UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 21, 2017 - 11:48 AM

http://www.espn.com/...-court-tensions

I've liked Michele Roberts, Players Association Executive Director, ever since she took this position and gave her first interview.   I like her points, her word choice, etc.  She seems to have a high-level of common-sense, and won't back down from a challenge.

After Lee Seham, the general counsel for the National Basketball Referees Association, had grown increasingly dissatisfied working with the NBA on contentious issues between game officials and players, he called the players association's executive director, Michele Roberts: Let's get together and talk, Seham proposed.

. . .

"I don't like anyone being punished," Roberts said. "We didn't celebrate, but it was evidence that someone other than the players had engaged in conduct that needed to be evaluated.

"I feel for the officials, but that allows for me to be able to turn to my guys and say, 'You're not alone.' I am not looking for the officials or players to be sanctioned. I want the conduct that leads to the misconduct to end. Let's be fair. If they're not acting like adults, they should all be sanctioned."

Edited by UKUGA, December 21, 2017 - 11:49 AM.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#2 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts

Posted January 08, 2018 - 11:38 AM

http://www.espn.com/...fe-ruining-game

The Golden State Warriors' Draymond Green told The Athletic on Saturday that ongoing friction between the NBA's officials and players is "ruining the game."

Green, who picked up his 11th technical foul of the season in the Warriors' 121-105 victory over the LA Clippers on Saturday, told the website that officials are making things personal and the problem is one of the No. 1 issues that needs to be solved by the league.

"It's bad," Green told the website. "It's horrible. It's really bad. I don't know why it is. But I think it's ridiculous. It's ruining the game. ... It should be one of, if not the main priority, to be solved. It definitely should."

The fed-up Green even proposed that the NBA should start fresh at the officiating position.

"They can get a new crop [of officials], a whole new crop," Green told the website. "Too many personal things going on. Too much me against you. It just don't work that way."

Don't feed the trolls. 

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,187 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 08, 2018 - 06:35 PM

Or Draymond, the players' Prima Donna attitudes can also be shelved.  That would help as well.  It's a two-way street.

#4 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts

Posted January 15, 2018 - 06:51 AM

Or Draymond, the players' Prima Donna attitudes can also be shelved.  That would help as well.  It's a two-way street.

"I feel for the officials, but that allows for me to be able to turn to my guys and say, 'You're not alone.' I am not looking for the officials or players to be sanctioned. I want the conduct that leads to the misconduct to end. Let's be fair. If they're not acting like adults, they should all be sanctioned."

Don't feed the trolls. 

#5 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 3,884 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 17, 2018 - 08:56 AM

It’s a two way street but there needs to be oversight!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users