this.
so much so that you take a 2 week vacation from TLN? lol

Yeah, they were.  You don't know how much poop I've taken over the past 3 years when Randle was playing like poop (excuse my language).  The claims made about Randle have NOT changed in intensity from the day we drafted him to this very second.  Completely independent on the product on the floor.

Know what's crazy?  People still haven't realized that Randle is just now getting back to his UK form!  LOL.  They think he's "evolved"...

Is he stronger and faster?  Obviously.  But when people say he's close to Blake Griffin?  Passing and Ballhandling?  LOL...

Edited by GCMD, March 12, 2018 - 03:32 PM.

#1689 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, they were. You don't know how much poop I've taken over the past 3 years when Randle was playing like poop (excuse my language). The claims made about Randle have NOT changed in intensity from the day we drafted him to this very second. Completely independent on the product on the floor.

Know what's crazy? People still haven't realized that Randle is just now getting back to his UK form! LOL. They think he's "evolved"...

https://www.youtube....h?v=Y2T6RkKqwVY
https://www.youtube....h?v=h4GtN8mlYmU

Is he stronger and faster? Obviously. But when people say he's close to Blake Griffin? Passing and Ballhandling? LOL...

I was here
I seen all the arguments over and over and over and over
I seen all the “poop” you took
“trade him for Chriss”
“No right hand”
“Can’t set screens”
“Doesn’t fit”
“No 3 ball”
“He’s not draymond”
“He’s immature”
“He’s pouting”
I remember arguemnega about how many summers he’s had, and what counts as his rookie season : summer

Those aren’t all you - just [expletive] I remember hearing constantly.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#1690 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,927 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 12, 2018 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, they were. You don't know how much poop I've taken over the past 3 years when Randle was playing like poop (excuse my language). The claims made about Randle have NOT changed in intensity from the day we drafted him to this very second. Completely independent on the product on the floor.

Know what's crazy? People still haven't realized that Randle is just now getting back to his UK form! LOL. They think he's "evolved"...

Is he stronger and faster? Obviously. But when people say he's close to Blake Griffin? Passing and Ballhandling? LOL...

I was here

I seen all the arguments over and over and over and over

I seen all the “poop” you took

“trade him for Chriss”

“No right hand”

“Can’t set screens”

“Doesn’t fit”

“No 3 ball”

“He’s not draymond”

“He’s immature”

“He’s pouting”

I remember arguemnega about how many summers he’s had, and what counts as his rookie season : summer

Those aren’t all you - just [expletive] I remember hearing constantly.

😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1691 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,193 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2018 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for the explanation, GCMD !

• GCMD likes this

#1692 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,044 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 12, 2018 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, they were.  You don't know how much poop I've taken over the past 3 years when Randle was playing like poop (excuse my language).  The claims made about Randle have NOT changed in intensity from the day we drafted him to this very second.  Completely independent on the product on the floor.

Know what's crazy?  People still haven't realized that Randle is just now getting back to his UK form!  LOL.  They think he's "evolved"...

https://www.youtube....h?v=Y2T6RkKqwVY
https://www.youtube....h?v=h4GtN8mlYmU

Is he stronger and faster?  Obviously.  But when people say he's close to Blake Griffin?  Passing and Ballhandling?  LOL...

It is a pretty short list of PF's that are better passers and ball handlers than Randle regardless of how close you think he is to Blake.

#1693 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted March 12, 2018 - 05:04 PM

What i think is Randle is making the PG decision a lot harder if he wants to come.

LeBron still a no brainer to me.

Unless Bron says PG needs to be acquired in order for him to sign, Randle has been as impressive as any laker all season and more surprising than all of them except maybe Kuzma before we saw him in summer league and how Kuz continued to have a big impact most of this year

Edited by kball, March 12, 2018 - 05:05 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1694 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,983 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 05:10 PM

Getting PG is a prequisite to LeBron even considering the Lakers. Doesn’t matter how well the young guys are playing right now...I don’t think the situation in reverse applies to PG, but Bron definitely needs assurance of a second star joining him.
  • GCMD likes this

#1695 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted March 12, 2018 - 05:14 PM

Getting PG is a prequisite to LeBron even considering the Lakers. Doesn’t matter how well the young guys are playing right now...I don’t think the situation in reverse applies to PG, but Bron definitely needs assurance of a second star joining him.

Would LeBron be ok with CP3?

More than ok even maybe?

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1696 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,754 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted March 12, 2018 - 05:44 PM

Travis Wear signed to a 2nd 10-day contract today. Via Woj.
  • Rekal and Adam like this

#1697 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 06:06 PM

Travis Wear signed to a 2nd 10-day contract today. Via Woj.

I’m happy for him.
steps towards his nba dream

#1698 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,965 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 12, 2018 - 08:04 PM

You've always said Randle wasn't a system player and didn't make his teammates better. What changed?

• Busty Bluth likes this

#1699 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,673 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 09:39 PM

Some people take a lakers message board WAY too seriously lmao
  • FranklinPeanuts and Rekal like this
Posted Image

#1700 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,299 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted March 12, 2018 - 11:41 PM

I personally think George is coming but if Lebron doesnt sign here im ok with paying Randle a reasonable contract. Hopefully no more then 17 mill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users