#161 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,581 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:24 PM

Now, lets get serious, Nance is out so I'm really hoping Luke doesn't [expletive] this up again with his weird rotations. Kuz MUST be at the starting five now, everybody knows that, so please Luke... please.

#162 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:26 PM

WHY WOULD YOU PUT INGRAM ON LILLARD AT THE END?

KCP was doing a good job. Was this some kind of cruel learning experience, trying to throw Ingram into the fire? Either way it cost us the game.

Bruh what more could have been done that was just a great shot.
  • ChichoGarcy likes this

#163 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,605 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:29 PM

Ingram isn't quick enough to defend him. As a result had to give him too much room and was too slow to react on the step back. He also hadn't defended him much all game, so why would you randomly stick him on Lillard at the end???

KCP is our best perimeter defender and the better option. We know Lillard is capable of hitting those shots, just a bad decision by Luke. One of many this game.

#164 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:42 PM

Ingram isn't quick enough to defend him. As a result had to give him too much room and was too slow to react on the step back. He also hadn't defended him much all game, so why would you randomly stick him on Lillard at the end???

KCP is our best perimeter defender and the better option. We know Lillard is capable of hitting those shots, just a bad decision by Luke. One of many this game.

He contested the shot. Lillard was 4 feet behind the three point line and made a hell of a shot. I dont know what you were watching. Wait ypur then one that started this ridiculous thread and you think B Scott would be a better coach so i see where your coming from

Edited by erfolk, November 02, 2017 - 09:44 PM.

• Rekal and ChichoGarcy like this

#165 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,605 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:54 PM

He contested the shot. Lillard was 4 feet behind the three point line and made a hell of a shot. I dont know what you were watching. Wait ypur then one that started this ridiculous thread and you think B Scott would be a better coach so i see where your coming from

1) How many times did Ingram guard Lillard the whole game?

2) Why was that a good idea to just put him out in the cold on the last minute?

3) Is Ingram our best perimeter defender?

0 (effectively). No reason. No. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, November 02, 2017 - 09:57 PM.

#166 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,581 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 10:06 PM

Say no more, I'm sold. Fire busto Luke and get Byron back. WE WANT WINS!!!
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#167 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,367 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 02, 2017 - 10:20 PM

Say no more, I'm sold. Fire busto Luke and get Byron back. WE WANT WINS!!!

It's Luke Buston

#168 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,581 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 10:20 PM

That was me beeing ironic. Man I'm not high on Luke either but you can't overreact at every Laker loss, we played pretty well tonight. One thing was that game against the Clippers, that was unacceptable, but this team has beeing showing good signs since then, especially this two last games, playing very good defense. We're beeing competitive, that's enough for me. We all want the Lakers to win, but lets get real, take one good look at our roster and tell me if we deserve more wins than losses this season.
  • kball likes this

#169 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,744 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 11:22 PM

Lol from just a plain and simple account of what actually happened on the floor you're wrong.
Posted Image

#170 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,605 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 11:28 PM

Lol from just a plain and simple account of what actually happened on the floor you're wrong.

So Ingram reacted well and was consistently defending Lillard all game, so he knew how to play him properly? He was also our best perimeter defender all night too right? 

You clearly didn't watch the game. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, November 02, 2017 - 11:28 PM.

#171 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,744 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 11:49 PM

So Ingram reacted well and was consistently defending Lillard all game, so he knew how to play him properly? He was also our best perimeter defender all night too right?

You clearly didn't watch the game.

Its interesting how you don't see the simple fact that none of that matters.

All that matters is what happened on the actual play which was Lillard taking a step back 3 from way behind the 3 point line

It's weird how Reggie miller (100 times the basketball knowledge of you) liked the move

It's weird how the move produced a tough shot

That's like saying kobes 2 3s against Portland in 2004 were because the coach didn't put the right guys on kobe. Nope kobe just made the better shots

Oh and I did watch the game. But what's worse me not watching the game or you not understanding what you're watching?
  • UKUGA likes this
Posted Image

#172 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,605 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 12:01 AM

It's weird how Reggie miller (100 times the basketball knowledge of you) liked the move

LOL at an appeal to authority in Reggie [expletive]ing Miller. He's one of the worst analysts out there right now. 

