LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 12, 2018 - 11:37 PM

Realistically,

what are the chances for Lebron + George + Young Core against Warriors and Rockets in next two seasons?

Season record

Playoffs

Curious what people think.

It's to difficult to gauge because we have so many young pieces and it's hard to tell how much production they can provide.

As a fan of the idea, I think we'd be quite successful.  If Lebron can do what he did with those spare pieces in Cleveland, I think he'd atleast help lead these youngsters to a 6-7 game series against both Rockets and the Warriors.

Ball 

George
Ingram
Lebron 

Randle 

That lineup is just so versatile on both ends it would be very entertaining to watch.  Ball and Ingram would have to become dependable shooters though.  

#4242 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 13, 2018 - 12:40 AM

It's to difficult to gauge because we have so many young pieces and it's hard to tell how much production they can provide.

As a fan of the idea, I think we'd be quite successful.  If Lebron can do what he did with those spare pieces in Cleveland, I think he'd atleast help lead these youngsters to a 6-7 game series against both Rockets and the Warriors.

Ball 

George
Ingram
Lebron 

Randle 

That lineup is just so versatile on both ends it would be very entertaining to watch.  Ball and Ingram would have to become dependable shooters though.  

Lonzo is pretty good playing off the ball, pretty good as a spot-up shooter, excellent at cutting and is an elite defender at the 1, so i'm not the least bit worried about him. I'm more worried about Ingram, but he's been tweaking the mechanics on his his shot and have improved a lot from yr1 to yr2 so i would imagine he's going to be taking more shots this next season - perhaps at a slightly reduced %. Interested in seeing how he would fit with Lebron and George. Could see him get a reduced role among the other starters, but i wouldn't be surprised if they staggered his minutes a bit and made him one of the primary ball-handlers with the 2nd unit.

#4243 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted June 13, 2018 - 02:55 AM

Hey, you still brought it to all our attention so props for that

Well its not mine. Sorry probably should have clarified that. Found it on reddit.

#4244 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,262 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 13, 2018 - 07:06 AM

The Rockets? LOL.  Warriors would be the only challenge IMO.

Realistically,

what are the chances for Lebron + George + Young Core against Warriors and Rockets in next two seasons?

Season record

Playoffs

Curious what people think.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4245 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,985 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 13, 2018 - 07:19 AM

Rockets have their own issues Ariza leaving for GSW very very possible, CP3 going where Bron goes also possible, this is all hypothetical rather discuss after the deals are done only a few weeks stay safe! Teach everybody to swim save a life!

#4246 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,262 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 08:15 AM

Even if he stays Ariza isn't that big of a game changer going forward.  The Rockets went all in on role players and with CP3 only getting older and Capela will no longer be cheap they have to hope this team doesn't regress at all.  I personally just think they were a really good team but not exactly dominant. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4247 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,012 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 13, 2018 - 08:18 AM

The Rockets? LOL.  Warriors would be the only challenge IMO.

I'm of the same boat. I think the only reason the Rockets are being brought up is because they nearly beat the Warriors. However, the Warriors just never seemed themselves these Playoffs. 

If we somehow got LeBron and PG, I wouldn't worry one bit of the Rockets. 

• LACAS likes this

#4248 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,985 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 08:22 AM

Nah not worried about a MDA team period Warriors were a touch out of sync but that’s history now! Lakers can be top tier with all the correct plays O have faith in Rob and Magic “Doin the Right Thang”

#4249 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,345 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 09:09 AM

Not worried about Rockets? That is the stupidiest thing I have heard recently.

They took Warriors to 7 games that swept Lebron's team.

Sheesh.

Capela and Harden alone would own Lebron.

fXlFKv8.gif

#4250 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted June 13, 2018 - 09:59 AM

The rockets missed 27 threes in a row. They lost by nine points. Harden also didn’t get three theee and four point plays called even though they were clearly falls. The one where Thompson got his fourth foul could have been a big momentum changer. Oh and that moving screen my Jordan bell. How the ^*#+#*}*= do you miss that? I mean it happened right in front of your face ref??!!!

The warriors didn’t win that series. The rockets lost it. If that makes sense...

Sheesh.

#4251 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 13, 2018 - 10:23 AM

The warriors didn’t win that series. The rockets lost it. If that makes sense...

I agree somewhat and it would have been nice to see CP3 in the final two games.

Westbrook doesn't think it makes sense.

#4252 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,262 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 10:50 AM

The Warriors played like [expletive] the whole series and still won.  It's funny how you got guys on here not wanting Lebron due to age but want CP3 and think somehow his level of play is going to last.  Dude hasn't been healthy in the playoffs for 3-4 years now.

#4253 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,012 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 11:26 AM

Sheesh.

Again, anyone that watched the series knew the Warriors weren't themselves. They've been inconsistent the entire Playoffs. Maybe Curry missing the end of the season and the 1st round and then having to adjust back has to do with it -- not sure.

It's funny you mention that as the "the stupidest thing"  you heard recently. You've earned that award yourself from all your recent posts. 

• Nightmare and Jody Smokes like this

#4254 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,848 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted June 13, 2018 - 11:31 AM

Woj had an article today saying how Kawahi is due to talk to Popovich very soon -- and he could easily demand a trade this summer. Going to be an interesting free agency.

#4255 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,012 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 11:37 AM

Woj had an article today saying how Kawahi is due to talk to Popovich very soon -- and he could easily demand a trade this summer. Going to be an interesting free agency.

I think the meeting will just be talks about the Spurs offering him a supermax and Kawhi agreeing. 

Apparently the Spurs turned down an offer by the Celtics at the February deadline (I wonder what the offer was). Lakers and 76ers are interested in him. 

If we somehow traded for Kawhi before free agency, I think that guarantees LeBron + PG. 

#4256 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,282 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 13, 2018 - 11:55 AM

Just saw LaMarcus Aldridge entering Disneyland...
  • bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#4257 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,205 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted June 13, 2018 - 12:45 PM

D'Antoni, Harden, Rockets - all choke or fade when the moment gets big.

Not concerned about them whatsoever.

As much as I despise the Warriors and pretty much all of their players, you have to respect them.  They're the champs, that's who you are concerned about, nobody else (outside of your own team).

• Jody Smokes likes this

#4258 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,985 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 02:02 PM

Wow Tensai “2” players would best one hmm let me think uhhh yes of course but Rockets don’t have team character you’ll see no chips; btw Curry was still injured and yes CP3 didn’t play but that’s life!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, June 13, 2018 - 02:05 PM.

#4259 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,985 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 02:04 PM

And Tensai if you quote me please do it accurately I said MDA team and hold to that point!

#4260 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,282 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 03:33 PM

Just saw Dwight Howard at Radiator Springs...

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)