#121 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,910 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted March 01, 2018 - 12:45 PM

I asked laker film room and this is his answer:

I don't think Deng is that bad either, but I think the relationship is too far gone for them to repair it. I'd be shocked if he played, even if it does make some sense.
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#122 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,221 posts

Posted March 01, 2018 - 12:54 PM

Deng could be moved this summer depending on who opens up cap space. The price will be the Cavs pick and one of our future firsts, however. I don’t think it requires any of Ball, Kuzma or Ingram...that was definitely the price this past summer, but it will go down the further we move along. Just a guess based on the market for DeMarre Carroll who was moved for 1 first and 1 second. He had $15 mil and $15 mil left on his deal. Granted he was a serviceable player...we don’t know what Deng could do and I’m sure the addition of another first round pick would offset any difference.

The thought process is that teams will eat up 1 season of him on the books (2018-19) for the price of 2 first round picks. You have to understand that Deng is a negative asset for this coming season and after that he simply becomes an expiring contract that plenty of teams wouldn’t mind trading for. The issue is not many teams have cap space this summer and the best bet would be to eat his contract for one more season and move him as an expiring...which would cost much less.

Edited by Massacre, March 01, 2018 - 12:55 PM.

#123 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,554 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 01, 2018 - 01:13 PM

Deng could be moved this summer depending on who opens up cap space. The price will be the Cavs pick and one of our future firsts, however. I don’t think it requires any of Ball, Kuzma or Ingram...that was definitely the price this past summer, but it will go down the further we move along. Just a guess based on the market for DeMarre Carroll who was moved for 1 first and 1 second. He had $15 mil and $15 mil left on his deal. Granted he was a serviceable player...we don’t know what Deng could do and I’m sure the addition of another first round pick would offset any difference.

The thought process is that teams will eat up 1 season of him on the books (2018-19) for the price of 2 first round picks. You have to understand that Deng is a negative asset for this coming season and after that he simply becomes an expiring contract that plenty of teams wouldn’t mind trading for. The issue is not many teams have cap space this summer and the best bet would be to eat his contract for one more season and move him as an expiring...which would cost much less.

Extend and stretch him, easiest move. Given our recent drafting success, I vote we keep the pick. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users