Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 23, 2017 - 10:55 AM

Bledsoe wants out, Lakers go after him.

Move 1:

Bledsoe for Randle, Clarkson and Zubac

The market isn't good for PGs right now - especially 28y/o ones with an injury history like Bledsoes. Lakers trade for him using players that might not be a part of the future anyway.

Move 2:

Ingram, Deng, future protected 1st for Boogie.

Like they said on a couple of Laker pods: Boogie has to wonder who'd win between the Pellies and Lakers if he switched teams. The answer of course is the Lakers, in a landslide. Once it becomes clear that the Pellies aren't making the playoffs, then this would be a better deal for the Pellies than to lose Boogie for nothing.

Bledsoe - Lonzo - KCP - Kuzma - Boogie

Using Boogie's cap hold the Lakers can keep him AND have enough cap space to add Lebron or Paul George.

2018/19: Bledsoe - Lonzo - Lebron/George - Kuzma - Boogie.

#2 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 23, 2017 - 11:22 AM

Problem is Bledsoe is too small to play shooting guard and Lonzo is too passive to play shooting guard, so you have two PG in the lineup.....granted Bledsoe can score.

#3 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,228 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 23, 2017 - 11:47 AM

Simply because a given player is available on the market doesn't mean you go after him.

I would entertain a 3 team trade in which we acquired a serviceable starting 4 or wing player but adding Bledsoe to this current roster when we already have Ball as our primary ball handler/playmaker makes absolutely no sense.

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 23, 2017 - 09:34 PM

LOL. This was mostly for fun.

On a serious note,

i do think Lonzo would work well next to another PG in the mold of Bledsoe (or Pat Beverley, Avery Bradley etc.) which is a guy who is more of a shooter/slasher than a passer and someone who can defend the point of attack. We might have a guy like that i KCP, though, who can defend the other team's PG, shoot off the catch and even run a bit of pick-and-roll in the half-court.

Regarding the second trade: Ingram-Deng for Boogie, i think it's something to consider if we managed to pull off the deal for Bledsoe. Boogie and Bledsoe have a history from college and i think that would give the Lakers an edge in terms of keeping him. Also, by shedding Deng completely as well as Ingram, we'd still have enough money to spend about 40M on FAs, using Boogie's 27M cap hold!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users