52 replies to this topic

#21 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,382 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 15, 2017 - 07:13 AM

This kind of thinking is so idiotic to me.  How Is it Lavar's fault for how Lonzo is performing?  You don't know what Lonzo is focused on everyday.  None of that keeps a player from being able to get better.  Top names build brands from day 1. Kobe was rapping at 19-20, didn't stop him from becoming an all star. 

Except Lonzo has been playing mediocore, no matter what way you put it. Defensive/distributor role? Still mediocre.

A lot of this is Lavar's fault. It's all that BS he's been feeding his son about starting his own brand, having his own reality show, getting grown men to play a lot more physical with a young 20-something guard that still hasn't fully gotten past puberty yet, and whose body isn't quite NBA ready yet.

Best thing he can do tonight is to put his rap career aside, hit the weight room, have a solid dinner, stretch and ice his body for tomorrow and get a good night's sleep.

Not [expletive]ing around in a studio working on his rap album, doing his stupid reality show, or some Big Baller event. Man, do that [expletive] in the offseason, concentrate on Philly tomorrow and lift weights.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#22 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,850 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 15, 2017 - 08:30 AM

Except Lonzo has been playing mediocore, no matter what way you put it. Defensive/distributor role? Still mediocre.

A lot of this is Lavar's fault. It's all that BS he's been feeding his son about starting his own brand, having his own reality show, getting grown men to play a lot more physical with a young 20-something guard that still hasn't fully gotten past puberty yet, and whose body isn't quite NBA ready yet.

Best thing he can do tonight is to put his rap career aside, hit the weight room, have a solid dinner, stretch and ice his body for tomorrow and get a good night's sleep.

Not [expletive]ing around in a studio working on his rap album, doing his stupid reality show, or some Big Baller event. Man, do that [expletive] in the offseason, concentrate on Philly tomorrow and lift weights.

What do you like doing with your free time? Well, whatever it is, you should just focus on doing your job so that you can appease some clown on a message board. Nevermind the part where you are a 19 year old rookie who just became the youngest person to ever put up a triple double at the absolute highest level of competition against the best athletes in the world. Consistency comes with time and practice. The only way the kid can practice is in real NBA games, which he has currently played in every single one that he possibly could. Enjoy the process.
  • Xinxin and Jody Smokes like this

#23 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 376 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 15, 2017 - 01:20 PM

This is what I have been saying.  Sure he is allowed to have a life outside of basketball, but IMO only after you have mastered your craft. That goes for any occupation. 

#24 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,382 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 02:39 PM

So with that said none of you should be posting online unless you are running extremely successful businesses. 

This is what I have been saying.  Sure he is allowed to have a life outside of basketball, but IMO only after you have mastered your craft. That goes for any occupation. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#25 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 376 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 06:44 PM

So with that said none of you should be posting online unless you are running extremely successful businesses.

Damn didnt realize everyone in here was a business man/woman......

#26 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,382 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 07:23 PM

Obviously that went over your head.  You're on a message board saying what a 19 year old kid should be doing with his time.  You dont know wtf he does with his time.  As he can't lift weights, practice, learn and also go home and make some rap music.  Like I said if you want to be in the business of critiquing what an athlete does with their free time b/c they aren't living up to what YOU think they should be I hope you are taking your own advice.  

Damn didnt realize everyone in here was a business man/woman......

#27 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 376 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 07:50 PM

Obviously that went over your head.  You're on a message board saying what a 19 year old kid should be doing with his time.  You dont know wtf he does with his time.  As he can't lift weights, practice, learn and also go home and make some rap music.  Like I said if you want to be in the business of critiquing what an athlete does with their free time b/c they aren't living up to what YOU think they should be I hope you are taking your own advice.  

Actually I am taking my own ADVICE....I appreciate your concern.... You're right I should be talking about the 19 y/o and I should have clarified... if he wants to stay mediocre and irrelevant continue rapping and promoting big baller.  If he wants to become GREAT, like I have in my craft, drop the extra crap and master your craft....

#28 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,265 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 15, 2017 - 08:29 PM

I just think it's funny when someone can question an individual's work ethic and habits despite not ever spending a single second with that person on a daily basis...

• Jody Smokes likes this

#29 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 376 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 08:40 PM

I just think it's funny when someone can question an individual's work ethic and habits despite not ever spending a single second with that person on a daily basis...

Unfortunately perception is reality in this world...... and right now, the perception is Lonzo ball could give 2 shiets about showing up to play on a consistent basis.....

#30 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,265 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 15, 2017 - 08:51 PM

Unfortunately perception is reality in this world...... and right now, the perception is Lonzo ball could give 2 shiets about showing up to play on a consistent basis.....

He's 10 games into his rookie year on a rebuilding team that lacks the pieces that you would ideally want surrounding a pass first point guard.  Yes his shot hasn't fallen, yes he seems extremely passive at times, and yes he is not performing at a #2 overall pick caliber.  However, that doesn't mean he doesn't care...

