#3261 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,148 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted May 17, 2018 - 03:37 AM

This makes no sense, why settle for just PG? 

Who said I would settle simply with PG? You need to get the first domino in order for the rest to fall...

This "Dream Team" thing has people on edge, folks need to chill.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#3262 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,271 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 04:08 AM

Nobody has ever really recovered from an Achilles tear besides Dominique Wilkins and that’s only because he changed his entire game and became a shooter.

I mean, there’s definitely a chance Cousins could make that full recovery. But we saw Kobe go from top 3 to barely top 100. And nobody ever worked harder than him. Granted he was older, he had less weight and less stress placed on it. Cousins is a big guy. A big guy whose more athletic than he gets credit for and has a lightning quick first step that lets him blow by any center. Doubtful he gets that back. And if he doesn’t, he’s not the same player. He’s still a good shooter and the bully ball will still work, but I’m hesitant to throw big money at someone coming off one of the worst injuries in sports. Not to even start discussing the potential fit and if a high usage center is what this team needs. Some communication must be going on, though. No way that’s a coincidence.

Edited by Massacre, May 17, 2018 - 04:14 AM.

• UKUGA and LACAS like this

#3263 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 17, 2018 - 05:06 AM

Boogie isn’t the perfect player or fit. But the Lakers only have 2018 and 2019 to put together a roster that can either compete right now or grow into a contender. Beyond that (2020) Ingram will be needing a new contract, which essentially take up our entire cap so it really is these next two summers that count.

The reason why Boogie also should be on LAs list of possible targets is that the 2019 free agency class could be quite weak and there are only a couple of names that would be worth chasing – Kawhi, Butler and Klay. Some of these guys probably – likely – will already have signed extensions by that time.

So if Kawhi sign the supermax or is moved to Philly and Lebron goes to Houston – or stays – i think its hard to find a player in free agency with the upside of Boogie. Other than George, of course.

#3264 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,148 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 06:08 AM

I find it marveling how we have whiffed the past 3-4 summers and now in 1-summer we need and want Bron, PG and Kawhi, WTF? We couldnt sign one FA the past few summers but now its Bron, PG and Kawhi? WTF? It wasn't long ago people on here were ripping into Magic & Rob but now expect them to sign Bron, PG and Kawhi? WTF?

#3265 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,580 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 17, 2018 - 06:11 AM

Nobody has ever really recovered from an Achilles tear besides Dominique Wilkins and that’s only because he changed his entire game and became a shooter.

I mean, there’s definitely a chance Cousins could make that full recovery. But we saw Kobe go from top 3 to barely top 100. And nobody ever worked harder than him. Granted he was older, he had less weight and less stress placed on it. Cousins is a big guy. A big guy whose more athletic than he gets credit for and has a lightning quick first step that lets him blow by any center. Doubtful he gets that back. And if he doesn’t, he’s not the same player. He’s still a good shooter and the bully ball will still work, but I’m hesitant to throw big money at someone coming off one of the worst injuries in sports. Not to even start discussing the potential fit and if a high usage center is what this team needs. Some communication must be going on, though. No way that’s a coincidence.

There's a lot of differences between him and Kobe though (and Wilkins for that matter). Age is a huge one, along with him being a big man and relying less on athleticism than a guard. Having a guy like that can give teams like the Warriors and Rockets problems down low - and that's what we need to be thinking about when we design this tea.

Of course nobody knows how good he will be after. I wouldn't sign him for anywhere near max money without putting him through a workout first. Or he can take a discount. The IG thing is interesting though... Dennis Schroder did the same thing and was then quoted in a German newspaper saying he didn't want to play with the Hawks. 

#3266 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,148 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 06:20 AM

I wonder if Boogie would accept a 1-year deal? I've always been a fan of his game not of his attitude.

On the Kawhi front I highly doubt it, near 0% that Pop deals arguably the best 2-way player & the face of their franchise to the Lakers... lets be real. In addition there are a few other teams that can put together a better package and who don't play in the same conference.

Edited by LACAS, May 17, 2018 - 06:26 AM.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#3267 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 06:54 AM

I find it marveling how we have whiffed the past 3-4 summers and now in 1-summer we need and want Bron, PG and Kawhi, WTF? We couldnt sign one FA the past few summers but now its Bron, PG and Kawhi? WTF? It wasn't long ago people on here were ripping into Magic & Rob but now expect them to sign Bron, PG and Kawhi? WTF?

The only way to sign the big names in free agency is if you can convince them that they’re joining a contending team. Plus money. And market.

