• Please log in to reply
12061 replies to this topic

#11921 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 05, 2018 - 08:48 PM

That's why I've been preaching trading for a Star, not trying to groom one of sign one in free agency.  People will believe what they want.

Right now, Ingram still overlaps with LeBron too much in his approach to the game.  That's exactly what KD was talking about.  We need players who feed off LeBron next to him.  Players who just occupy the same space don't have a chance.

• MambaMentality likes this

#11922 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2018 - 10:40 PM

That's why I've been preaching trading for a Star, not trying to groom one of sign one in free agency.  People will believe what they want.

Right now, Ingram still overlaps with LeBron too much in his approach to the game.  That's exactly what KD was talking about.  We need players who feed off LeBron next to him.  Players who just occupy the same space don't have a chance.

Everyone would probably agree that we could use a better 2nd option although Kuz has been improving quite a bit lately. It's just not all that easy to find that guy without significantly hurting our long-term (2-4 year) flexibility. You can argue that we should look to win this season and that's fine, but if we are hurting our chances at a superstar by trading away part of the farm now, that player we get really has to put us over the top right now.

In my opinion, Beal isn't the right guy. His contract simply is too expensive. Middleton would be a better option as his 18M cap hold still would allow us to both re-sign him as well as someone else worth upwards of 25M - or even absorb a more expensive deal.

#11923 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts

Posted December 05, 2018 - 11:09 PM

Everyone would probably agree that we could use a better 2nd option although Kuz has been improving quite a bit lately. It's just not all that easy to find that guy without significantly hurting our long-term (2-4 year) flexibility. You can argue that we should look to win this season and that's fine, but if we are hurting our chances at a superstar by trading away part of the farm now, that player we get really has to put us over the top right now.

In my opinion, Beal isn't the right guy. His contract simply is too expensive. Middleton would be a better option as his 18M cap hold still would allow us to both re-sign him as well as someone else worth upwards of 25M - or even absorb a more expensive deal.

All good points.  Finding the perfect missing piece won't be easy.  We can debate who it should be but I think we all agree that something is missing.  Acknowledging that puts us in a much better position to make the right move when it presents itself.

• LACAS likes this

#11924 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted December 06, 2018 - 08:44 AM

So he's a mess but you think that the Sixers could trade him for great value? Nah that's not how trades work man lol.

I’m that particular situation a young guy would’ve probably been worth equal to Covington

All situations are not equal. Covington is more valuable to the sixers and fultz would be more valuable to minnesota
Posted Image

#11925 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,205 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted December 06, 2018 - 01:04 PM

This Fultz + salary filler to Phoenix for Ariza rumour makes too much sense for both sides to actually happen lol

#11926 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,205 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted December 06, 2018 - 01:10 PM

Btw the NBA had no business interfering in the Sixers front office. Hinke's vision was just starting to take focus and instead Colangelo came in, made a terrible trade and talked [expletive] about his own players, and was forced to resign. Imagine Philly with Tatum instead plus Sacramento's 2019 pick.
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

#11927 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted December 06, 2018 - 01:48 PM

This Fultz + salary filler to Phoenix for Ariza rumour makes too much sense for both sides to actually happen lol

Lol shoulda tried to keep Covington

I remember how there were rumors about Philly not wanting to give up fultz

But I can also say that’s assuming that’s even true. I will say this recent shoulder development makes me think nobody wants that train wreck. He’s one of the strangest #1 draft picks ever

I’d argue he’s similar to Kwame brown with how mentally fragile he is

There’s a psychological problem here.
Posted Image

#11928 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted December 06, 2018 - 09:36 PM

All good points.  Finding the perfect missing piece won't be easy.  We can debate who it should be but I think we all agree that something is missing.  Acknowledging that puts us in a much better position to make the right move when it presents itself.

I'm leaning towards just rolling with the current squad and add a scorer using some of our expirings and picks. I mentioned Terrence Ross earlier who'd be excellent.

But if we wanted to go all-in i think we could try to trade for someone such as Khris Middleton. They're not interested in paying him and he's had run-ins with some assistants with the team i believe. We could do BI-KCP for Middleton which would help the Bucks both short and long-term. OR a third team could be involved - Miami or Washington, perhaps - sending a more win-now player to the Bucks (Beal, Richardson etc.). 

• LACAS likes this

#11929 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 07, 2018 - 05:06 AM

I'm leaning towards just rolling with the current squad and add a scorer using some of our expirings and picks. I mentioned Terrence Ross earlier who'd be excellent.

But if we wanted to go all-in i think we could try to trade for someone such as Khris Middleton. They're not interested in paying him and he's had run-ins with some assistants with the team i believe. We could do BI-KCP for Middleton 

I like Middleton and his franchise friendly contract, DANISH get it done LOL.

#11930 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted December 07, 2018 - 06:42 AM

I like Middleton and his franchise friendly contract, DANISH get it done LOL.

Ok, i'm on it!

Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if we saw Ingram and KCP traded to the Bucks on december 15th for Middleton.

The cap situation in Milwaukee isn't good and they probably want to avoid having to pay what it'll cost to keep Middleton - which i would expect would be the max or close to it. I'm sure teams like the Kings and Mavs would target Middleton and overpay to get him, so if you're the Bucks you'd have to match that. They also have to pay Brogdon and possibly Bledsoe who also is a FA.

I'd be a bit concerned with how they'll build the team beyond next season but Middleton would for sure set us up for a title run right now.

• LACAS likes this

#11931 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts

Posted December 07, 2018 - 08:19 AM

Ok, i'm on it!

Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if we saw Ingram and KCP traded to the Bucks on december 15th for Middleton.

