Photo

What is up with our record and team recently?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,372 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2018 - 01:08 AM

This is what I expected coming in. Doesn’t bother me, I’ve gone numb to it. It seems like forever since we were relevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this is me too!

• Rekal likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#22 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 237 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 05, 2018 - 07:10 PM

Unless Magic does have some kind of fairy dust he can sprinkle on the league, it's all about developing youth now. This current bunch will determine how fast the franchise can become an attractive destination for the best FA's available. It's a long process but, when the young Lakers play hard, they've put on some encouraging exhibitions this season. Lonzo, Kuz, BI, Randall, Clarkson, Hart, Nance... that's actually a pretty nice collection of young talent acquired in just a few years, but no one who's going to show up and turn the Lakers into contenders immediately. How often does that happen anyway? They face an enormous amount of talent in the NBA, including other teams with lots of young up-and-coming stars. It's a grind, and losing is no surprise at all.

So it's a new age for Laker fans. The reality is the franchise has to scratch their way up from the bottom. For those who find the process too painful, or fear the possibility of failure, it's best to find another hobby. Just wait until the Lakers are back competing for championships. No telling how long it will take. I'm going along for the bumpy ride. It's been pretty entertaining this season so far.

#23 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,052 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted January 05, 2018 - 08:32 PM

It's been one year and still cleaning out the bad culture of the last regime. I give them a second year and a summer with money to convince someone to sign before I judge completely.
I tried to be blindly optimistic, saying this team may win 29 games, but there's simply no way in any version of Earth that's going to happen. If they pull 25 wins, it'll be a shock.
As long as this team continues to rely on young players, they'll go nowhere. Welcome to what I called a while ago, the lottery rabbit hole. Few teams ever get out of this. If they ever do, which is rare, its typically decades before they become anything of note. (i.e. - Golden State) I'm not willing to wait 30 years until the Lakers win something again. I've watched no games this year (aside from being monumentally busy with my businesses and bigger things) because I have no desire to watch development hell. I'm not a fan, in any way, of young teams. Unless a team gets a once in a generation kind of player, they don't win rings developing their young talent alone (again unless its decades and lots of luck later).
I saw this terrible run coming, this futile dependency on kids to turn the franchise around, and until they right that thinking my interest wanes.

100% agree. Its hilarious to me that people on this forum are still content with this young player development nonsense. I'm all for developing the young guys but not as the current best players on our roster, and not with expectation that they alone will someday gets us 50 wins.

Edited by KidRN, January 05, 2018 - 08:33 PM.

• fido and bfc1125roy like this

#24 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 05, 2018 - 09:48 PM

Dropped 9 straight.
Kuz shot 14% fg
Hart 16% fg
KCP 0 % fg

when our defense is non existent we have to play flawlessly on offense to even keep it competive smh

Edited by Rekal, January 05, 2018 - 09:49 PM.

#25 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,144 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 05, 2018 - 10:00 PM

Charlotte played much faster than usual.

Ingram bounced back. Season has always been avoit development.
Ball being back helped

#26 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,154 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 05, 2018 - 10:04 PM

Dropped 9 straight.
Kuz shot 14% fg
Hart 16% fg
KCP 0 % fg

when our defense is non existent we have to play flawlessly on offense to even keep it competive smh

Damn its sore on the eyes.

KCP dropped an amazing 0-0-0-0-1 on 0-3 shooting in 20 mins.

At this point, i think they have to make a move of sorts, just to shake things up a little bit.

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,144 posts

Posted January 05, 2018 - 10:07 PM

What move is there to make?

All the young guys have hit the wall... and the vets arent game changers like say Dwight or Kemba...

I think we will hit our second wind but its built on rookies and a young second year player.
  • LACAS likes this

#28 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,154 posts

Posted January 05, 2018 - 10:51 PM

What move is there to make?

All the young guys have hit the wall... and the vets arent game changers like say Dwight or Kemba...

