11755 replies to this topic

#1101 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,770 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 12, 2018 - 11:31 AM

I bet you where calling for Kobe to be traded after he airball all those threes against Utah.

lmao...so if we subtract all of their best players, then we are better? What kind of stupid argument is that?

Im pretty sure we'd be better than GS if they didn't have Klay, Curry, Draymond, and KD as well...but what is the point of this?

Why do you keep bringing up stuff from the 90's? I was alive at the time and a fan. I never liked Vlade and at no point did I ever want to trade Kobe. Stop with that nonsense.

What does that even have to do with anything? I've never even stated that we should actively pursue trades involving our current young players, so why would I have said that about Kobe? You are grasping at straws bro.

Edited by KidRN, February 12, 2018 - 11:37 AM.

#1102 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,643 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2018 - 11:43 AM

Paul George has been KILLING IT

In his last 9 games he has been averaging 29.9/4.9/3.4 Per Game on 49.7/47.5/77.5 Shooting Splits and 64.6% True Shooting. To go along with that he has averaged 2.7 Steals a game. He has hit at least 4 threes in 7 out of 9 games, and at least 2 Steals in 8/9 Games.

#1103 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,373 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 12, 2018 - 11:48 AM

Whose taking what overboard? Saying that PG+this team is better than OKC isn't exactly a crazy hot take. 

nuff said

Read this sentence over a couple more times and maybe you will snap out of it lol

The optimism is fine but you guys take it overboard

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1104 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 12, 2018 - 11:50 AM

This all is hogwash just airing opinions that can’t be proven if you disagree with another’s do it respectfully! This is Laker Nation not Thunder land!

#1105 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 11:50 AM

PS Keep the Faith brah!

#1106 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,119 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 12, 2018 - 12:02 PM

lmao...so if we subtract all of their best players, then we are better? What kind of stupid argument is that?

Im pretty sure we'd be better than GS if they didn't have Klay, Curry, Draymond, and KD as well...but what is the point of this?

Why do you keep bringing up stuff from the 90's? I was alive at the time and a fan. I never liked Vlade and at no point did I ever want to trade Kobe. Stop with that nonsense.

What does that even have to do with anything? I've never even stated that we should actively pursue trades involving our current young players, so why would I have said that about Kobe? You are grasping at straws bro.

holly [expletive] you are retarded. Twist and turn my words
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#1107 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,770 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 12, 2018 - 12:03 PM

holly [expletive] you are retarded. Twist and turn my words

Do you have an actual opinion or argument?

If not then I have nothing else to say to you. Throwing out tons of insults just shows that you can't form an actual argument dude.

Edited by KidRN, February 12, 2018 - 12:07 PM.

#1108 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,643 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2018 - 12:07 PM

Paul George is shooting better on 3s than Curry and Curry has only shot 1 more 3 on the season!!!

Paul George is 176/411

Curry is 172/412

Edited by bfc1125roy, February 12, 2018 - 12:10 PM.

• UKUGA, Rekal and Adam like this

#1109 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,408 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 12, 2018 - 12:24 PM

Whose taking what overboard? Saying that PG+this team is better than OKC isn't exactly a crazy hot take. 

I disagree.  Stars win in the NBA.  You may have faith in our young group but so do I.  Saying that means we have to believe they will be better than Westbrook, Melo and Adams is flawed.  Westbrook had an MVP season last year, is in his prime and is easily a top 5-10 player in the NBA.  NO ONE on this team fits that.

IMHO, RW/PG13 are one of the best duos in the NBA as scorers AND defenders.  Adams and Roberson are better defenders than we have at their positions.  The only thing I think OKC needs to do is trade Melo...Melo is still good enough to get something that makes sense and if PG13 buys into that, OKC is and will be far better than the Lakers are and will be next year.

If you subtract PG13 from OKC, obviously they aren't going to be as good as they are now...that's common sense.  But OKC with PG13 right now has a better chance of getting out of the 1st rnd than the Lakers if we had PG13.  Don't forget that Westbrook single handedly took OKC to the playoffs last year...not 2 or 3 years ago.

