#9541 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,430 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2018 - 01:54 PM

Not good

Updated odds on which team Kawhi Leonard will play for next season (@betmybookie):

Raptors EVEN
Spurs +400
Lakers +500
Clippers +600
76ers +800
Celtics +800
Bucks +1000
Knicks +1500
Cavaliers +2000
Rockets +2000
Nets +2500
Field +500

#9542 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,045 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 12, 2018 - 02:02 PM

I don't know why Kawhi keeps getting talked about when it's pretty damn obvious the Spurs aren't trading him right now and that LA is moving on to keep building.  Like I said, when these guys are playing well and winning games don't try to walk it back.  NOT trading for Paul George was a good thing.  It ensure everyone they have is here on the team today, kept money open for different moves and the roster will probably be more balanced.  

No Im not saying any of these guys are better than Kawhi or that it's a for sure bet not trading for him for a good deal is the better option.  All Im saying is LA can very well have just as good a team with Lebron/Ball/Kuz/Ingram and other current/future pieces just as good as one with Lebron/Kawhi and fill ins.  The former guarantees they can add to the pot, the latter maxes them out on those 2 with little to no flexibility going forward.  I also think Brandon Ingram and Lonzo are future perennial all stars.  Feel free to flame me up and call me the new Majesty. 

• Adam likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#9543 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,786 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 12, 2018 - 02:14 PM

Toronto has. Few hidden gem players but we don’t need that right now imo. Patience is a Virtue SASHas put out false trade rumors with Phil n Boston to hasten Laker trade didn’t work, time is in our side yes it is?

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, July 12, 2018 - 02:42 PM.

#9544 Darth N1ck

Darth N1ck

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 12, 2018 - 03:50 PM

Lmao I hope he gets traded to the Raptors (if we don't trade for him) - they'll prove they are more than a joke franchise. There is absolutely no reason why he would resign with them.

#9545 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:01 PM

If KL is traded to TOR it will guarantee us his arrival next summer, that Cali boy isnt staying in TOR.

• LakerGeezer likes this

#9546 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,045 posts

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:08 PM

Im not so sure.  That's contingent on a few things.  The main one being how Brandon Ingram performs.  If Ingram breaks out they aren't going to give a max deal and displace Ingram even if Kawhi is still the better player.  They'll bet on the age factor and use that money and roster spot elsewhere.  Klay Thompson maybe? That's not to say they'll blatantly turn down Kawhi but I dont think Kawhi would be looking to walk into a situation where a guy is already established himself.  BI isnt established today, but after this season it's very well that he's cemented himself as the guy next to Lebron. 

Lebron gives the ability to compete today and 2 young players like Ball/Ingram give them high level youngsters that will be here for the next 7-8 years.  Kawhi and Lebron are on the same timeline.  Which is why I dont believe they'd flip them for Kawhi.  

The Kobe late years showed them that putting all your eggs in one run is not something that's sustainable.  

If KL is traded to TOR it will guarantee us his arrival next summer, that Cali boy isnt staying in TOR.

Edited by Jody Smokes, July 12, 2018 - 04:17 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#9547 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:14 PM

Im not so sure.  That's contingent on a few things.  The main one being how Brandon Ingram performs.  If Ingram breaks out they aren't going to give a max deal and displace Ingram even if Kawhi is still the better player.  They'll bet on the age factor and use that money and roster spot elsewhere.  Klay Thompson maybe?  

Lebron gives the ability to compete today and 2 young players like Ball/Ingram give them high level youngsters that will be here for the next 7-8 years.  Kawhi and Lebron are on the same timeline.  Which is why I dont believe they'd flip them for Kawhi.  

The Kobe late years showed them that putting all your eggs in one run is not something that's sustainable.  

I dont think Klay is going anywhere, from everything I have heard he loves the franchise and the Bay area...

If Ingram has a huge year, Im not sure I would want to trade him either, BTW whats your definition of "break out"? I think we're all hoping all the kids pan out...

BTW KL is only 27, he's 5 years younger than Bron, if we did trade for him he can roll with us for 7 years as well...

Regarding Kobe, I wasn't happy with that contract then but I understood why they did it...

Edited by LACAS, July 12, 2018 - 04:26 PM.

#9548 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:19 PM

Obviously and ideally it benefits us all that the kids meet and surpass expectations, Im a fan of homegrown talent!

Edited by LACAS, July 12, 2018 - 04:23 PM.

#9549 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,045 posts

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:28 PM

How many star players last deep into their 30s? Cats being elite at 32-33 is an aberration.  Ball/Ingram learning and getting better under Lebron and with him gives them a future after Lebron gets done.  In 4 years Ball/Ingram will be 24-25 years old.  Kawhi will be 31-32.  His timeline is with Lebron's.  

I dont think Klay is going anywhere, from everything I have heard he loves the franchise and the Bay area...

If Ingram has a huge year, Im not sure I would want to trade him either... I think we're all hoping all the kids pan out...

BTW KL is only 27, he's 5 years younger than Bron, if we did trade for him he can roll with us for 7 years as well...

Regarding Kobe, I wasn't happy with that contract then but I understood why they did it...

#9550 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,491 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:35 PM

Straight up?  Ingram for Kawhi?  Yes, make that trade.

Agreed. Thing is, I think Spurs are asking for much more.

We've waited all these years and now we have the best player in the league and are a playoff team. I think we can wait another year, and in the meantime, enjoy some great basketball and have fun. x'D

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#9551 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,165 posts

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:41 PM

One thing that hasn’t been talked about often is how much better LeBron can make Ingram, Kuzma and Lonzo. There’s a misconception that LeBron “makes players worse” or marginalizes them...which is true for guys like Love and Bosh only in terms of numbers and aesthetics to guys who have BKREF bookmarked, but that has nothing to do with LeBron and everything to do with the amount of touches going around and prioritizing what options to maximize.

As much as we’ve all clamored (well, speaking for myself) for all those guys to work with Kobe and take from him what they can...they get to do that with LeBron ([expletive], maybe Kobe too in Kuz’s case) for the next 3-4 seasons. I’m more excited for that than I am in giving up multiple of those guys for Kawhi. Hell, even Hart looks like he’s improved and LeBron’s been watching him too.

Exciting times to be a Lakers fan...not really occupied with the negative nancy’s on here who still aren’t satisfied.

Edited by Massacre, July 12, 2018 - 04:48 PM.

• Jody Smokes likes this

#9552 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,165 posts

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:50 PM

Nwaba a UFA now...as much as I liked him, I’m afraid there’s no room for him in that backcourt. Sucks.
  • Jackson likes this

#9553 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,728 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted July 12, 2018 - 04:55 PM

@WarriorsPR
Warriors sign forward Jonas Jerebko

#9554 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,851 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 12, 2018 - 05:28 PM

Free agent sharpshooter Wayne Ellington and Miami have reached an agreement on a deal, league sources tell ESPN.

#9555 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,728 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted July 12, 2018 - 05:33 PM

@ChrisBHaynes
Sources: Wayne Ellington agreed to a one-year deal for $6.2 million.

#9556 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,786 posts

Posted July 12, 2018 - 05:50 PM

Massacre I think there’s room always need good d fenders that can shoot!

#9557 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,837 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 12, 2018 - 06:14 PM

Nwaba a UFA now...as much as I liked him, I’m afraid there’s no room for him in that backcourt. Sucks.

Damn.

#9558 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,786 posts

Posted July 12, 2018 - 06:25 PM

Damn.

not giving up are you? Keep the Faith Baby!

#9559 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,485 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 12, 2018 - 06:30 PM

Nwaba can't shoot

#9560 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,314 posts