There really hasn't been a single player on this Laker roster that has performed on a consistent basis.  Maybe you should lower your expectations in order to have a better perception of reality.  

#31 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 376 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 09:03 PM

He's 10 games into his rookie year on a rebuilding team that lacks the pieces that you would ideally want surrounding a pass first point guard.  Yes his shot hasn't fallen, yes he seems extremely passive at times, and yes he is not performing at a #2 overall pick caliber.  However, that doesn't mean he doesn't care...

There really hasn't been a single player on this Laker roster that has performed on a consistent basis.  Maybe you should lower your expectations in order to have a better perception of reality.  

Kuzma has been able to show up every single game, whether he played well or not is irrelevant, what is the perception of Lonzo vs Kuzma?  My expectations where that he was going to play with some heart, he's not. 

#32 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 2,852 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:11 PM

Lonzo is fine. He is going to have some bad games....the guy is a rookie...he still needs to learn how to play in this league.

• LACAS likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,897 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:22 PM

Personal perception is not universal reality
Posted Image

• 43,946 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:23 PM

I get that it's his demeanor and all, but it just doesn't help matters to see Lonzo stone-faced and like with no passion it seems other than some visible frustration and looking flat out sad and scared out there sometimes. It's like GET ANGRY AND DO SOMETHING DAMMIT!

yo.

#35 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,897 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:26 PM

I get that it's his demeanor and all, but it just doesn't help matters to see Lonzo stone-faced and like with no passion it seems other than some visible frustration and looking flat out sad and scared out there sometimes. It's like GET ANGRY AND DO SOMETHING DAMMIT!

It's noones business. Back when Eli manning was winning superbowls people would always criticize his face and question his competitiveness
Posted Image

• 43,946 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:31 PM

I understand that, but until Lonzo reaches anything a semblance of that level, he often won't receive the benefit of the doubt. It's just a bad look when things aren't going well, which is more often than not these days, is all Im saying, especially from most fruatrated fans' perspectives.

yo.

#37 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,850 posts

Posted November 16, 2017 - 08:19 AM

Actually I am taking my own ADVICE....I appreciate your concern.... You're right I should be talking about the 19 y/o and I should have clarified... if he wants to stay mediocre and irrelevant continue rapping and promoting big baller. If he wants to become GREAT, like I have in my craft, drop the extra crap and master your craft....

Lol. You mean like Jordan who played baseball, was addicted to gambling, addicted to cheating on his wife, started his own line of clothing and shoes, yet still found time to be the best basketball player in the history of the game. Don’t project your experience onto Lonzo, I’m at the absolute peak of my craft and have been for over a decade and have had plenty of time for hobbies and distractions the entire time. He is a 19 year old kid, the Lakers aren’t going anywhere soon, and he has plenty of time to gain experience on the job while the games are absolutely meaningless (like this season).

#38 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,850 posts

Posted November 16, 2017 - 08:23 AM

It's noones business. Back when Eli manning was winning superbowls people would always criticize his face and question his competitiveness

People don’t understand this very simple concept. To get to the top in anything involving athletics requires not only talent but also being insanely competitive. Every professional athlete is competitive or they would have never made it to to the pros. The expressions they have on their face is completely meaningless, you can have someone like Kobe who mean mugs constantly or you can have someone like Eli who is nearly emotionless, both led their teams to multiple titles.

#39 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 376 posts

Posted November 16, 2017 - 09:07 AM

Lol. You mean like Jordan who played baseball, was addicted to gambling, addicted to cheating on his wife, started his own line of clothing and shoes, yet still found time to be the best basketball player in the history of the game. Don’t project your experience onto Lonzo, I’m at the absolute peak of my craft and have been for over a decade and have had plenty of time for hobbies and distractions the entire time. He is a 19 year old kid, the Lakers aren’t going anywhere soon, and he has plenty of time to gain experience on the job while the games are absolutely meaningless (like this season).

We will agree to disagree.   But I see your point.  All those things Jordan did was after he had won 3 rings and a multiple time MVP.  I would say the commercials were mostly done in the off season. 

I like Lonzo and believe he can shoot, but there are too many distractions IMO.  It's like watching Lamar Odom/Bynum/Elden Campbell again. 

The one thing that was mentioned, I forget who it said it, but this pressure might be good for him so whenever he becomes that player he will be made of Teflon in the Playoffs.

#40 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,599 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 16, 2017 - 09:15 AM

He's 10 games into his rookie year on a rebuilding team that lacks the pieces that you would ideally want surrounding a pass first point guard.

I'm sorry but this is not true at all.

He has a C that can shoot 3's and stretch the floor. His SG can shoot and create. He has Randle who is a great athlete that can run the floor. His PF can shoot as well. The only questionable fit is Ingram who prefers to iso and isnt a very good spot up shooter. However, Ingram can run the floor and has good legnth over most other SF's.

While this roster isn't perfect for a pass first point guard, it is certainly adequate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users