知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 7,265 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2019 - 12:29 PM

Luke Walton's coaching job is safe in wake of loss to Hawks

https://www.latimes....0213-story.html

0iNkSmB.jpg

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#682 I Love Lebron

I Love Lebron

I suck Lebron's toes.

• 12,073 posts

Posted February 13, 2019 - 12:33 PM

It wasn’t his fault

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#683 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,653 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 13, 2019 - 04:43 PM

Pathetic......this season cant end soon enough....

At least we can watch Lonzo develop

#684 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,963 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 13, 2019 - 06:23 PM

🙄

Bye for now

#685 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 29,552 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 13, 2019 - 07:47 PM

Lame duck coach.

#686 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted February 13, 2019 - 09:41 PM

Luke will finish up the season, yes.  Next season, a new Coach gets a fresh start.  It wouldn't make sense to bring in a new Coach now.  Let Luke finish out the season and show Lakernation that he's incapable of getting us to the playoffs - nobody will be surprised or upset when he gets fired this Summer.  

Won't be surprised if he gets fired within a few days of the end of the reg season.

#687 Darth N1ck

Darth N1ck

Rookie

• 31 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 14, 2019 - 05:35 AM

Who the [expletive] are we going to get as a coach that'd be better than Luke Walton?

Phil Jackson?  :blink:

#688 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,358 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 14, 2019 - 09:19 AM

I can't believe that there are odds that Jason Kidd would be considered as the next head coach. Hasn't his previous 2 coaching stints been failures?

I cannot see Phil coaching because the triangle is old and the way this current roster is set up... nah

Who would everybody in this forum agree to bring on as head coach? Or the larger percentage go for? I am really curious

#689 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,963 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 09:27 AM

Lester Green

Bye for now

#690 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,963 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 09:42 AM

I really dislike when people’s excuse is who can we get better this year. Ever hear addition by subtraction? I’d rather Luke and his mismanagement be gone. Then hopefully we can recoup some value out of the kids and see what happens this summer. Plus we will have an excuse for missing the playoffs. Can’t fire the players. The coaches know what time it is when teams play like this for them. Luke has had a longer rope than any coach we had in a while. For what? We haven’t won anything any improvement was slight. I can’t wait till it comes out that Jeanie is the one who doesn’t want to fire Luke.

Bye for now
  • Tensai likes this

#691 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,963 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 09:43 AM

I really dislike when people’s excuse is who can we get better this year. Ever hear addition by subtraction? I’d rather Luke and his mismanagement be gone. Then hopefully we can recoup some value out of the kids and see what happens this summer. Plus we will have an excuse for missing the playoffs. Can’t fire the players. The coaches know what time it is when teams play like this for them. Luke has had a longer rope than any coach we had in a while. For what? We haven’t won anything any improvement was slight. I can’t wait till it comes out that Jeanie is the one who doesn’t want to fire Luke.

Bye for now
  • Tensai likes this

#692 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,963 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 09:44 AM

Bye for now
  • Tensai likes this

#693 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,963 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 09:43 AM

Bye for now
  • Tensai likes this

#694 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,142 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 14, 2019 - 09:57 AM

Bye for now

You really dislike it so much that you posted the exact same comment 4 times?  Seriously tho, Luke has no offensive scheme, the team doesn't play to its strength and if they are allegedly only practicing defense, then they are failing at that as well.  While we will not find a great coach in the middle of the season, you also get the addition by subtraction, plus if they are planning to get rid of him then there is literally nothing to lose, they have lost to a who's who of the bottom feeders in the NBA and they can't really get much lower on a team that has LeBron James, what are you going to do, go from losing almost every game to actually losing every game, big whoop.  You might catch lightning in a bottle, you might find your next head coach and you might find someone who can utilize the talent that the Lakers have.  They have okay players, they are definitely not playing well or to their strengths, that is on coaching.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#695 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,613 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 10:21 AM

Lol.

Let's just get this over with. It is not about 'ability' anymore. It's like you people have never had relationship. It doesn't matter how hard you work to make a relationship successful. If it is meant to end, it is gonna end.

• Busty Bluth likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#696 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,711 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 14, 2019 - 12:04 PM

Luke isn't the only issue...maginka miscalculated

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#697 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted February 14, 2019 - 12:56 PM

Some people will think Luke didn't get a chance.  That's one reason why you let him finish out the season.  Second:  When we bring in a new Coach, we want to give him a fresh start.  Public perception is important, so you want to give every Coach a fair shot - or at least appear to do so.  We also don't want to appear like we're scrambling or desperate to make the 8th seed.

Luke Walton will therefore not get canned mid-season.  It will happen during the Summer.  

You really dislike it so much that you posted the exact same comment 4 times?  Seriously tho, Luke has no offensive scheme, the team doesn't play to its strength and if they are allegedly only practicing defense, then they are failing at that as well.  While we will not find a great coach in the middle of the season, you also get the addition by subtraction, plus if they are planning to get rid of him then there is literally nothing to lose, they have lost to a who's who of the bottom feeders in the NBA and they can't really get much lower on a team that has LeBron James, what are you going to do, go from losing almost every game to actually losing every game, big whoop.  You might catch lightning in a bottle, you might find your next head coach and you might find someone who can utilize the talent that the Lakers have.  They have okay players, they are definitely not playing well or to their strengths, that is on coaching.

#698 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 10,109 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 01:05 PM

I think Luke will stay unless a significantly better coach suddenly hits the market.

Everyone is behind him. It hasn’t even been discussed to fire him. Not after either of our horrible losses to the Knicks, Cavs, or Hawks. It’s also important to note that the front office is realizing they [expletive]ed up in assembling this roster. The injuries and the deadline leaks didn’t help anything. Might’ve hurt more than anything.

Yeah, Luke has some [expletive]ty rotations and needs help on offense, but he’s not the only issue and I think those are 2 fixable things. He’ll probably be back.

Edited by Massacre, February 14, 2019 - 01:06 PM.

#699 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,963 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 01:49 PM

Bye for now

Absolutely. Tapatalk is my echo chamber.

Bye for now

#700 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,963 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 01:51 PM

Lol.

Let's just get this over with. It is not about 'ability' anymore. It's like you people have never had relationship. It doesn't matter how hard you work to make a relationship successful. If it is meant to end, it is gonna end.

Lmao

Bye for now

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users