LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,957 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 08, 2018 - 02:26 PM

Exactly!

Waiting until Bron cant play anymore while holding on to the youth is flat out dumb. I have clue why people think that this is a good idea.

What player is available via trade that you think would make sense and would help push these team into contention?  Kawhi was obviously the only major card that could have been acquired but even then we don't know the full details and what the cost would have been.

#11582 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,770 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 08, 2018 - 02:38 PM

What player is available via trade that you think would make sense and would help push these team into contention? Kawhi was obviously the only major card that could have been acquired but even then we don't know the full details and what the cost would have been.

Whether we should explore trading a player has nothing to do with who is currently available. You guys keep using that to try to change the conversation. Based on Ingram's fit and play during his career, I would actively look for a deal because I don't trust his development or potential anymore. That has nothing to do with hypothetical trades. This is what GCMD refuses to do on this forum and I see why.

If I mention a star then you'll simply say he isnt available or we'd have to give up too much. If a mention a 2nd or 3rd tier type of player then you'll simply disagree because of what you view as Ingram's ceiling.

In other words, no matter what name I throw out you'll just disagree with me.

Edited by KidRN, November 08, 2018 - 02:41 PM.

• GCMD likes this

#11583 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,504 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 08, 2018 - 02:39 PM

Uh huh. You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig

You’re unmovable. You take the pessimistic angle on everything and pass it off as if you’re giving objective analysis on the team. I don’t even know why you’re a fan. It’d be different if there was actual fluidity to your opinions but there’s not. You just stay on the complain train headed to whineville with a quick stop at tear town

I'll be positive when I actually see good things happen. The young guys pretty much have 1 impact game for every 4 non-impactful games. The Lakers don't look close to being a good team right now. Everything points to the Lakers striking out in 2019. I honestly don't know what you see that makes you say otherwise. Improvement from Ingram being utter garbage his rookie year? His age? Gonna need a lot more than that. I haven't heard a good rebuttal of bfc1125roy's topic.

Not all of the following guys are playing better right now. But starting from Ingram's draft, I'd say these guys have shown higher peaks than any of the Lakers' young players:

Ben Simmons

Jaylen Brown

Buddy Hield

Jamal Murray

Jayson Tatum

De'Aaron Fox

Donovan Mitchell

DeAndre Ayton

Luka Doncic

I don't think I'll be able to prove to people that I'm not just a hater. But, all of my negative opinions are just honestly how I see things right now.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#11584 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,969 posts

Posted November 08, 2018 - 03:17 PM

This post pretty much sums up both arguments. Keeping the young talent may end up biting us in the ass if they don't become as good as billed.Landing or trading assets for established stars does not always workout, especially when we considered what happened with Dwight and Nash.

But the elephants in the room are LeBron and father time. We probably have the 2nd or best player in the league right now and we need to make the most of the final years of his prime. The thing is, by landing LeBron, we went from developing promising talent to a win now position. So something has to give.

Those aren’t the only two arguments. There’s also the wait for a better opportunity to present itself and not just trade assets to pay ourselves on the back and say we made a trade

What if the lakers actually do have a chance at a 2019 free agent? What if we can get that second star whilst maintaining all assets what does that mean?

That means we can now use the young guys to trade for a 3rd guy or maybe they even become that 3rd guy themselves

Or what if a better disgruntled star becomes available? Oops we shed all of our assets for Bradley Beal a guy who has one of the worst records in the nba whilst playing in the eastern conference

I don’t get how people can’t see this

The GREAT jimmy butler has a worse record than we do

I think the main problem is too many are looking at this entire situation entirely black and white. When the grey area is where magic is operating. Anyone who believes the young guys are untouchable is ignoring the truth

Magic and pelinka are taking a step back, lebron just got here 3 months ago, they’re seeing what opportunity presents itself first. They aren’t just leaping to rash decisions based on a rough start which hasn’t been as rough as people would have you believe

I have trust that they’ll make the smart decision not the arm chair gm decision. I stand by my position whole heartedly. It’s dumb to trade the youth for a 30 million dollar 2nd tier all star and it’s equally dumb to make the youth all untouchable
Posted Image

#11585 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,957 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 08, 2018 - 03:35 PM

Whether we should explore trading a player has nothing to do with who is currently available. You guys keep using that to try to change the conversation. Based on Ingram's fit and play during his career, I would actively look for a deal because I don't trust his development or potential anymore. That has nothing to do with hypothetical trades. This is what GCMD refuses to do on this forum and I see why.

