#4261 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,515 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 13, 2018 - 04:09 PM

http://www.espn.com/...cial-media-jabs

I called this. Even tho Lonzo and Kuzma are [expletive]ing around the FO is scared other FAs might think they play too much.

#4262 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,028 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 05:09 PM

"Warriors weren't themselves."

"They drank too much weed the day before"

"Curry didn't go to toilet for a whole week."

Lmao. Revisionists.

fXlFKv8.gif

#4263 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,028 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 05:12 PM

When Rockets uncharacteristically misses 27 threes in a row, they are just a poor D'Antoni team.

When Warriors are on the blink of an elimination, they weren't themselves.

Lakers Nation on new heights. If you know what I mean.  ;)

fXlFKv8.gif

#4264 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,978 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 05:21 PM

I’m more concerned about a healthy Spurs and Celtics than I am the Rockets and to be honest, I think so are the Warriors.

Houston might’ve peaked. CP3 isn’t LeBron, and he’s injury prone at this point in his career. Randle/James/Ingram/George/Ball with Kuz/Hart/Lopez can take them in a 7 game series. That iso stuff isn’t gonna fly against that lineup. They did give us a glimpse of what it takes to beat the Warriors so credit to that defensive effort but I think that Lakers team can do it better.

#4265 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,028 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 05:32 PM

Before arguing X,Y,Z people need to sit back and assess where they belong, IMO.

Fan of a 35-win team that dreams of getting outside help to contend, should not be in any position to diss a 66-win team that played until last minute of Game 7 in WCF.

For all we know, Lebron James might pop his Achilles in preseason too. Paul George might break his same leg in half on a dunk attempt. Then most of y'all here would look dumb trying to argue the team wasn't itself.

• Nightmare likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#4266 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,523 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 14, 2018 - 03:24 AM

Before arguing X,Y,Z people need to sit back and assess where they belong, IMO.

Fan of a 35-win team that dreams of getting outside help to contend, should not be in any position to diss a 66-win team that played until last minute of Game 7 in WCF.

For all we know, Lebron James might pop his Achilles in preseason too. Paul George might break his same leg in half on a dunk attempt. Then most of y'all here would look dumb trying to argue the team wasn't itself.

I think most people are suggesting that HOU was a good team but they aren't better than the Warriors.  Were they the best matchup for the Warriors?  Yes.  I think that was what we saw in the playoffs.

IMHO, SAC Kings under Adelman was a better TEAM than the Lakers during the first 3-peat and was one of the WORST matchups for us but we had Kobe, Shaq and Phil.  If any of them weren't there, SAC wins at least 1 Ch'ip in the early 2000's...same thing with HOU/GSW...if CP3 was healthy for even the 2nd half of Game 7, we may be talking about a potential HOU Dynasty, not GSW's dominance.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#4267 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,515 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 14, 2018 - 05:56 AM

Even though there are MJ drinks I would seriously doubt they consumed any; much less too much! These type debates have no certain answer as it’s all opinion based but ‘‘tis the season...

#4268 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,207 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 14, 2018 - 07:55 AM

http://www.espn.com/...cial-media-jabs

I called this. Even tho Lonzo and Kuzma are [expletive]ing around the FO is scared other FAs might think they play too much.

I imagine this stems from the fact the media has created a huge deal out of this. Anyone that has watched ESPN over the last few days see people saying Lonzo went too far talking about Kuzma's dad. No, they just don't understand the culture. This in no way hurts us with FAs because it's already baked into the cake that we are a young team that acts immature off the court. Most of our players are 23 and younger, every FA knows the locker room is going to be goofy and full of jokes. This article is actually written by one of the biggest people in the media that has completely overblown the situation. I believe Dan Le Batard said it best, insults are the intimacy of men, which is why most of the people acting like this was a serious no-no are women. Kuzma's feelings were not hurt, and if they were he should stop dishing it out then to be completely honest because he's the biggest roaster on this team lol

I would have a problem if he took time off during the season to make this. However, it has recently came out that Lonzo couldn't even do basketball drills for the last few weeks because of his knee. Moreover, the one thing you can't come at Lonzo for is his own court IQ, so clearly this is not a reflection on that in anyway. Old media heads are upset by this and I couldn't give two craps about their opinions. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 14, 2018 - 08:00 AM.

• lakerfan98 likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4269 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,869 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 14, 2018 - 08:04 AM

I still dont even understand why you're arguing against building the best possible team this offseason.  If you dont like Lebron James thats cool but acting like signing him even at 33 years old is a bad thing from a BASKETBALL perspective is stupid. 

When Rockets uncharacteristically misses 27 threes in a row, they are just a poor D'Antoni team.

When Warriors are on the blink of an elimination, they weren't themselves.

Lakers Nation on new heights. If you know what I mean.  ;)

• GCMD, bfc1125roy and lakerfan98 like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4270 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,869 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 14, 2018 - 08:06 AM

Couple of months ago I was trippin on Lebron signing here b/c I was stuck on the young guys and a new generation.  After watching the playoffs I want this team in the mix fareal next season.  Lebron is the best pathway there.  I trust that the front office isnt going to do anything stupid after how they've been.  If they feel Lebron is the best avenue back to greatness Im all in. If you're a fan of the team so should you.  

• GCMD and Nightmare like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4271 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,295 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 14, 2018 - 10:54 AM

LeBron plays like he did last season we barely nake the playoffs. His lack of Defense is worst than Harden at his worst.

#4272 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 313 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted June 14, 2018 - 11:41 AM

His defense isn’t any suspect and the more important thing is that he can still it on when he needs to. Our system is better when we can switch in everyone and if you have a line up of ball/Ingram/George/LeBron/Randle LeBron can sag a little if he needs a break.

