nSLiQqtm.jpg

#42 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,251 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2017 - 09:23 AM

Lonzo in college is over he played 1 year lol... He just had a good year... Jeremy Lin had a good year in the NBA we didn't make him a all star for that... Tyler Hansbrough was the best in college... Jj Redick was the best in college... Jimmer fredette was the best in college.. College doesn't always transfer to the nba....

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#43 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,833 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2017 - 09:27 AM

I'm sorry but this is not true at all.

He has a C that can shoot 3's and stretch the floor. His SG can shoot and create. He has Randle who is a great athlete that can run the floor. His PF can shoot as well. The only questionable fit is Ingram who prefers to iso and isnt a very good spot up shooter. However, Ingram can run the floor and has good legnth over most other SF's.

While this roster isn't perfect for a pass first point guard, it is certainly adequate.

He is 19 and has played 15 NBA games. He has had some bad games and some good games. The analysis can end right there. You can’t learn a damn thing about an NBA career or even potential based off of a small sample size of games when the guy was 19 and a rook. If you are feeling uneasy, go watch Kobe as a rookie and then watch him in year 8, you will see a player who doesn’t resemble his former self in any form, including physically. OR do nothing and give the guy some time to play and develop, if he develops a shot he will with zero doubt be a very effective player, if he does not he still has plenty of game and can fill up a stat sheet in other areas, or maybe he can’t play in the NBA, only time will tell. Most of all remember, he is basically a child and expecting greatness from a child playing against men is foolish.
  • LACAS likes this

#44 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,932 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 16, 2017 - 09:48 AM

Some folk want to see consistency with 19 yr olds.

For me personally. He is better at gett8ng to the rim. I am hoping his jumper comes around. If he wants to improve and get minutes, got to prove it. I don't k ow what he does or if he is a gym rat or not but he is losing minutes for a reason.

He had play where he got to the basket and passed it to the top of the three where Brook missed it. He has to be more assertive. He can be a pass first PG but he has to have some dog in him. He worse than Tim Duncan. Lol
  • BORNINLA and LACAS like this

#45 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 16, 2017 - 10:03 AM

He is 19 and has played 15 NBA games. He has had some bad games and some good games. The analysis can end right there. You can’t learn a damn thing about an NBA career or even potential based off of a small sample size of games when the guy was 19 and a rook. If you are feeling uneasy, go watch Kobe as a rookie and then watch him in year 8, you will see a player who doesn’t resemble his former self in any form, including physically. OR do nothing and give the guy some time to play and develop, if he develops a shot he will with zero doubt be a very effective player, if he does not he still has plenty of game and can fill up a stat sheet in other areas, or maybe he can’t play in the NBA, only time will tell. Most of all remember, he is basically a child and expecting greatness from a child playing against men is foolish.

Same excuses we've heard about every rookie including the one that's currently in Brooklyn.

#46 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 16, 2017 - 10:04 AM

Would it be a problem to send Lonzo to the G-League for a couple of weeks? Maybe that jumper will come back.

**runs and hides**

#47 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,833 posts

Posted November 16, 2017 - 12:27 PM

Same excuses we've heard about every rookie including the one that's currently in Brooklyn.

Correct. Also the same excuse you will here about every rookie for every team that you follow from now until the end of time. Guess why? They are inexperienced rookies who are nowhere near their potential and nobody has a clue how it will work out. With a few exceptions, such as Shaq, LeBron etc, this will always be the case.
  • Rekal and LACAS like this

#48 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 16, 2017 - 12:45 PM

Correct. Also the same excuse you will here about every rookie for every team that you follow from now until the end of time. Guess why? They are inexperienced rookies who are nowhere near their potential and nobody has a clue how it will work out. With a few exceptions, such as Shaq, LeBron etc, this will always be the case.

Exactly.

As poor as Lonzo has looked I have a hard time labeling him or any other rookie a bust after 15 games... 

• Rekal and ChichoGarcy like this

#49 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 762 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 18, 2017 - 12:49 PM

Exactly.

As poor as Lonzo has looked I have a hard time labeling him or any other rookie a bust after 15 games...

me either it’s crazy to write them off after it’s their first year

But what i fear is if lonzo doesn’t make any changes in 3 years to his jumper

We could end up like MKG situation and his jumper is broken too

#50 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,833 posts

Posted November 18, 2017 - 01:12 PM

me either it’s crazy to write them off after it’s their first year

But what i fear is if lonzo doesn’t make any changes in 3 years to his jumper

We could end up like MKG situation and his jumper is broken too

Yes. If he doesn’t improve in 3 years he will be a pretty mediocre at best player. When you draft players you are 99 percent of the time drafting on potential not on what they can do now with the rare exception of Shaq or LeBron types. Lonzos potential is still completely intact and there is no reason to think that he will be a bust same as there is no reason to think he will be a once in a generation point guard.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users