#21 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 21, 2017 - 10:33 PM

He was mentioned at that spot for the Lakers around draft time. I wouldn't have judged them for it. Good talent evaluators can see what others can't. That's why teams like the Spurs are successful.

Congrats you’re the .1%

#22 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,286 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 21, 2017 - 11:11 PM

Congrats you’re the .1%

I distinctly remember draft experts mentioning Porzingis being a possibility at #2.

https://twitter.com/...755477207986176

Draft scuttle: Hearing Porzingis not only in play for Philly at No. 3 but now giving Lakers something to ponder at No. 2. Stock rising fast

• Busty Bluth likes this

#23 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts

Posted November 21, 2017 - 11:28 PM

I distinctly remember draft experts mentioning Porzingis being a possibility at #2.

I mean normal people not scouts.
I remember lots and lots of people puzzled or questioning NY

#24 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts

Posted November 21, 2017 - 11:29 PM

Of course some scouts knew he was worth it

#25 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,286 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 22, 2017 - 09:34 PM

Of course some scouts knew he was worth it

Angry NY fans who hadn't watched him before maybe. Obviously, NBA front offices and scouts should be doing a lot more work than them.

Every team isn't going to get every pick right, but the Lakers haven't drafted any budding star player since they've been rebuilding. The most you can say for anybody that they've drafted is that we don't know. D'Angelo has shown the most so far, but he's gone and I still don't think he'll become a star. He certainly hasn't been in the same realm as guys like Towns, Porzingis, and Jokic.

Edited by Japago, November 22, 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#26 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 24, 2017 - 12:26 PM

He was the one player 99% of posters agreed we absolutely should not draft. This board would have rioted lol

That's irrelevant. People are paid good money to make these decisions. Laker fans would have been mad for like 3 months...thats not a big deal.

#27 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts

Posted November 25, 2017 - 01:00 AM

That's irrelevant. People are paid good money to make these decisions. Laker fans would have been mad for like 3 months...thats not a big deal.

It is relevant because we’re talking about how people on this board / fans / social media would’ve reacted not the legitimacy of scouts knowledge.

Edited by Rekal, November 25, 2017 - 01:03 AM.

#28 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,840 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 25, 2017 - 03:53 AM

People are paid good money to make these decisions. Laker fans would have been mad for like 3 months...thats not a big deal.

Ball.

• Rekal likes this

#29 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted November 25, 2017 - 06:51 AM

Ball.

People get mad when I talk about Ball but you guys intentionally try to make me talk about Ball. I purposely haven't posted anything about Ball the last couple of days.

#30 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,840 posts

Posted November 25, 2017 - 07:27 AM

People get mad when I talk about Ball but you guys intentionally try to make me talk about Ball. I purposely haven't posted anything about Ball the last couple of days.

I was simply agreeing with you regarding "people get paid good money to make these decisions", eventually the pouting will end.

Edited by LACAS, November 25, 2017 - 07:27 AM.

• Rekal likes this

#31 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,475 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 25, 2017 - 08:14 AM

I'm offended... I shall call you out your name and bash everyone. Lol

#32 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted November 25, 2017 - 10:50 AM

I was simply agreeing with you regarding "people get paid good money to make these decisions", eventually the pouting will end.

Lmao...my example was based off of hindsight. You're using your psychic abilities to predict the future.

Not the same but nice try

#33 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,840 posts

Posted November 25, 2017 - 06:18 PM

Lmao...my example was based off of hindsight. You're using your psychic abilities to predict the future.

Not the same but nice try

What am I predicting?

#34 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted November 25, 2017 - 08:57 PM

What am I predicting?

Ball's success. My point was only valid because Porzingis is a legit player right now. I didnt predict his future success. Based on his play during his rookie season, compared to Russell's, the pick would have been justified within a few months. That is based on hindsight and nothing more.

My post had nothing to do with Ball nor does it apply to him in any way.

Why do you guys get so obsessed with these damn rookies?

Edited by KidRN, November 25, 2017 - 08:59 PM.

#35 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,840 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 06:15 AM

Ball's success. My point was only valid because Porzingis is a legit player right now. I didnt predict his future success. Based on his play during his rookie season, compared to Russell's, the pick would have been justified within a few months. That is based on hindsight and nothing more.

My post had nothing to do with Ball nor does it apply to him in any way.

Why do you guys get so obsessed with these damn rookies?

Im not predicting anything, simply agreeing with you that guys get paid good money to make these decisions and fans will pout...

Regarding Ball, you and I have been down this road plenty of times, I think I have overly stated its simply too soon to label him anything other than a rookie, Im not predicting anything... "stop mess'n"

Hindsight is 20/20 and Im not big on "if we would have" based on what we know now.

Who's obsessed? Personally I think you have mentioned Ball more or as much as anyone else... BTW I dont get obsessed on ANY player and that included Kobe who I was willing to deal prior to his last contract and as much disagreement as this caused and still may I would have NEVER given him 2/48... I appreciate and respect players but dont fall in love with players. (BTW Kobe and Magic are my favorite players)

Edited by LACAS, November 26, 2017 - 06:18 AM.

• Rekal likes this

#36 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 06:50 AM

Im not predicting anything, simply agreeing with you that guys get paid good money to make these decisions and fans will pout...

Regarding Ball, you and I have been down this road plenty of times, I think I have overly stated its simply too soon to label him anything other than a rookie, Im not predicting anything... "stop mess'n"

Hindsight is 20/20 and Im not big on "if we would have" based on what we know now.

Who's obsessed? Personally I think you have mentioned Ball more or as much as anyone else... BTW I dont get obsessed on ANY player and that included Kobe who I was willing to deal prior to his last contract and as much disagreement as this caused and still may I would have NEVER given him 2/48... I appreciate and respect players but dont fall in love with players. (BTW Kobe and Magic are my favorite players)

You brought up Ball in a situation where he doesn't fit...nothing else to say.

Edited by KidRN, November 26, 2017 - 06:51 AM.

#37 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,998 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 26, 2017 - 07:09 AM

Walton's last Laker contract as a player was a head scratcher.

Think it was 3 years 15 million.

dude was injured with back problems and terrible.

Literally terrible.

Didn't break the bank like some of these Moz, Deng deals but...

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#38 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 08:50 AM

he does though.
a rookie who needs time.
someone drafted him scouted him who knows more than you and I

Edited by Rekal, November 26, 2017 - 12:05 PM.

#39 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,840 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 09:00 AM

I simply brought up Ball for all those complaining about drafting Ball yet state we have people being paid good money to make these decisions, thats all.

#40 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 09:36 AM

I simply brought up Ball for all those complaining about drafting Ball yet state we have people being paid good money to make these decisions, thats all.

Please dont intentionally take my post out of context. If you want to have a real and fair discussion than we can but this is nonsense.

Scouts can get things wrong and they can get things right. Russell OBVIOUSLY wasnt the best option for the use of that pick considering the fact that we used him in a salary dump.

If we had drafted Porzingis it would have been a reach because he wasn't considered the 2nd best prospect in that draft. Because of that, there would have been complaints all throughout the rest of the offseason. Nobody complained when Ball was drafted because he WAS the consensus #2 pick, people are complaining NOW because of his play on the court. Once again these two situations have nothing in common. You are trying to force Ball into this conversation and he doesn't fit.

Edited by KidRN, November 26, 2017 - 09:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users