#3521 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,971 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted May 23, 2018 - 07:16 PM

This is Phoenix we're talking about!  LOL.  pick.

I think we all agree that Ingram/Kuz for Kawhi is a good trade, no?

LOL true.

And to answer your question here is a quote of mine from April 6th:

"I don't diagree this is why if you can land studs while they're still young, you do it! For example: PG is only 27 and if available Kawhi is only 26 and thats how you build to compete now and for the next 4-5 years.

That said IF Kawhi is available, it would hurt but I would consider moving a few kids to make this happen. "

Edited by LACAS, May 23, 2018 - 07:17 PM.

• GCMD likes this

#3522 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,690 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 23, 2018 - 07:39 PM

LOL true.

And to answer your question here is a quote of mine from April 6th:

"I don't diagree this is why if you can land studs while they're still young, you do it! For example: PG is only 27 and if available Kawhi is only 26 and thats how you build to compete now and for the next 4-5 years.

That said IF Kawhi is available, it would hurt but I would consider moving a few kids to make this happen. "

My sentiments exactly.  If we are going to build with youth, waiting only makes sense when you're sure.  The argument that "you never know" isn't fair.  Placing the future of our franchise in the hands of the unproven or young has to make sense (Embiid/Simmons).  If we are going to gamble, there is nothing wrong with increasing the odds.  Waiting on a player or players to exceed expectations is like playing the lottery for a living.

Edited by GCMD, May 23, 2018 - 07:40 PM.

• bfc1125roy and LACAS like this

tenor.gif

#3523 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,971 posts

Posted May 23, 2018 - 07:42 PM

My sentiments exactly.  If we are going to build with youth, waiting only makes sense when you're sure.  The argument that "you never know" isn't fair.  Placing the future of our franchise in the hands of the unproven or young has to make sense (Embiid/Simmons).  If we are going to gamble, there is nothing wrong with increasing the odds.  Waiting on a player or players to exceed expectations is like playing the lottery for a living.

What makes this easy for me is the fact that in addition to both being studs, PG is only 27 & Kawhi is only 26... plenty of youth in them.

• GCMD likes this

#3524 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,129 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 24, 2018 - 05:32 AM

This is Phoenix we're talking about!  LOL.  Most teams who land the #1 pick in a draft that has 3 players that could have been #1 in almost any other draft (Bagley, Doncic, Ayton) aren't even thinking about trading the pick.

If PHO is thinking about trading the #1 pick when they REALLY need talent on that roster, it's not because the players available aren't good...it's because they are a poorly run organization (IMHO)...or they think they can get Kawhi for the #1 pick.

If the Spurs traded Kawhi for the #1 pick and took Ayton, would that change your perception of him?  I think we all agree that Ingram/Kuz for Kawhi is a good trade, no?

Boggles the mind Suns HAD Kerr and David Griffin at the same time in the organization.

Whoops

• GCMD likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#3525 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,971 posts

Posted May 24, 2018 - 06:14 AM

A team with Zo-PG-Kawhi-Bron-X I think would present GS their toughest match up yet at a time where the Warriors should start to descend...

On that note, Bron looks gassed and checked out.

Edited by LACAS, May 24, 2018 - 06:16 AM.

#3526 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,067 posts

Posted May 24, 2018 - 08:24 AM

NBA Free Agent News: Julius Randle’s Agent Suggests Lakers’ Priorities Are Unclear

Heading into the 2017-18 NBA season, it appeared Julius Randle’s time with the Los Angeles Lakers was going to end via trade or free agency.

With the front office focusing on clearing enough salary cap space for two max-contract players, presumed to be LeBron James and Paul George, it figured to be difficult to re-sign Randle unless they somehow traded Luol Deng.

As Randle came off the bench to begin his fourth season, he was able to dominate backup centers. When head coach Luke Walton finally gave the 23-year-old an opportunity to start again, the Lakers played their best basketball of the season.

In 49 starts, Randle averaged 18.6 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 3.1 assists in 29.9 minutes. Although the Lakers can match any offers in Randle’s restricted free agency, there is uncertainty if he will ultimately return.

According to Tania Ganguli of L.A. Times, Randle’s agent Aaron Mintz said he and his client don’t have a clear understanding of the Lakers’ positioning:

“We still have no indication of where Julius stands among the Lakers’ priorities, or if he is a priority at all,” Randle’s agent Aaron Mintz said Saturday in response to Pelinka’s comments. “We are looking forward to the marketplace in July, when we will get a clear picture of Julius’ future.”