I understand believing in our young talent but that's not the same as considering equal in value or production to Russell Westbrook and OKC.  Luke is doing a great job with what he has to work with so we have reason to hope.  I'm just not ready to anoint any of our young guys as more than potential stars until they earn it.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#1110 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 05:07 PM

Boy oh boy this never ends; you won’t convince others of your views by opposing all other points of view. Couple that with no way to prove either it’s pointless. Adjourn

#1111 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,408 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 12, 2018 - 05:15 PM

Boy oh boy this never ends; you won’t convince others of your views by opposing all other points of view. Couple that with no way to prove either it’s pointless. Adjourn

The idea of a message board is pointless if we can't have civil conversations, discussing each others POV, no?

I don't think less of anyone who doesn't agree with me.  They have a right to their own opinion.

Edited by GCMD, February 12, 2018 - 05:16 PM.

• FranklinPeanuts and LACAS like this

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#1112 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,228 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 12, 2018 - 05:30 PM

I totally think less of anyone who doesn't agree with me ;)

Edited by LACAS, February 12, 2018 - 05:38 PM.

• GCMD and Rekal like this

#1113 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 07:57 PM

LOL

#1114 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 08:03 PM

Btw a one player doesn’t give you a chip it’s a team thing

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, February 12, 2018 - 08:04 PM.

#1115 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,150 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 08:04 PM

But that said it can help effect the wins total.

#1116 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,228 posts

Posted February 13, 2018 - 06:06 AM

I don't give a damn what ya'll think, just get me PG!

#1117 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,373 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 13, 2018 - 07:43 AM

Yes stars win in the NBA.  How many of those stars you speak of ACTUALLY win? Generational players are the only ones that stand strong.  That next tier flip flops every year or so.  I have faith in at least Lonzo and Kuz becoming all star players.  Add PG to that mix going forward is a perfect storm. 

As much as I like Westbrook, no team with him as their foundation is going far.  Questionable bball IQ at times, terrible defender.  Great competitor though.

I disagree.  Stars win in the NBA.  You may have faith in our young group but so do I.  Saying that means we have to believe they will be better than Westbrook, Melo and Adams is flawed.  Westbrook had an MVP season last year, is in his prime and is easily a top 5-10 player in the NBA.  NO ONE on this team fits that.

IMHO, RW/PG13 are one of the best duos in the NBA as scorers AND defenders.  Adams and Roberson are better defenders than we have at their positions.  The only thing I think OKC needs to do is trade Melo...Melo is still good enough to get something that makes sense and if PG13 buys into that, OKC is and will be far better than the Lakers are and will be next year.

If you subtract PG13 from OKC, obviously they aren't going to be as good as they are now...that's common sense.  But OKC with PG13 right now has a better chance of getting out of the 1st rnd than the Lakers if we had PG13.  Don't forget that Westbrook single handedly took OKC to the playoffs last year...not 2 or 3 years ago.

I understand believing in our young talent but that's not the same as considering equal in value or production to Russell Westbrook and OKC.  Luke is doing a great job with what he has to work with so we have reason to hope.  I'm just not ready to anoint any of our young guys as more than potential stars until they earn it.

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1118 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,228 posts

Posted February 13, 2018 - 08:24 AM

I have faith in at least Lonzo and Kuz becoming all star players.  Add PG to that mix going forward is a perfect storm. 

As much as I like Westbrook, no team with him as their foundation is going far.  Questionable bball IQ at times, terrible defender.  Great competitor though.

Agreed.

Agreed.

• DanishLakerFan likes this

#1119 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 28,575 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 13, 2018 - 08:57 AM

Sources: The Rockets plan to release guard Troy Williams to create roster space for Joe Johnson signing. Williams is expected to receive interest as free agent.

Lakers should try and get this guy for the remainder of the season. Could be a possible resign.

#1120 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,119 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 13, 2018 - 10:20 AM

I don't give a damn what ya'll think, just get me PG!

WORD!!
  • LACAS likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (4)