Photo

Lakers Willing to Save Cap for 2019

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 17, 2017 - 12:36 AM

Magic is king of stating the obvious.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#42 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted December 17, 2017 - 04:57 AM

Magic being Magic, whats new? Since '79 the guy has never shied away from the mic, what makes you think now would be different? Typical LA fans getting wild up for nothing... Personally his statement didn't say anything anyone didn't already know, swinging for 2 this summer but if we strike out we'll swing again the following year... basically he didn't say much.

Zzzzzzzz

BTW Im not any less confident in free agency after reading the article...

Zzzzzz

To me its how good the rockets have been both w cp3 and without cp3 that makes me doubt we have as good a shot at LBJ as i had thought we might after him buying the house and looking at Notre Dame HS in Sherman Oaks cali in the San Fernando valley.

Honestly if I'm LeBron and Rockets can make a play for me, I'm leaning that way by a lot

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#43 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,168 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 17, 2017 - 05:24 AM

To me its how good the rockets have been both w cp3 and without cp3 that makes me doubt we have as good a shot at LBJ as i had thought we might after him buying the house and looking at Notre Dame HS in Sherman Oaks cali in the San Fernando valley.

Honestly if I'm LeBron and Rockets can make a play for me, I'm leaning that way by a lot

My comment was referring to free agency in general not limited to LeBron... I dont believe anything Magic said or didnt say tells what is in store for us this summer.

BTW Im on Team PG & Boogie.

That said I agree I dont see how Bron doesn't give real consideration to HOU especially with they way have been playing & with his buddy (CP3) there.

Edited by LACAS, December 17, 2017 - 05:26 AM.

#44 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted December 17, 2017 - 07:50 AM

My comment was referring to free agency in general not limited to LeBron... I dont believe anything Magic said or didnt say tells what is in store for us this summer.

BTW Im on Team PG & Boogie.

That said I agree I dont see how Bron doesn't give real consideration to HOU especially with they way have been playing & with his buddy (CP3) there.

Yeah.

I just had thought earlier that LBJ was the closest to a real get of any big name when we heard about Bron buying house and scoping high schools.

Right before Shaq signed in '96 i was in the Laker offices looking into getting colonnade season seats again during the summer. This was literally RIGHT before he signed (within days or a week).

The rep told me nothing is official but Shaq did just purchase a home for his mom in the redondo manhattan beach area.

I said "Where do I sign?"

The rest is history. Literally. 

Edited by kball, December 17, 2017 - 07:56 AM.

• LACAS likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#45 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,282 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 17, 2017 - 10:44 AM

I'd be fine with a team of next year

Brook or Boogie/Bryant

Randle/Kuz

Ingram/Henzonja

PG/Hart

Ball/Clarkson 

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#46 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,168 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 17, 2017 - 10:54 AM

I'd be fine with a team of next year

Brook or Boogie/Bryant

Randle/Kuz

Ingram/Henzonja

PG/Hart

Ball/Clarkson 

I agree... I like the Henzonja addition but the only way Im bringing back Lopez is if 1A) we strike out on Boogie and B) he signs on the cheap and short.

BTW I rather have Kuz start a PF.

#47 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,862 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 17, 2017 - 11:17 AM

No Lopez.

Bogut/Zubac/Bryant but ultimately Randle
Nance/Kuz with Kuz getting most of the minutes
Ingram/Brewer
George/Hart
Lonzo/Clarkson

#48 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,282 posts

Posted December 17, 2017 - 11:39 AM

I hate Lopez' game from aestethics standpoint but he's a better option than those guys if they are looking to win games and go to the playoffs.  Bryant is still too young and raw and unless Zubac makes a huge leap he's in the same boat.  Bogut.....uh no. 

No Lopez.

Bogut/Zubac/Bryant but ultimately Randle
Nance/Kuz with Kuz getting most of the minutes
Ingram/Brewer
George/Hart
Lonzo/Clarkson

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#49 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,282 posts

Posted December 17, 2017 - 11:41 AM

Im still on the fence about Boogie.  He's had some monster games but Im just not sure how much you can trust him as a top player on your team.  Sometimes LESS is more.  If Ingram/Ball are the future key pieces with Kuz/JR behind them do we really want to pour a full max slot into Boogie?  Im just not sure Im sold bro.  

Max deal comes with expectations of more than just having monster games.  Can he be a leader?  Can he mesh well with the young guys as they increase their usage and roles?  GS and SAS are the blueprint for a team with a lot of names b/c none of them give a [expletive] about their perceived roles or "whose team" it is.  They just BALL.  

It's one of the reason why I think the whole "big 3" or chase names and figure out [expletive] is something we should stray away from unless you got some proven guys that are willing to bond together.  

