167 replies to this topic

#161 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,214 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 28, 2017 - 07:35 PM

They aren't primed for ANY season.  They are trying to showcase mainly Lonzo and BI to sign a combo of PG/Bron/Boogie.  That's their plan.  Im not convinced that it's going to work.  

BTW Jody no one head will roll they aren’t primed for this season. But hope to avoid giving away pick at least

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#162 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Rookie

• 1,050 posts
  • Name:Rafael
  • Fan Since:92
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant / Magic Johnson

Posted October 28, 2017 - 07:41 PM

Can't simply just blame players.  It's not like they aren't trying.  They didn't put together the roster, make trades and signings.  They also aren't creating the strategy.  Most of why they are losing isn't based on EFFORT.  

The players aren't the only ones to blame, i know, but at the end of the day they are the ones who play and today the effort wasn't there just like in other games from the last years, i know we are rebuilding our core is young but that doesn't mean we don't need to give it all every single night.

#163 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,314 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 28, 2017 - 07:50 PM

Btw Dodgers rally and win it’s 2-2 now

Go Astros!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#164 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 28, 2017 - 08:16 PM

Sometimes i wonder if this players know they are playing for the Lakers and what that means, the responsability it takes, someone should remember them we have 16 chips 9 retired jerseys soon a 10th one, this franchise is not  like Bobcats or the Pelicans with all due respect for both orgs.

Bogut right?

Edited by kball, October 28, 2017 - 08:16 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

• 43,864 posts

Posted October 28, 2017 - 08:26 PM

Okay, so what in the world is this "token Asian guy" you're all talking about? I can't find anything on it. Searched twitter, youtube, nothing.

yo.

#166 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,214 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 28, 2017 - 08:46 PM

You can't honestly be watching the game and questioning their effort as players. 

The players aren't the only ones to blame, i know, but at the end of the day they are the ones who play and today the effort wasn't there just like in other games from the last years, i know we are rebuilding our core is young but that doesn't mean we don't need to give it all every single night.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#167 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Rookie

• 1,050 posts
  • Name:Rafael
  • Fan Since:92
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant / Magic Johnson

Posted October 28, 2017 - 09:31 PM

You can't honestly be watching the game and questioning their effort as players. 

They were sleepy most of the game, we got out rebounded multiple times and made some stupid turnovers because of it. Just compare the intensity we played vs the wizards and this game it's night and day.

#168 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 556 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted October 28, 2017 - 11:24 PM

Sometimes i wonder if this players know they are playing for the Lakers and what that means, the responsability it takes, someone should remember them we have 16 chips 9 retired jerseys soon a 10th one, this franchise is not  like Bobcats or the Pelicans with all due respect for both orgs.

https://youtu.be/vmOi1nujDd0?t=2m49s

Let them watch this before every game. Did not move the needle then, maybe it'll work it's magic on these youngsters.

• Olabebeh likes this

My latest game review: https://steemit.com/...-the-rescue-6-8

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users