LeBron plays like he did last season we barely nake the playoffs. His lack of Defense is worst than Harden at his worst.

#4273 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,500 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted June 14, 2018 - 11:43 AM

While his defensive performance has declined, I think it's been widely overblown.  While individual defense is important, it's not nearly what it was before.  It's no longer a iso-heavy league.  Defending and being capable of switching off pick-and-rolls is what is key and the Cavs just couldn't do that.  

The Cavaliers in general were just simply a terrible defensive team as a whole with absolutely no effort and desire on that end of the floor.  The only way Lebron could have carried that team and performed that well on the offensive end was to take a step back defensively and that's exactly what he did.

Bottom line is it's an offensive driven league now and with that being the case, Lebron easily places any team he joins into the top 5 in that category in my opinion due to output.  Defense is still important but after watching the Rockets and Warriors series go to 7, it's clear that offensive schemes, dictating overall tempo, and rebounding have taken over the game.

If Lebron plays like he did last season alongside this Laker core with Paul George, they're easily a top 3 team in the West and likely make it to the WCF against the Warriors.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, June 14, 2018 - 11:43 AM.

• GCMD, Nightmare and LACAS like this

#4274 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,340 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 14, 2018 - 11:44 AM

Some talk of Lonzo + assets for Lillard going around. Nothing from very reliable sources though. I'm not sure how much info can even be put out this early because teams could get in trouble for tampering. Basically its all going to come from non FO people who are usually not very reliable. 

• bfc1125roy likes this

#4275 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 313 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted June 14, 2018 - 11:44 AM

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t know why someone wouldn’t want LeBron on the Lakers, especially since we can sign him as a free agent —> meaning we don’t have to give any assets up to sign up. We’re only adding to our core. Short an injury, we can expect him to play at a high level for at least another two to three years. Guess how long his contract probably is? 3. It’ll be a 2+1. LeBron wants to play until he’s 40. So maybe he plays out all three years with us (not the worst thing to happen) or he’ll opt out after two years and resign.

#4276 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,500 posts

Posted June 14, 2018 - 11:50 AM

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t know why someone wouldn’t want LeBron on the Lakers, especially since we can sign him as a free agent —> meaning we don’t have to give any assets up to sign up. We’re only adding to our core. Short an injury, we can expect him to play at a high level for at least another two to three years. Guess how long his contract probably is? 3. It’ll be a 2+1. LeBron wants to play until he’s 40. So maybe he plays out all three years with us (not the worst thing to happen) or he’ll opt out after two years and resign.

I think it's simple.

1) Afraid that he may overthrow the history and legacy of previous Laker stars such as Kobe.  (Which in my opinion won't ever happen considering there's no way he brings 4-5 rings to LA).

2) Fear of blowing up the young core in order to obtain another Star player.  (I've been on edge about this one.  I'm willing to let 1 piece go, but would prefer keeping them all to maintain flexibility and hold onto potential)

3)They're simply Lebron haters.  

Bottom-line is if you can acquire the best player in the game without giving up a single asset, you do so in a heartbeat...

• GCMD and lakerfan98 like this

#4277 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,500 posts

Posted June 14, 2018 - 11:52 AM

Some talk of Lonzo + assets for Lillard going around. Nothing from very reliable sources though. I'm not sure how much info can even be put out this early because teams could get in trouble for tampering. Basically its all going to come from non FO people who are usually not very reliable. 

Not gonna buy it.

Reasons why are...

A) Any headline with the name Lonzo attached to it will get clicks.  The media loves inserting the Ball's into headlines to stir controversy and profit.

B) Lilard's name has literally come up in trade talks for the past 3-4 seasons now.  Every year during the deadline, his name is always atop the list yet nothing ever happens.

• GCMD and LACAS like this

#4278 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,207 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted June 14, 2018 - 12:05 PM

While his defensive performance has declined, I think it's been widely overblown.  While individual defense is important, it's not nearly what it was before.  It's no longer a iso-heavy league.  Defending and being capable of switching off pick-and-rolls is what is key and the Cavs just couldn't do that.  

The Cavaliers in general were just simply a terrible defensive team as a whole with absolutely no effort and desire on that end of the floor.  The only way Lebron could have carried that team and performed that well on the offensive end was to take a step back defensively and that's exactly what he did.

Bottom line is it's an offensive driven league now and with that being the case, Lebron easily places any team he joins into the top 5 in that category in my opinion due to output.  Defense is still important but after watching the Rockets and Warriors series go to 7, it's clear that offensive schemes, dictating overall tempo, and rebounding have taken over the game.

If Lebron plays like he did last season alongside this Laker core with Paul George, they're easily a top 3 team in the West and likely make it to the WCF against the Warriors.

He takes quarters off on defense at times. However, this has to do with the fact that he single handily had to carry the offense. If he gets help on the other end of the floor his defense intensity will pick up. Saving his legs for offense because he literally trusted no one on that Cavs team. 

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4279 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,340 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 14, 2018 - 12:08 PM

Not gonna buy it.

Reasons why are...

A) Any headline with the name Lonzo attached to it will get clicks.  The media loves inserting the Ball's into headlines to stir controversy and profit.

B) Lilard's name has literally come up in trade talks for the past 3-4 seasons now.  Every year during the deadline, his name is always atop the list yet nothing ever happens.

I agree its probably not true. It comes from this guy whos on a rockets forum called CyberX who has revealed a few true things in the past but he's should never be taken as a real insider.

#4280 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,523 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 14, 2018 - 01:38 PM

Who here thinks any of our young crew are better defenders than LeBron?

Exactly...stop it.

tenor.gif

29 user(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users

Jody Smokes, bigfetz, lakerRealist, FranklinPeanuts, Clutch Factor, LakeShow1o1