12431 replies to this topic

#12421 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,673 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 09, 2019 - 02:03 PM

Nah Parsons has no D see ya!! Health is an overlooked component in getting a chip!

He is a capable shooter that would be nice to have come playoffs time.However, i'm not quite sure who i would take mins away from.

Ball

Ingram

Kuz

Hart

need to shoot more and consistently.

ap1.png

#12422 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,413 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 10, 2019 - 08:31 AM

If the kids can consistently play with this aggression we will be ok, its not about the pint production, it's about the hustle! The past 2-games they have looked great!

#12423 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 10, 2019 - 07:20 PM

No on Parsons hard no! We need balanced players not one dimensional ones imo

#12424 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,376 posts

Posted January 10, 2019 - 07:20 PM

Hart will be ok he will fall to peer pressure! Just watch
  • BasketballIQ likes this

#12425 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,376 posts

Posted January 11, 2019 - 11:04 PM

Now I think BI will become a great player one day but when? Best to make a deal and get AD and roll!

#12426 trips

trips

Rookie

• 29 posts
  • Name:ClubLakers
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Multiple

Posted January 12, 2019 - 12:49 PM

Having successfully completed the first part of the MJ/Pelinka two year plan, there is much speculation concerning the teams options coming into the latter. Anthony Davis and his impending opt in or out decision is the most popular option discussed by us Laker hopefuls. Another option would be of course a max player signing as the organization has maneuvered our cap space accordingly and will have enough to offer a max contract to any deserving prospect.

There are fans who discuss both as being an actual option to our FO and have heralded expectations of acquiring not only AD but also a KD, Kawhi or Klay. Doubting such a possibility I am looking to discuss with those who are knowledgeable about the NBA cap to look over if such a scenario is at all possible. According to my calculations I don't see it has cap viable.

http://www.espn.com/...radeId=yblzm7sg

In my calculations in attempting to trade for Davis without hindering our available cap it would take a package of our complete young core. Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, Svi and Bonga would all have to be included to make it work. That is if retaining cap for a max deal is the goal.

With our expiring contracts we should have around maybe 30 million or less available??? The only scenario that I see working is one where we trade for AD and sign Klay to a deal where he's willing to take a pay cut. The rest would have to be used to re-sign Rondo as Zo would be Nola bound. MLE and min deals would be the remaining options to fill out our roster.

In the likely case we kept some of our players (as I highly doubt the FO will give up our entire roster) this would take from our cap flexibility as part of it would go towards trading for Davis.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this...

Edited by trips, January 12, 2019 - 12:50 PM.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or "Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding." - Hanlon's razor It recommends a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for a phenomenon (a philosophical razor).

#12427 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,547 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 12, 2019 - 02:29 PM

Why do Lakers fans continually discuss trading for AD as if it's something that's guaranteed to happen?  The Lakers don't even have the best possible package for him, especially considering the best piece available is Kyle Kuzma or Brandon Ingram.  Both who are shooting well below league average from 3. 

It's one of the reasons why I have been pro development.  I still believe Ingram can be a star but I'm not sure LA is going to develop him the way he needs to.  He's also not producing enough as a player today for any team to seriously consider trading their best player that's a top 7 player for him in a trade.  

It's kinda lose lose with him right now because Lebron and the higher stakes to win.  IDC what the front office says they want to win this year.  On the flipside fans have to understand that they did not have the option to trade for Kawhi.  The Spurs were NOT looking to get Brandon Ingram as the centerpiece for Kawhi.  The media just has a way of reporting [expletive] for clicks because the Lakers bring the interest. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, January 12, 2019 - 02:29 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#12428 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,547 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 12, 2019 - 02:30 PM

Tell that to New Orleans then...im sure if they wanted BI+whatever for him they deal would be done.  

Now I think BI will become a great player one day but when? Best to make a deal and get AD and roll!

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#12429 trips

trips

Rookie

• 29 posts

Posted January 12, 2019 - 02:46 PM

Why do Lakers fans continually discuss trading for AD as if it's something that's guaranteed to happen? The Lakers don't even have the best possible package for him, especially considering the best piece available is Kyle Kuzma or Brandon Ingram. Both who are shooting well below league average from 3.

It's one of the reasons why I have been pro development. I still believe Ingram can be a star but I'm not sure LA is going to develop him the way he needs to. He's also not producing enough as a player today for any team to seriously consider trading their best player that's a top 7 player for him in a trade.

It's kinda lose lose with him right now because Lebron and the higher stakes to win. IDC what the front office says they want to win this year. On the flipside fans have to understand that they did not have the option to trade for Kawhi. The Spurs were NOT looking to get Brandon Ingram as the centerpiece for Kawhi. The media just has a way of reporting [expletive] for clicks because the Lakers bring the interest.

Who knows what's going to happen? However fans are setting their expectations up to be crushed. Especially those expecting not only a trade but a huge signing too. That's the reason for my question if anyone has answers.

Edited by trips, January 12, 2019 - 02:49 PM.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or "Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding." - Hanlon's razor It recommends a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for a phenomenon (a philosophical razor).

#12430 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,573 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 12, 2019 - 03:01 PM

Who knows what's going to happen? However fans are setting their expectations up to be crushed. Especially those expecting not only a trade but a huge signing too. That's the reason for my question if anyone has answers.

Dreams got crushed when PG13 returned to OKC and we couldn't land Kawhi. There will be chances to attain either AD or Kawhi this offseason. But knowing the Lakers luck ... wouldn't count on anything happening.

#12431 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,733 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 12, 2019 - 03:25 PM

I said it a lot in the off-season and brought it up again a few days ago: The Lakers could find themselves in a situation where the Lakers can't attract a player in FA because the rest of the team around LeBron isn't that good and the young core doesn't have enough value to be traded for a star either. The Lakers took a risk in not trading for a star in the off-season, and it's looking like that gamble is going to back-fire on them. I would guess that the Lakers' young core had a lot more trade value in the off-season.

The Lakers' front office and a lot of Laker fans really overrate the Lakers' young talent.

People like to find faults with young talent on other teams. But, how would the Lakers' young core do if they were asked to lead teams like Fox and Doncic have done all season? They can't even do it on a limited stretch like what Tatum and Mitchell did last post-season.

#12432 trips

trips

Rookie

• 29 posts

Posted January 13, 2019 - 06:37 AM

Tell that to New Orleans then...im sure if they wanted BI+whatever for him they deal would be done.

Why would any GM in their right mind willingly trade away Anthony Davis? It would only be done with a forced hand. Better to gain an asset than lose it all with nothing in return.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users