In 13, 14 and 15 the Lakers weren’t an attractive destination due to Jeanie giving Kobe that insane extension, so they didn’t have the money to make a real power play. In 16 was the year of the cap spike which Mitch and Jim misread and made the panicky Deng and Mozzy fiascos, which still is problematic.

Right now we check all the boxes to be a prime destiantion with 3-4 blue chip assets. Max spending power, big market, good coach, solid ownership etc.

• GCMD likes this

#3268 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,258 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 17, 2018 - 06:55 AM

Is getting PG, Kawhi and Lebron even realistic or is this just something people keep repeating b/c it sounds good?

• Tensai likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#3269 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,148 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 07:04 AM

The only way to sign the big names in free agency is if you can convince them that they’re joining a contending team. Plus money. And market.

In 13, 14 and 15 the Lakers weren’t an attractive destination due to Jeanie giving Kobe that insane extension, so they didn’t have the money to make a real power play. In 16 was the year of the cap spike which Mitch and Jim misread and made the panicky Deng and Mozzy fiascos, which still is problematic.

Right now we check all the boxes to be a prime destiantion with 3-4 blue chip assets. Max spending power, big market, good coach, solid ownership etc.

Oh I get it but thinking and expecting Bron, PG and Kawhi all in 1 summer sounds crazy... in addition just a few months ago many on here were bashing Magic and Rob but now expect them to turn this into the biggest summer in Laker history by getting Bron, PG and Kawhi? It seems like the feeling around here is if we only get PG it will be a disappointment and a failed summer. 

#3270 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,148 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 07:06 AM

Is getting PG, Kawhi and Lebron even realistic or is this just something people keep repeating b/c it sounds good?

I mean anything is possible but its not likely...

IMO PG is very likely, Bron is a possibility and Kawhi in not very likely.

#3271 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,985 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 17, 2018 - 07:13 AM

Perhaps you’re forgetting DMC’s Achilles injury which some don’t recover from least of all larger players. There are other options than just popular names!

#3272 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,985 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 07:14 AM

Keep the Faith. baby!

#3273 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,660 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 17, 2018 - 07:47 AM

I expect us to miss out on all of them.
  • Nightmare and LACAS like this

#3274 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,985 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 09:08 AM

Ok you don’t trade for Kawhi Pop and company would want the moon esp trading to the Lakers he’d have to face him four times a year just regular season! He’d want to cripple us to being a OKC type team a few stars and. That’s it!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, May 17, 2018 - 09:08 AM.

#3275 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 09:50 AM

I mean anything is possible but its not likely...

IMO PG is very likely, Bron is a possibility and Kawhi in not very likely.

I think we get both Lebron and George. Not sure about Kawhi though, because he'd basically have to force his way to LA.

The logic is simple: Cavs and OKC aren't winning anything and teaming up in LA with a team that already is quite balanced would allow them to compete both in the short and long term, by having young guys that are productive right now who can be traded, if need be.

Lonzo - George - Ingram - Lebron - Randle with Hart - Kuzma - Lopez is going to be in just as good a position to beat the Warriors as the current Houston Rockets.

• LACAS likes this

#3276 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,148 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 10:23 AM

I expect us to miss out on all of them.

I expect there is a chance you could be right.

#3277 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,148 posts

Posted May 17, 2018 - 10:26 AM

I think we get both Lebron and George. Not sure about Kawhi though, because he'd basically have to force his way to LA.

Lonzo - George - Ingram - Lebron - Randle with Hart - Kuzma - Lopez is going to be in just as good a position to beat the Warriors as the current Houston Rockets.

I believe this to be near our best case scenario, I know some in here will continue to say Bron isnt coming to play with simply PG and kids but he might and this might be the best we can do this summer.

#3278 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,385 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted May 17, 2018 - 10:32 AM

I don't think getting any of the max guys is actually likely. But, putting together the best team possible is the way to get them if it actually happens. So, the Lakers should try to put that team together or any possible combination of the 2. Some fans actually don't want that and want Paul George by himself. That is actually even more unrealistic than the other options because I don't think any max free agent would want to go to the Lakers as they are.

#3279 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,787 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 17, 2018 - 10:35 AM

#LakeShow could pass on LeBron for Kawhi?

https://t.co/yyVSG3JAql

#3280 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,258 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 17, 2018 - 11:28 AM

The premise of this doesnt even make sense.  Let's pass on a top 3 player of all time for a guy that has never been the best player in the NBA and probably won't be?  I think these type of articles are going to be pumped out a lot over the next few weeks.  People need the clicks I guess. 

#LakeShow could pass on LeBron for Kawhi?

https://t.co/yyVSG3JAql

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)