4699 replies to this topic

#1641 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,159 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 07, 2018 - 04:18 PM

Kid Om going to disagree with D12 being the best center in the NBA, only when there were no centers, lol.

Dwight was one of the best defensive C's I've ever seen regardless of the quality of C's in the nba at the time. The way he anchored that Orlando team was incredible.
  • GCMD, LakeShow1o1 and LACAS like this

#1642 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,959 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted March 07, 2018 - 04:45 PM

I see nothing wrong with the billboards since it came from a fan...

I would have a problem had it come from the organization.

Edited by LACAS, March 07, 2018 - 04:45 PM.

#1643 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,508 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 07, 2018 - 04:46 PM

Agree with Kid...

People quickly forget how damn good of a center Dwight was...

There's a reason us Laker fans sat in front of our computers/phones for nearly that entire offseason anxious for updates about Dwight and some getting moist when just hearing that he was at an ice cream shop in LA or whatever it was.

The Orlando team that Dwight was able to carry to the finals was pretty mediocre.  Maybe not even as talented as the early Cavs team that Lebron carried but got swept against by the Spurs.  Dwight single handedly anchored that team defensively.

If you look back at that Orlando roster, it was filled with a bunch of role players.  Matter of fact, the only other player on that squad to ever even be an All-Star is Rashard Lewis and even he was past his prime.  In the modern era, not many players are able to single handedly carry their team to a finals.  Outside of Lebron and Dwight, I don't think anyone else ever has.

• GCMD likes this

#1644 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,874 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 07, 2018 - 05:38 PM

You can't confuse Dwight being a weirdo with him being a great bball player in his prime.  Lets not get dumb. 

• GCMD and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1645 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,515 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 07, 2018 - 06:04 PM

Chill bruh its kind of hard to read sarcasm on here. People say some of the dumbest [expletive] on here. I thought you were serious

It’s all love dude.

#1646 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,034 posts

Posted March 07, 2018 - 06:07 PM

Howard went to Finals, won DPoY 3 times and had been an allstar 8 times in 14 seasons. Can't really feel sorry for him if that was all he could do. There has been a lot of centers that came with more hype but could do much less. (Though there were also a lot of big men that came with much less hype and did much more - Draymond Green)

fXlFKv8.gif

#1647 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,874 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 07, 2018 - 06:23 PM

Draymond hasn't done more than Dwight as an individual man.  Put prime Dwight in GS and they still win rings.  Put Draymond in ORL in 2009 and they beat the Cavs let alone get out of the 1st round. 

Howard went to Finals, won DPoY 3 times and had been an allstar 8 times in 14 seasons. Can't really feel sorry for him if that was all he could do. There has been a lot of centers that came with more hype but could do much less. (Though there were also a lot of big men that came with much less hype and did much more - Draymond Green)

• GCMD and KidRN like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1648 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,163 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted March 07, 2018 - 06:32 PM

It’s all love dude.

Always my boy always

#1649 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,159 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 08, 2018 - 08:20 AM

Draymond hasn't done more than Dwight as an individual man.  Put prime Dwight in GS and they still win rings.  Put Draymond in ORL in 2009 and they beat the Cavs let alone get out of the 1st round.

It's not even close lol

#1650 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,515 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 09:43 AM

So now that Lebrons free agency list is out. No way in hell the Rockets pull it off so that’s a no. It’s between Us Philly and Cavs. Which we already knew lol

#1651 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,966 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 08, 2018 - 10:21 AM

Houston is the most enticing for next year, IMO; but, I don't see that as a long-term fit for Lebron, given Paul's age, and the structure of the roster.  Plus, Houston may win the title this year; so, that could create a psychological disadvantage. 

Biggest strike against Philly is Embiid's health, and the inability, perhaps, to bring in another star free agent.  Philly has the advantage of being in the weaker conference, and having an exciting young core that will get play-off experience this season.

Lakers provide both A) a talented young core, and B) the ability bring in another max star this off-season.   Plus, it's a no-brainer for a long-term permanent home and smooth transition into retirement/post-career.

As far as Cleveland goes:  It's really his call.   But, he hasn't been willing to make them guarantees in the past, and so I don't know why this starts now.   Maybe another title and another parade will do it for him.

Edited by UKUGA, March 08, 2018 - 10:22 AM.

• GCMD likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#1652 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,515 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 11:25 AM

Houston is the most enticing for next year, IMO; but, I don't see that as a long-term fit for Lebron, given Paul's age, and the structure of the roster. Plus, Houston may win the title this year; so, that could create a psychological disadvantage.

Biggest strike against Philly is Embiid's health, and the inability, perhaps, to bring in another star free agent. Philly has the advantage of being in the weaker conference, and having an exciting young core that will get play-off experience this season.

Lakers provide both A) a talented young core, and B) the ability bring in another max star this off-season. Plus, it's a no-brainer for a long-term permanent home and smooth transition into retirement/post-career.

As far as Cleveland goes: It's really his call. But, he hasn't been willing to make them guarantees in the past, and so I don't know why this starts now. Maybe another title and another parade will do it for him.

As great as Lebron is he’s getting smoked by Houston or Golden State guaranteed. So I don’t see what the Cavs can do to get him to stay. The only way is to win it all again and I don’t see that happening unless Houston gets hurt.

Edited by JayTheGreat, March 08, 2018 - 11:26 AM.