I agree... I like the Henzonja addition but the only way Im bringing back Lopez is if 1A) we strike out on Boogie and B) he signs on the cheap and short.

BTW I rather have Kuz start a PF.

Edited by Jody Smokes, December 17, 2017 - 11:44 AM.

• BasketballIQ and LACAS like this

#50 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,696 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 17, 2017 - 12:09 PM

No way we can pass on Boogie. How do we even justify that decision given our last 4 or 5 seasons?

#51 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,282 posts

Posted December 18, 2017 - 07:36 AM

Sure you can justify it.  Has Boogie made any team he's been apart of better?  The numbers with AD only vs Boogie only on the floor for the Pels is night and day.  I love Boogie as a talent just like Westbrook but something is just missing man. 

No way we can pass on Boogie. How do we even justify that decision given our last 4 or 5 seasons?

#52 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,282 posts

Posted December 18, 2017 - 07:37 AM

The same fans that would be mad we'd pass on him are the same ones that would expect a ring out of him, to be Shaq and if he didn't deliver would turn on him.

#53 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,696 posts

Posted December 18, 2017 - 09:39 AM

The same fans that would be mad we'd pass on him are the same ones that would expect a ring out of him, to be Shaq and if he didn't deliver would turn on him.

Well that's not true

#54 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,696 posts

Posted December 18, 2017 - 09:41 AM

Sure you can justify it.  Has Boogie made any team he's been apart of better?  The numbers with AD only vs Boogie only on the floor for the Pels is night and day.  I love Boogie as a talent just like Westbrook but something is just missing man.

What has this team done? That is a better question. Before you start passing on players, you need to realize that the future isn't promised. We could just as easily find ourselves in a worse situation just playing the wait and see game.

#55 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,862 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 18, 2017 - 10:07 AM

We traded Russell...this new regime ... and I think character is huge in the philosophy of this team.
LeBron cant wait for us imo.

PG seems logical

Lonzo
PG
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle closing games

With roles for Clarkson Hart Nance and added pieces. Bryant and Caruso maybe? Zubac maybe?
  • Rekal likes this

#56 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,787 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 18, 2017 - 10:32 AM

So, if you subtract Lopez production and add in Cousins production, this current team would not be better?

#57 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,907 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 18, 2017 - 01:12 PM

Magic is king of stating the obvious.

That DLo trade continues to look worse and worse lol.

#58 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,282 posts

Posted December 18, 2017 - 02:30 PM

You can't simply add and subtract production like that.  If so then adding Boogie to AD and Jrue's production should equal a team that isn't struggling to be .500

Roles, style of play, chemistry.  All those things matter.  You don't pay a dude a max deal to come in and NOT be a leader.  Is he capable of that? As much as they want Lonzo to be a leader he's 20 years old.  If Boogie can't lead this team making damn near 30M he shouldn't be the one they chase. 

So, if you subtract Lopez production and add in Cousins production, this current team would not be better?

#59 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,696 posts

Posted December 18, 2017 - 03:58 PM

You can't simply add and subtract production like that. If so then adding Boogie to AD and Jrue's production should equal a team that isn't struggling to be .500

Roles, style of play, chemistry. All those things matter. You don't pay a dude a max deal to come in and NOT be a leader. Is he capable of that? As much as they want Lonzo to be a leader he's 20 years old. If Boogie can't lead this team making damn near 30M he shouldn't be the one they chase.

You are over simplifying things. Boogie instantly makes this team much better. The biggest benefit to having him would be playing alongside a guy like PG. You add both and this is easily the best team Boogie has ever played with. The problem in NO is that Boogie and Davis pretty much play the same role. We dont need him to lead, that is what PG will be here for. However, a third guy of their caliber would likely be necessary. Unless we get Lebron, this is simply the best we can do. I'm not sure what else you guys would want to happen. This is our chance to finally start to build someething. We'd still have Ingram, Ball, and Kuzma.

Boogie
Kuzma
Ingram
PG
Ball

That is a scary lineup as long as Ball can hit an open 3

Edited by KidRN, December 18, 2017 - 04:03 PM.

• Olabebeh and LACAS like this

#60 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,787 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 18, 2017 - 04:22 PM

You can't simply add and subtract production like that. If so then adding Boogie to AD and Jrue's production should equal a team that isn't struggling to be .500

Roles, style of play, chemistry. All those things matter. You don't pay a dude a max deal to come in and NOT be a leader. Is he capable of that? As much as they want Lonzo to be a leader he's 20 years old. If Boogie can't lead this team making damn near 30M he shouldn't be the one they chase.

But I am not talking about Jrue or AD. I am talking about the Lakers. Who have more if a talented roster than AD and Jrue.
Answer the question. Would the addition be better than Robin's productuon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users