I think we will hit our second wind but its built on rookies and a young second year player.

There's plenty of moves that can be made.

First off, it seems kinda obvious that Clarkson and Randle are trade targets, so i would start there. I really love Randle, but the writing is on the wall that either him or Nance has to go and given the offseason plans i think Randle is the guy that will go.

Mirotic is sitting there in Chicago and has specifically said that he wants out. So give them Clarkson and their 2019 2nd rounder back and get Mirotic.

Could make a run at a cheap veteran PG such as Devin Harris or Jarrett Jack.

Could give the Hawks either Zubac or Bryant as well as Corey Brewer for Marco Belinelli.

Maybe Shabbaz Napier is available - they sure cant afford to keep him.

Maybe Wayne Ellington - not staying in Miami either.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, January 05, 2018 - 10:51 PM.

#29 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,144 posts

Posted January 05, 2018 - 11:05 PM

And what does that do? Make us a better shooting team in theory but worse defensively....

Laterally movement except worst chemistry.

Nah

#30 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,041 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 05, 2018 - 11:23 PM

Nothing is wrong with this team. Luke has been doing a wonderful job. Pleasure to the eye. More please.
  • UKUGA likes this

#31 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 9,154 posts

Posted January 05, 2018 - 11:34 PM

And what does that do? Make us a better shooting team in theory but worse defensively....

Laterally movement except worst chemistry.

Nah

I think it would depend on the guys we added. Clarkson for Mirotic would help us a lot offensively and it would minimize the loss from moving Randle or Nance.

Belli or Ellington would improve our offense a lot more than it would hurt us defensively and adding a veteran PG would do wonders as well.

Even if it is a lateral move it could balanve the roster and set up the offseason.

#32 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,372 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 06, 2018 - 01:57 AM

man not even bother anymore....

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#33 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,958 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 06, 2018 - 08:00 AM

The team could be further along, but the FO has decided to hang onto its young talent and wait for FA in 2018.  

It is sort of purgatory, but the team could have had Cousins or George at this point (maybe both, but probably didn't have enough to acquire both).  

They should be better, and part of the reason they are worse is because of bad line-ups, etc.   Brooke and Bogut don't bring much to the table, but they get run.   KCP is a bad decision.  The Lakers took Lebron's ugly cousin to the prom, in hopes that it would give them a shot to date him in the future.  We are paying the price in the near-term. 

• bfc1125roy and LACAS like this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#34 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,009 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted January 06, 2018 - 09:11 AM

Got rid of our best shooters and replaced them with KCP. Yup. 

• UKUGA likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#35 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,144 posts

Posted January 06, 2018 - 11:10 AM

Lou turned to Hart. Which is a plus move MOVING FORWARD.

Dlo hurt still... trade looking better from that sense.

Nick for KCP.... For a shot at Bron.... tat was worth it.

Cant judge this organization by the team W L record

#36 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 237 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 06, 2018 - 11:51 AM

Who can be traded for who is just speculation.

KCP, Bogut, Lopez, and Brewer are all good one-year contracts to give the team this season some experience, leadership, and options on the court. All vets who are said to approach the game like professionals.

I'm sure everyone in the Laker organization wishes it was working better right now but, bottom line, it's a learning season. Now it's time to learn to fight through mental fatigue and adversity, adjust and try to get back to competing like they were a few weeks ago.

I remember Magic saying the process of rebuilding could take up to 5 years. That seems like a realistic ambition to me, but how patient he really is... who knows? If he sees something he likes or doesn't like now, and that the roster can be improved, maybe he'll shop around. It wouldn't surpirse me to see them just push through the year and see where they are after they've had a full season of work.

#37 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 434 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kyle Kuzma

Posted January 08, 2018 - 08:13 PM

Kobe: Soft as Charmin!

When they do their huddles they should say Charmin! on 3. Although even that they would probably say softly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users