• Please log in to reply
1013 replies to this topic

#1001 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,964 posts

Posted April 13, 2019 - 04:52 PM

Luke's issues were his poor rotations and refusal to upgrade his coaching staff.

Sac's roster is a much better fit for him, too.

The Kings are young and they run. Luke will do fine there and I think he’ll do great there if he brings in a better lead assistant.

It always felt like the players performed on offense in spite of there being no direction. I’m excited to see how the next guy can maximize who we have. I have never seen LeBron work THAT hard for his points this season, and he still got 27 per. This was further confirmed (in my eyes) when Reggie Bullock looked like he forgot how to shoot, when in actuality he wasn’t being used the way he was in Detroit (pindoens, handoffs, etc.).

Edited by Massacre, April 13, 2019 - 04:55 PM.

#1002 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,159 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2019 - 06:19 PM

The Kings are young and they run. Luke will do fine there and I think he’ll do great there if he brings in a better lead assistant.

It always felt like the players performed on offense in spite of there being no direction. I’m excited to see how the next guy can maximize who we have. I have never seen LeBron work THAT hard for his points this season, and he still got 27 per. This was further confirmed (in my eyes) when Reggie Bullock looked like he forgot how to shoot, when in actuality he wasn’t being used the way he was in Detroit (pindoens, handoffs, etc.).

Well said, I agree.

These past few seasons really enlighten how important top-down management is. A competent, synchronous FO lays down the framework for the team to successfully function.

Magic and Rob should have focused on signing shooters, one of which would have been bringing back Lopez. I also think the Randle situation could have been handled better. That's basically a year of tanking in 2014 wasted with no net return, haha.

I think Luke could have ran plays and rotations that would have made it easier to win ball games...but he didn't. Perhaps that's where having a poor assistant coaching staff comes in. Granted, I admit he wasn't given the best roster to work with (which stems back to top-down management).

Our only hope is acquiring another superstar via free agency or trade. And unfortunately we have a very short window to win it all.

#1003 I Love Lebron

I Love Lebron

I suck Lebron's toes.

• 12,047 posts

Posted April 14, 2019 - 08:20 AM

Lakers let another coaching candidate slip out their hands in Mad Dog Madsen 😔

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#1004 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,039 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted April 15, 2019 - 03:54 AM

Well said, I agree.
These past few seasons really enlighten how important top-down management is. A competent, synchronous FO lays down the framework for the team to successfully function.
Magic and Rob should have focused on signing shooters, one of which would have been bringing back Lopez. I also think the Randle situation could have been handled better. That's basically a year of tanking in 2014 wasted with no net return, haha.
I think Luke could have ran plays and rotations that would have made it easier to win ball games...but he didn't. Perhaps that's where having a poor assistant coaching staff comes in. Granted, I admit he wasn't given the best roster to work with (which stems back to top-down management).
Our only hope is acquiring another superstar via free agency or trade. And unfortunately we have a very short window to win it all.

As I stated before signing Bron, I dont think he ever wins another title.

This team is a mess. One offseason isn't going to fix this imo. That's another year of Bron wasted. If a trade or signing doesn't happen in the offseason, we will see the same rumors that killed the chemistry this year happen again.

Too many great teams with good chemistry at the top right now.

If prime Bron and Wade didn't win it their first year, I'm not sure what we can expect even with a big name free agent.

Before this season, I was all for going all in and trading the youth. However, with the front office being a mess, the roster being a mess, Bron a year older, and a brand new coach we may want to just ride out Bron's last seasons and keep the young guys.

#1005 MiggsTradamus

MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,366 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted April 15, 2019 - 07:34 AM

Lakers let another coaching candidate slip out their hands in Mad Dog Madsen 😔

are u fkn kidding Mad dog
Please noooooo
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#1006 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 15, 2019 - 07:36 AM

As I stated before signing Bron, I dont think he ever wins another title.

This team is a mess. One offseason isn't going to fix this imo. That's another year of Bron wasted. If a trade or signing doesn't happen in the offseason, we will see the same rumors that killed the chemistry this year happen again.

Too many great teams with good chemistry at the top right now.

If prime Bron and Wade didn't win it their first year, I'm not sure what we can expect even with a big name free agent.

Before this season, I was all for going all in and trading the youth. However, with the front office being a mess, the roster being a mess, Bron a year older, and a brand new coach we may want to just ride out Bron's last seasons and keep the young guys.

In other words, the Lakers need to cut their losses and get rid of Lebron for players that can at least get this team to the playoffs.  People still can't accept that this isnt the same Lebron in the same Conference.  There are no easy days in the WC.  I expect another major injury this coming season.

#1007 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,573 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 15, 2019 - 11:23 AM

Yup time to trade LeBron so we can get Ingram, Lonzo, and Kuzma some real help lol
  • GCMD likes this

#1008 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,974 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2019 - 12:28 PM

In other words, the Lakers need to cut their losses and get rid of Lebron for players that can at least get this team to the playoffs.  People still can't accept that this isnt the same Lebron in the same Conference.  There are no easy days in the WC.  I expect another major injury this coming season.

So the answer is to trade the best player in the game for some other player that is better that will help guys who know nothing other than losing in the NBA get to the playoffs?  Got it, now get back to cleaning the toilet or whatever you do during the day.

• GCMD likes this

#1009 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts

Posted April 15, 2019 - 02:24 PM

So the answer is to trade the best player in the game for some other player that is better that will help guys who know nothing other than losing in the NBA get to the playoffs? Got it, now get back to cleaning the toilet or whatever you do during the day.

Yada yada yada ..... the “best player in the game” is off filming a cartoon while the rest of the NBA moves on.... now get back to slurping that OLD legends sack...

#1010 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts

Posted April 15, 2019 - 02:25 PM

Yup time to trade LeBron so we can get Ingram, Lonzo, and Kuzma some real help lol

Pretty much...... tell me Leonard would not have been a better fit for this team instead of No D Lebron....

#1011 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,974 posts

Posted April 15, 2019 - 03:09 PM

Pretty much...... tell me Leonard would not have been a better fit for this team instead of No D Lebron....

Okay. He wouldn’t have. Nobody in the nba is gonna make this dysfunctional team a winner. They have been very near the worst team in the league for 6 years. Happy now?

#1012 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,362 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted April 16, 2019 - 10:36 AM

Okay. He wouldn’t have. Nobody in the nba is gonna make this dysfunctional team a winner. They have been very near the worst team in the league for 6 years. Happy now?

last year says otherwise

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#1013 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,224 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 16, 2019 - 05:46 PM

My sarcasm meter must be broken because you act like you're serious while saying things that are ridiculous.

• bfc1125roy and lakerfan98 like this

#1014 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,974 posts

Posted April 16, 2019 - 06:36 PM

Leonard has played his entire career with supporting casts as good or better than LeBron has ever had, I think the results speak for themselves.  Not saying he isn't a great player, he is, but you are comparing an all star to a transcendent level, once in a lifetime player.  Kawhi wouldn't get this team to the playoffs, neither would Kyrie, Klay or anyone else, its going to be a group effort from top to bottom, they already have the key piece in LeBron and they need to fill in the rest this offseason.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)