With the Lakers keeping their options open, general manager Rob Pelinka revealed they have kept in touch with Randle’s representatives heading into free agency:

Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka told The Times on Friday that the Lakers’ front office is constantly in touch with Julius Randle’s representatives, and there has been “a mutual exchange of interest and hoping that we can work something out for both sides.”

At this time, the Lakers and Randle have not held serious contract talks as free agency does not officially begin until July 1.

After a career season, Randle has certainly put the Lakers in a tougher position than they had anticipated. While it seemed like Randle was not going to be a part of the team’s future, Walton said he would ‘love’ him back during exit interviews.

While the team’s goals have not changed, Randle could return to Los Angeles if the Lakers are unable to sign two max contract players this offseason.

http://www.lakersnat...ear/2018/05/20/

Edited by Tensai, May 24, 2018 - 08:25 AM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#3527 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 24, 2018 - 09:09 AM

NBA Free Agent News: Julius Randle’s Agent Suggests Lakers’ Priorities Are Unclear

Heading into the 2017-18 NBA season, it appeared Julius Randle’s time with the Los Angeles Lakers was going to end via trade or free agency.

With the front office focusing on clearing enough salary cap space for two max-contract players, presumed to be LeBron James and Paul George, it figured to be difficult to re-sign Randle unless they somehow traded Luol Deng.

As Randle came off the bench to begin his fourth season, he was able to dominate backup centers. When head coach Luke Walton finally gave the 23-year-old an opportunity to start again, the Lakers played their best basketball of the season.

In 49 starts, Randle averaged 18.6 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 3.1 assists in 29.9 minutes. Although the Lakers can match any offers in Randle’s restricted free agency, there is uncertainty if he will ultimately return.

According to Tania Ganguli of L.A. Times, Randle’s agent Aaron Mintz said he and his client don’t have a clear understanding of the Lakers’ positioning:

“We still have no indication of where Julius stands among the Lakers’ priorities, or if he is a priority at all,” Randle’s agent Aaron Mintz said Saturday in response to Pelinka’s comments. “We are looking forward to the marketplace in July, when we will get a clear picture of Julius’ future.”

With the Lakers keeping their options open, general manager Rob Pelinka revealed they have kept in touch with Randle’s representatives heading into free agency:

Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka told The Times on Friday that the Lakers’ front office is constantly in touch with Julius Randle’s representatives, and there has been “a mutual exchange of interest and hoping that we can work something out for both sides.”

At this time, the Lakers and Randle have not held serious contract talks as free agency does not officially begin until July 1.

After a career season, Randle has certainly put the Lakers in a tougher position than they had anticipated. While it seemed like Randle was not going to be a part of the team’s future, Walton said he would ‘love’ him back during exit interviews.

While the team’s goals have not changed, Randle could return to Los Angeles if the Lakers are unable to sign two max contract players this offseason.

http://www.lakersnat...ear/2018/05/20/

I see Randle is going to make this tough. We just have to hope no one offers him a crazy contract before lebron and PG decide.
  • GCMD likes this

#3528 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,652 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted May 24, 2018 - 09:32 AM

Supposedly a news station in OKC has stated that PG will resign. Although it has not been said by PG himself..

According to a recent report, Paul George might already be planning to re-sign with the Thunder https://t.co/TDQHI64tAA https://t.co/fylkoXewPs

#3529 Nightmare

Nightmare

Rookie

• 50 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted May 24, 2018 - 10:07 AM

Supposedly a news station in OKC has stated that PG will resign. Although it has not been said by PG himself..

According to a recent report, Paul George might already be planning to re-sign with the Thunder https://t.co/TDQHI64tAA https://t.co/fylkoXewPs

Dean Blevins is the same guy that reported Durant was ready to sign a 5 year deal with OKC before he left for the Warriors.

https://uproxx.com/d...deal-re-sign/2/

And Draymond Green would be suspended game 4. Then blamed his tweet on hackers LOL.

https://www.thelosto...liable-sources/

Edited by Nightmare, May 24, 2018 - 10:32 AM.

• FranklinPeanuts, GCMD, LakerGeezer and 1 other like this

#3530 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,971 posts

Posted May 24, 2018 - 10:24 AM

I see Randle is going to make this tough. 

Bye Felicia!

Edited by LACAS, May 24, 2018 - 10:25 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#3531 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,971 posts

Posted May 24, 2018 - 10:25 AM

And so it begins... its not even June yet.