#1653 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,189 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 08, 2018 - 05:15 PM

Go to Houston if you want MDA to help that Achilles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • UKUGA likes this

#1654 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,803 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 08, 2018 - 09:09 PM

Off topic but man that Jaylen Brown fall was scary.
  • kball likes this

#1655 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,517 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 08, 2018 - 09:50 PM

Sorry but Bird was a Celtic so that automatically throws him out, ever hear of a guy named Elgin Baylor?

#1656 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,255 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 09, 2018 - 12:12 AM

Houston is the most enticing for next year, IMO; but, I don't see that as a long-term fit for Lebron, given Paul's age, and the structure of the roster.  Plus, Houston may win the title this year; so, that could create a psychological disadvantage. 

Biggest strike against Philly is Embiid's health, and the inability, perhaps, to bring in another star free agent.  Philly has the advantage of being in the weaker conference, and having an exciting young core that will get play-off experience this season.

Lakers provide both A) a talented young core, and B) the ability bring in another max star this off-season.   Plus, it's a no-brainer for a long-term permanent home and smooth transition into retirement/post-career.

As far as Cleveland goes:  It's really his call.   But, he hasn't been willing to make them guarantees in the past, and so I don't know why this starts now.   Maybe another title and another parade will do it for him.

LEBRON:

Houston:

Unless both Houston and Cleveland get completely smoked in the playoffs by GS I dont really see them going to Houston. Financially it's going to be nearly impossible to pull off and they'd have to give up some of their key roleplayers. Gordon, Ariza, Capela and Anderson all would probably be gone and while i'm aware that Lebron is better than those guys, i'm not sure if it really help them all that much.

Philly:

The fit next to Ben Simmons is shaky and i dont think Lebron will trust Embiid's health.

Cavs:

Who the hell knows. They could win or get close. They could win the lottery - or get top 4. Gilbert could sell the team. There's clearly potential there with the pick and the young guys, but i dont know if the relationship is too broken.

Lakers:

Like Kevin O'Connor said: "LA just feels like a no-brainer". They have the ability to pair him with Paul George and they have the assets to aquire a third - or even fourth - star if they wanted or just let the young guys grow. If they could get those two to commit, i think they'd find a way to get rid of Deng, bring back Randle and Lopez and probably find another 2-3 high-end veterans to round out the bench.

Lonzo-George-Ingram-Lebron-Randle with Lopez, Kuz, Hart and a couple of veterans. That's easily a contender and a team that literaly would improve each and every season for half a decade.

I'm a homer. I dont care.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, March 09, 2018 - 12:14 AM.

• UKUGA, Rekal and Adam like this

#1657 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,821 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 09, 2018 - 05:16 AM

Funny how now everyone believes Lebron to the Lakers is a possibility.

I WAS THE ONLY ONE SAYING LEBRON TO LAKERS IS A DONE DEAL YEARS AGO

Thank me all
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#1658 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,966 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 09, 2018 - 07:46 AM

Ramona (aka:  Jeannie's, or someone close to her, mouthpiece) drops this on Friday morning of LABron weekend. 

But can superstars already in their prime, like James or George, fit into the culture the Lakers have spent the past few seasons trying to build? Can the Lakers' young core evolve quickly enough to play at James' or George's level?

If James were to join a young team like the Lakers, he'd immediately become the center of the Los Angeles sports universe. All that team building and youth culture would still be foundational to the group, but James would set the culture going forward. His voice would be the loudest. His habits would set the tone.

His presence alone would alter the nascent Lakers' ecosystem. James would be some 10 years older than the Lakers' best players, with at least three rings (depending on how this season goes) and more basketball wisdom than the entire core put together.

His presence alone would alter the nascent Lakers' ecosystem. James would be some 10 years older than the Lakers' best players, with at least three rings (depending on how this season goes) and more basketball wisdom than the entire core put together.

Only Walton (three rings as a player and assistant coach) and associate head coach Brian Shaw (five rings as a player and assistant coach) have the championship credentials to even have a conversation with a player of James' stature. Only NBA legends like Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson (five rings) have the championship credentials to give him advice.

What could James learn from a 20-year-old like Ball, much less talk about with him?

Then again, who needs to talk when a point guard sets you up for good shots all night? That's the obvious appeal of joining a youthful squad with a talented playmaker like Ball. James has always needed another playmaker who can create offense. In Miami, that was Dwyane Wade. In Cleveland, that was Kyrie Irving. As he ages, that becomes even more important. And despite the noticeable upgrades the Cavs made at the trade deadline, they're still searching for a player capable of creating and producing when teams key on stopping James.

• GCMD likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#1659 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,627 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 09, 2018 - 11:06 AM

Off topic but man that Jaylen Brown fall was scary.

That was a nasty fall.

#1660 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,842 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 09, 2018 - 01:23 PM

Funny how now everyone believes Lebron to the Lakers is a possibility.

I WAS THE ONLY ONE SAYING LEBRON TO LAKERS IS A DONE DEAL YEARS AGO

Thank me all

If he doesn’t come I’m blame you too hha

31 user(s) are reading this topic

11 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users

DaSmoothOperator, MaceWindu, noknife, JayTheGreat, GCMD, bigfetz, Disaster in Paradise, Clutch Factor, LakerGeezer, LAkerFan85, Icker, Bing (2)