The cap situation in Milwaukee isn't good and they probably want to avoid having to pay what it'll cost to keep Middleton - which i would expect would be the max or close to it. I'm sure teams like the Kings and Mavs would target Middleton and overpay to get him, so if you're the Bucks you'd have to match that. They also have to pay Brogdon and possibly Bledsoe who also is a FA.

I'd be a bit concerned with how they'll build the team beyond next season but Middleton would for sure set us up for a title run right now.

I agree, Middleton would be a nice addition! 

#11932 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted December 07, 2018 - 10:16 AM

I agree, Middleton would be a nice addition! 

Middleton would be great. He's at least as good of a defender as BI and he's one of the best shooters in the game. He'd score 25ppg on this team.

The problem would be in 2019 where Middleton's cap hold would make it tough to go after guys like Kawhi or KD. It wouldn't be impossible, but difficult.

#11933 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts

Posted December 07, 2018 - 11:19 AM

Middleton would be great. He's at least as good of a defender as BI and he's one of the best shooters in the game. He'd score 25ppg on this team.

The problem would be in 2019 where Middleton's cap hold would make it tough to go after guys like Kawhi or KD. It wouldn't be impossible, but difficult.

Whats his cap hold?

#11934 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,116 posts

Posted December 07, 2018 - 11:51 AM

I actually wonder if we could sign Middleton after trading for Beal?

Lebron Middleton and Beal after GS inevitably trades draymond puts us right up there with the rest of the league

And that’s outstanding perimeter defense 1-3

McGee
Lebron
Middleton
Beal
Lonzo

I’ll take that against anybody, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see lebron turn into a 10apg guy at that point and not worry about scoring as much

If it’s possible, depending on Middleton’s price tag I’d aim for that personally. It’d start with sending Ingram for Beal and you’d go from there

Still would love Davis though but man if that’s not a fun team to watch
  • Jackson and MaceWindu like this
Posted Image

#11935 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,031 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 07, 2018 - 12:07 PM

I actually wonder if we could sign Middleton after trading for Beal?

Lebron Middleton and Beal after GS inevitably trades draymond puts us right up there with the rest of the league

And that’s outstanding perimeter defense 1-3

McGee
Lebron
Middleton
Beal
Lonzo

I’ll take that against anybody, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see lebron turn into a 10apg guy at that point and not worry about scoring as much

If it’s possible, depending on Middleton’s price tag I’d aim for that personally. It’d start with sending Ingram for Beal and you’d go from there

Still would love Davis though but man if that’s not a fun team to watch

I agree with this. Was about to make a post similar to this, but I'm not sure how the numbers would work out. Beal had 36 the other night. Whether we win a championship or not with that lineup, we would be darned close.

#11936 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,215 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 07, 2018 - 07:45 PM

There won’t be any mid level
Moves trade deadline is a ways off and things could change that but for now we sit pat.

#11937 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted December 07, 2018 - 08:06 PM

Whats his cap hold?

19.5M

#11938 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,617 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 07, 2018 - 08:21 PM

I'm scared that the Lakers are going to use the Brandon Ingram injury as an excuse to not do anything regardless of how they perform while he's gone. And then if they find out they aren't good even with him, it'll be too late to do anything by then.

I said the same thing after his suspension. But, this may be a lot longer period of time.

• GCMD likes this

#11939 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted December 07, 2018 - 08:41 PM

I'm scared that the Lakers are going to use the Brandon Ingram injury as an excuse to not do anything regardless of how they perform while he's gone. And then if they find out they aren't good even with him, it'll be too late to do anything by then.

I said the same thing after his suspension. But, this may be a lot longer period of time.

If the Lakers have doubts about being able to make the playoffs i think they'll make a move of some sort.

The Bucks just moved Henson and Delly for George Hill whose non-guaranteed contract for 2019 pretty much sets them up pretty well to re-sign Middleton.

Wizards are coming along as well which means they might not be quite ready to blow it up.

#11940 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,534 posts

Posted December 08, 2018 - 09:43 PM

But if we wanted to go all-in i think we could try to trade for someone such as Khris Middleton. They're not interested in paying him and he's had run-ins with some assistants with the team i believe. We could do BI-KCP for Middleton which would help the Bucks both short and long-term. OR a third team could be involved - Miami or Washington, perhaps - sending a more win-now player to the Bucks (Beal, Richardson etc.). 

Ross is a good scorer but I don't think he's capable of being a #2 option scorer or a #1 when LeBron isn't on the floor.

Same with Middleton.  He's a guy that would help and he's a good shooter.  Is he a #2 option guy?  He wants a max or near max contract...is he worth it?

If we made either move, I would consider them decent and trying to improve the team but I would go a different route personally.  I'd target an attack guard, not another wing or role player type guard.

If you land Middleton, no room on the wing for LeBron/Middleton and Kawhi or KD even if you have the money.  I understand wanting to add an interesting player that has skillsets we need but if we do that, what would that team look like?

We would be better than we are now but how much?

A huge part of the problem with our starting lineup is we have 3 wings starting...Ingram/LeBron/Kuzma. 

We're asking Lonzo to be an attack guard when that's not the best use of his skills. 

Ingram - same thing.  He'd be better off-ball.

LeBron - does everything.

Kuzma -  good scorer and a mismatch but still a big wing.

If you sub Middleton, KD or Kawhi in for Ingram, you haven't done anything but added another wing scorer.  Similar builds and operating out of the same spots.

IMHO, we would be better served with another true guard.  Someone who can create their own shot, spread the floor off the ball and who can act as the primary focus for the offense when LeBron sits or is off the ball.  Ross and Middleton are adequate next to LeBron but I don't see them as difference makers without LeBron or post-LeBron.  I could be wrong.

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)