#3532 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,227 posts

Posted May 24, 2018 - 10:48 AM

Well I think Houston is showing what really can beat GS or at least push them

It’s not super teams. It’s having 2 stars and depth

For example. Lebron and George with a full roster.

I have no doubt that lebron and George with our full assortment of youth is as good as Houston. Especially if you bring back Lopez

Lopez/ zubac
Kuzma/ Bryant
Lebron/ Ingram
George/ hart
Lonzo/ free agent

Or some variation to me has potential to be better than Houston. Maybe I’m wrong. But I don’t see what it couldn’t. He’ll lebron alone probably make kuzma, Lopez and lonzo all better out of the gate
  • GCMD likes this
Posted Image

#3533 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,186 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 24, 2018 - 10:56 AM

Well I think Houston is showing what really can beat GS or at least push them
It’s not super teams. It’s having 2 stars and depth
For example. Lebron and George with a full roster.
I have no doubt that lebron and George with our full assortment of youth is as good as Houston. Especially if you bring back Lopez
Lopez/ zubac
Kuzma/ Bryant
Lebron/ Ingram
George/ hart
Lonzo/ free agent
Or some variation to me has potential to be better than Houston. Maybe I’m wrong. But I don’t see what it couldn’t. He’ll lebron alone probably make kuzma, Lopez and lonzo all better out of the gate

The better team wins. You guys try every crazy angle simply to support something that will never make any sense. Losing one player, is not losing all depth. You simply want to keep the young guys, you don't need to force feed everybody on this forum nonsense. Just say you want to keep them.

Trading for Kawhi in no way hurts our depth. He replaces a player that he will be far more productive than at a position that we will already be stacked. How many SF's do you need on one team?

Bron, PG, Kawhi, and Hart is more than enough to cover the 2 and 3 positions all game long while even being able to put time in at the 4.

How many more players do you want to play the same position?

The positions to worry about are the 1 and the 5.

We are talking about adding 3 SF's while losing 2...how does that ruin depth? O and Ball can play the 2 as well!

Edited by KidRN, May 24, 2018 - 11:03 AM.

#3534 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,540 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 24, 2018 - 11:31 AM

Too much impatience just let Rob n Magic fo what they were hired to do there’s no rush! We’ve made good progress especially on Defense now to’s and free throws plus 3 pointers needs work!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, May 24, 2018 - 11:32 AM.

#3535 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 24, 2018 - 12:24 PM

Paul George just made All NBA team. Doesn’t that mean OKC can offer him wayyyyy more money? Isn’t that a monkey wrench in what we’re trying to do?
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

#3536 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,529 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 24, 2018 - 12:35 PM

Paul George just made All NBA team. Doesn’t that mean OKC can offer him wayyyyy more money? Isn’t that a monkey wrench in what we’re trying to do?

I believe his eligibility for the supermax was determined last season.  He didn't make any of the All-Teams then so he isn't eligible.

#3537 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,261 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 24, 2018 - 12:39 PM

I dont belive they can offer him any more money. The way i understand the rules i think he's ineligible because he was traded after his rookie deal. If he had been traded when he was on his rookie deal and had been with the THunder since, he would be eligible.

I believe his eligibility for the supermax was determined last season.  He didn't make any of the All-Teams then so he isn't eligible.

Being selected on most recent all-nba team fullfill that criteria. But like mentioned above, he isn't eligible because he was traded.

Not really buying the rumor that he's signing with OKC.

• GCMD and LACAS like this

#3538 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,652 posts

Posted May 24, 2018 - 12:47 PM

ESPN LA stated that he missed making All NBA team again. He is it eligible for the super max, so he is only eligible for a 5 years @ 170 million from OKC and other teams can only offer 4 years @ 130 million

#3539 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,652 posts

Posted May 24, 2018 - 12:50 PM

All-NBA teams:

First: LeBron James, James Harden, Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, Kevin Durant.

Second: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Russell Westbrook, Joel Embiid, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMar DeRozan.

Third: Stephen Curry, Victor Oladipo, Karl-Anthony Towns, Jimmy Butler, Paul George

#3540 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,261 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 24, 2018 - 12:53 PM

ESPN LA stated that he missed making All NBA team again. He is it eligible for the super max, so he is only eligible for a 5 years @ 170 million from OKC and other teams can only offer 4 years @ 130 million

He's not eligible for the super max, although he does meet the performance criteria of being selected to an all-nba team in 2017-18. He's ineligible because he was traded to the Thunder.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Massacre, last stand 2.0