Ingram's too slow. Gave him too much space. Right before the step back you can see Lillard practically has a wide open shot. If Ingram bodied up harder, Lillard would have blown by him. That's why you put a guy like KCP on him. Ingram isn't ready to be a Leonard or Butler who can handle quicker point guards. If he was, he would have been guarding Lillard all game. 

You can see it in this video if you pause at 1:21

Edited by bfc1125roy, November 03, 2017 - 12:05 AM.

#173 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,744 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 12:17 AM

The game was tied. Ask any basketball mind with any knowledge. They would take a contested step back 3 from a few feet behind the line over anything going towards the basket 10/10 times. Lillard had 16 seconds and a tie game.

And you can bash Reggie miller all you want and he COULD be the worst analyst and still despite that, he's more knowledgeable than you guaranteed.
Posted Image

#174 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,605 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 12:43 AM

The game was tied. Ask any basketball mind with any knowledge. They would take a contested step back 3 from a few feet behind the line over anything going towards the basket 10/10 times. Lillard had 16 seconds and a tie game.

And you can bash Reggie miller all you want and he COULD be the worst analyst and still despite that, he's more knowledgeable than you guaranteed.

I showed you the footage. Ingram was giving Lillard a lot of space even when there was only 3 seconds left on the clock and before Lilllard even made a move. The reason was that Ingram was scared of the drive and couldn't play him closer while still cutting off the lane.

You don't EVER give a guy like Lillard that much room. Especially when he had been playing well prior to that point and has a history of hitting clutch 3s. Ingram had to because he's not quick enough to keep up with fast point guards. If we had a better defender on him, he would have been able to play him closer while still preventing the drive. Bad coaching decision. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, November 03, 2017 - 12:44 AM.

#175 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 12:53 AM

1) How many times did Ingram guard Lillard the whole game?

2) Why was that a good idea to just put him out in the cold on the last minute?

3) Is Ingram our best perimeter defender?

0 (effectively). No reason. No.

What could have KCP done that Ingram didnt do. But again you think Byron would be a good option so i see where your mind set is
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this

#176 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,605 posts

Posted November 03, 2017 - 01:14 AM

What could have KCP done that Ingram didnt do. But again you think Byron would be a good option so i see where your mind set is

Give him less space on the perimeter. 

#177 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,377 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 03, 2017 - 06:03 AM

Dame is nails.

No matter what, he's a big time shot maker.

Made the go ahead layup driving through the entire laker defense play before.

That was my favorite laker game of the year this early in the season.

Big comeback. Everyone playing well.

Big time shot by KCP to tie it up

Damn good game that should end like it did either by them or by us.

I rarely expected lakers to be in close games at the end this season so they are outperforming in every way imo.

I like Walton's decision. If KCP isn't here next season, maybe they're grooming BI to be the stopper on late game superstar game winning plays. Many of which will be by the leagues killer guards. At least thats what i think Lukes long game might be

Edited by kball, November 03, 2017 - 06:04 AM.

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#178 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 402 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 03, 2017 - 10:09 AM

Not Luke's fault we don't have LeBron or Demarcus Cousins yet to close out last night's game.

The Lakers have been outperforming.

• DaSmoothOperator and Rekal like this

#179 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 03, 2017 - 12:00 PM

Theres no way Byron is coming back foolish wish theres no reason to toss Luke all coaches have good and bad. some more than others the players play the coaches coach remember he can't guard from the bench. this team would have won vs Porland if they would have hit af few free throws. Way better than last season, just let them gel a bit wait til Xmas!

#180 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,403 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 03, 2017 - 12:20 PM

Luke has made questionable decisions so far this season, but putting our longest and most athletic guy on Lillard was the best thing he could do.

Great offense > great defense every single time. I mean we Lakers fans should KNOW THIS. Kobe Bryant was the prime example of this.

• Xinxin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users