If I mention a star then you'll simply say he isnt available or we'd have to give up too much. If a mention a 2nd or 3rd tier type of player then you'll simply disagree because of what you view as Ingram's ceiling.

In other words, no matter what name I throw out you'll just disagree with me.

It has everything to do with it...

What is the point in "exploring" a trade option when you don't have a particular one in mind that would fit with the offense, currently existing pieces, and financial plans moving forward.

Throwing out names would be great as it'll stir an even greater debate as to what that player brings, what his pros/cons are, and whether he'll be worth trading for...  

Providing your input and mentioning a given player provides much greater conversation and debate in contrast to what you're currently doing in a majority of your post which is...

A - Bash young Laker player

B - Bash young Laker player

C - Bash young Laker player

So please, I'm sure I, as well as a majority of this forum would greatly appreciate your input and would love to know what players you feel we should go after via trade.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, November 08, 2018 - 03:36 PM.

#11586 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,770 posts

Posted November 08, 2018 - 03:53 PM

It has everything to do with it...
What is the point in "exploring" a trade option when you don't have a particular one in mind that would fit with the offense, currently existing pieces, and financial plans moving forward.

Throwing out names would be great as it'll stir an even greater debate as to what that player brings, what his pros/cons are, and whether he'll be worth trading for...  
Providing your input and mentioning a given player provides much greater conversation and debate in contrast to what you're currently doing in a majority of your post which is...

A - Bash young Laker player
B - Bash young Laker player
C - Bash young Laker player

So please, I'm sure I, as well as a majority of this forum would greatly appreciate your input and would love to know what players you feel we should go after via trade.

Lol come on bro, I'm not new here.

We've gone down this road 1000 times. My opinion is that Ingram is not worth including in future plans. If a reasonable trade arises that will immediately help this team then we should do it.

I only bash players that deserve to be bashed. I'm not really bashing Ingram, I just think that he should be traded sooner rather than later. Ball is trash. I bash Ball.

#11587 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,177 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 08, 2018 - 05:44 PM

Kidrn is your depression kicking back in? Tou mentioned you struvgled with negative thoughts
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#11588 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 936 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 08, 2018 - 06:10 PM

Kidrn is your depression kicking back in? Tou mentioned you struvgled with negative thoughts

Low blow.
  • GCMD likes this

#11589 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 526 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 08, 2018 - 08:18 PM

I agree with you, but not necessarily in the manner you speak of. You said if a reasonable trade arises that will immediately help this team, we should do it. I say if a reasonable trade arises that will help this team in the short run AND in the long run, than we should do it. 

You say ingram isn't worth including in future plans and I think for his opportunity cost he's doing alright for now. I'm more than willing to trade ingram, hart, lonzo, kuzma - all of em can go if and only if it actually moves the needle. making waves just to make some noise only serves to make us feel good. 

If I'm wrong, please prove me wrong. I want to trade ingram. I look around and see who I can trade him for. Then I go through the process to determine if it makes our team and organization as a whole better. how much does it increase our odds of winning. After doing that, I come up with no one. I'm cognizant enough to know that I probably overlooked someone, but at this point, I literally don't know who we can actually make a trade for. 

so please, tell me!

Lol come on bro, I'm not new here.

We've gone down this road 1000 times. My opinion is that Ingram is not worth including in future plans. If a reasonable trade arises that will immediately help this team then we should do it.

I only bash players that deserve to be bashed. I'm not really bashing Ingram, I just think that he should be traded sooner rather than later. Ball is trash. I bash Ball.

#11590 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 526 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 08, 2018 - 08:18 PM

Devin Booker wants out of Phoenix. Haven't heard much about him. Ingram for Booker anyone? if you could trade one of ingram or kuzma and fillers for booker, who do you trade and why?

#11591 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Off The Bench

• 1,770 posts
  • Name:Rafael
  • Fan Since:92
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant / Magic Johnson

Posted November 08, 2018 - 08:35 PM

Devin Booker wants out of Phoenix. Haven't heard much about him. Ingram for Booker anyone? if you could trade one of ingram or kuzma and fillers for booker, who do you trade and why?

There's no way Phoenix trade Booker straight for Ingram or Kuzma, no way.

