313 replies to this topic

#301 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,066 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2017 - 10:34 PM

Great win...even if it took spectacular level defense to pull out in the third quarter. I don't care that it was terrible competition...but that defensive mentality is what this team needs so badly to win games. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#302 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 21, 2017 - 10:38 PM

looked like Brook yelled at Luke there

Definitely did.

#303 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 21, 2017 - 10:39 PM

Anyone else think Lonzo looks a bit like Ben Stiller aka Gaylord Focker

Not at all. lol

#304 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted November 22, 2017 - 06:36 AM

Why the [expletive] are we and the Bulls the only teams playing today?

Marquee matchup dude!

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#305 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 06:52 AM

Ingram's lips look like they are always bloody.

Revlon spokesperson

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#306 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 07:08 AM

Anyone else think Lonzo looks a bit like Ben Stiller aka Gaylord Focker

Yep.

BTW-my 2nd favorite movie of his is still Flirting with Disaster from 20 years ago.

• MaceWindu likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#307 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 07:15 AM

So i fell asleep after 1st quarter, but is this Lakers biggest comeback of season?

From highlights they were down at least 16 (52-36).

Also Kevin McHale on NBA tv with a big surprisingly good piece of advice to Lonzo

McHale: Go watch tape of Kevin Martin

(similar shooting style and KM was a good scorer in this league for maybe 8-10 years)

Edited by kball, November 22, 2017 - 07:17 AM.

• MaceWindu likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#308 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,017 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 22, 2017 - 07:50 AM

Watching this on NBATV was almost unbearable.  All the picture in picture and all the guys taking over most of the game.  Super annoying.  

#309 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,956 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 22, 2017 - 08:18 AM

Ok, lets be honest, we won because we played against the worst team in the whole league, at home and with an ice cold Markkanen. Lakers defense and offense in the first half was embarrassing, beyond bad, worst half of this young season hands down. In the second the D improved but the half court offense remainded chaotic and improvised. Only some individual performances made the comeback possible (Randle) and finally got us the win (Ingram and KCP). I repeat, individual performances. Randle and Ingram taking it to the basket were too much for this Bulls to handle, it was clear as water. And well, KCP with the Mamba moment, this time it worked for us (although there's no denying his effort, that was remakable).
I'm officially concerned with Lonzo Ball, his body language is just terrible and his lack of confidence sometimes hurts the team on both ends of the floor. I know he's just 20 years old and there's a lot to handle for him right now, but playing with no passion and effort at all is unacceptable for any pro at any sport.
I'll take the W like any Laker fan, but this is not looking good. After tomorrow @Sac we have a 4 day rest and then the real deal begins. Lets hope for the best, but performances like this just doesn't give me too much faith for whats coming.

They beat a professional basketball team comprised of other professional basketball players. When you are a team like the Lakers there are not bad wins.
  • Busty Bluth and dbtbandit67 like this

#310 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 10:52 AM

Watching this on NBATV was almost unbearable.  All the picture in picture and all the guys taking over most of the game.  Super annoying.  

Try turning sound off and throwing your favorite music on while watching.

It loses something but lousy broadcasters and a ton of arena noise that bleeds over the announcers even calling the games in almost every arena nowadays have made it really hard to watch games the old fashioned way.  

• Busty Bluth likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#311 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 481 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 22, 2017 - 11:08 AM

And what's wrong with the Lakers winning by scoring points in the paint?

All day long kiddo

#312 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,489 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 22, 2017 - 12:55 PM

It loses something but lousy broadcasters and a ton of arena noise that bleeds over the announcers even calling the games in almost every arena nowadays have made it really hard to watch games the old fashioned way.  

This is what I do, but I listen to old Howard Stern Show clips. If they just called the game and cut out the BS it would really be nice. These guys are just trying to show a personality or manufacture a catch phrase. Houston weren’t bad until announcer started yelling out sirrachia or hot sauce when dude hit a jumper. That crap bothers me. Tony Romo is the best commentator easily. Other faves are Marv YES Albert. Eddie Olychek, Doc Emmerich and Pat Foley. Rex Huddler when he did angel games was a lot of fun to listen to. Got spoiled rotten by Chick, he was the GOAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#313 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 2,140 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 22, 2017 - 03:46 PM

it wasn't only the broadcasters, they had the game in miniature when they were talking to Worthy. Absolutely ridiculous, worst broadcast ever.

• lakerfan98 likes this

#314 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,017 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 26, 2017 - 10:48 AM

it wasn't only the broadcasters, they had the game in miniature when they were talking to Worthy. Absolutely ridiculous, worst broadcast ever.

Half the game was in half screen with shots of the TNT guys and commentators and even just the studio lol.  Never seen anything like it.  And when the game was in full screen they talked over everything no matter what was going on during the game.  They kept calling it player's only.  Next time I'm watching a game on NBATV and it's this player's only crap I'm switching over to a stream.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users