• KidRN likes this

#11592 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,373 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 09, 2018 - 07:05 AM

Yes cuz Devin Booker has proven he can help a team win.  Now he's on a max deal and I don't think his team has ever won more than 30 games since he's been there. No thanks. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#11593 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,969 posts

Posted November 09, 2018 - 09:17 AM

I actually would be significantly more inclined to want to trade for booker than most of the other suggestions

He’s 22 years old
He’s already shown himself to be one of the better scorers
He’s a versatile scorer
He’s got good size and athletic ability
His contract doesn’t really get bad until lebrons is off the books

Don’t get me wrong I’m not advocating trading for booker per se but if Phoenix came calling and said Ingram and another piece and a bunch of 1st rounders I’d definitely consider it

Booker is on the list of guys I’d like here. I don’t pin winning more than 30 games on him I mean for god sakes he’s a 22 year old in the western conference with absolutely no talent around him until kinda this year
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

#11594 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,770 posts

Posted November 09, 2018 - 09:23 AM

Yes cuz Devin Booker has proven he can help a team win.  Now he's on a max deal and I don't think his team has ever won more than 30 games since he's been there. No thanks.

lol the double standard is crazy. Our youth didn't lead us anywhere and had worst stats. You do realize that eventually everyone gets paid right? Rookie deals don't last forever. You either pay the man or you let him go. The same will happen with Ingram, Ball, Hart, and Kuzma.

Suns wouldn't trade Booker for our trash anyway so there is no point of this discussion.
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#11595 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,649 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 09, 2018 - 10:05 AM

Booker is one of the most overrated players in the league, so no thanks.

#11596 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,504 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 09, 2018 - 10:51 AM

lol the double standard is crazy. Our youth didn't lead us anywhere and had worst stats. You do realize that eventually everyone gets paid right? Rookie deals don't last forever. You either pay the man or you let him go. The same will happen with Ingram, Ball, Hart, and Kuzma.

Suns wouldn't trade Booker for our trash anyway so there is no point of this discussion.

I laugh every time a Laker homer uses a young player's team performance against them. Like, do they think the Lakers have actually been good?

They use every little thing they can find to bring down young players from other teams and use every little thing they can to prop up the Lakers' young players. Somehow, they find a way to bash both Tatum and Booker because of the teams they are on.

I'll ask this, do the fans of the young core on here know they're in the minority? You guys should honestly never go onto general NBA forums. If you guys are triggered by what I've been saying on here, you guys won't be able to handle what being said by guys who aren't even Laker fans. They're not all haters/trolls either.

• bfc1125roy and KidRN like this

#11597 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,770 posts

Posted November 09, 2018 - 11:01 AM

Booker is one of the most overrated players in the league, so no thanks.

Who overrates him?

You can't just declare players overrated due to your own preferences.

He's viewed as a notch above a guy like Tatum which is exactly where he should be. Nobody compares him to Harden, Oladipo, Derozan etc. He's a young player that is likely averaging higher scoring and assist numbers due to his teams lack of talent and most people see that. On a quality team, he may shoot close to 40% from three while giving you 17-20 a night. Perfect compliment to a #1 option. His D is lacking though. He'll likely be a number 2 option that can absolutely torch you if you aren't ready for him. He's not really a guy that needs to dominate the ball, he just has to right now.

Edited by KidRN, November 09, 2018 - 11:06 AM.

• GCMD, bfc1125roy, Olabebeh and 1 other like this

#11598 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,770 posts

Posted November 09, 2018 - 11:03 AM

I laugh every time a Laker homer uses a young player's team performance against them. Like, do they think the Lakers have actually been good?

They use every little thing they can find to bring down young players from other teams and use every little thing they can to prop up the Lakers' young players. Somehow, they find a way to bash both Tatum and Booker because of the teams they are on.

I'll ask this, do the fans of the young core on here know they're in the minority? You guys should honestly never go onto general NBA forums. If you guys are triggered by what I've been saying on here, you guys won't be able to handle what being said by guys who aren't even Laker fans. They're not all haters/trolls either.

Awesome post!

#11599 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,354 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted November 09, 2018 - 11:05 AM

Love Booker but would rather have Beal because he also brings defense too. Then sign Boogie if he's fully healthy 

#11600 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,770 posts

Posted November 09, 2018 - 11:09 AM

Love Booker but would rather have Beal because he also brings defense too. Then sign Boogie if he's fully healthy

I'd rather have Beal as well. I like Boogie but the team as constructed has flaws that he doesn't necessarily help to overcome.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

DanishLakerFan, Bing (3)