220 replies to this topic

#141 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,605 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 31, 2017 - 08:37 PM

I can see the offense developing. I was pleased with how they played on both ends of the floor tonight. 

20 point win?

• GCMD likes this

#142 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,591 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 31, 2017 - 08:38 PM

Six games into the Lakers 2017-18 season and the Lakers are currently ranked 11th in defense and 29th in offense.

After this game probably
10th and 26th

#143 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,295 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 01, 2017 - 04:51 AM

Lakers win... Walton is great!

#144 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,665 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 01, 2017 - 05:53 AM

I can see the offense developing. I was pleased with how they played on both ends of the floor tonight. 

They passed a little too much last night. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#145 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 382 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 01, 2017 - 09:32 AM

Luke Walton is staying.

He didn't have any of these problems when he coached the Warriors for more than half of the season that year they went 73-9.

It's the fault of the players. Is Luke really suppose to yell at the players every single play all the time to attack the basket, to stop taking half-hearted contested 3s as the shot clock is winding down, to call out screens on defense and switch out, to run back on transition and give every shot a good contest?

The Lakers are looking better already. Luke ain't going anywhere this season. And if we fire Luke, who do we bring in?

Greg Popovich would have the same record with this team as Luke currently does now. Want more proof the burden is ultimately on the players? When Pop coached USA select against Coach K last year, they got freaking smoked. Just sat out D'Lo and Randle towards the end, what was the point. Does that mean Popovich is the wrong selection to be the next coach of Team USA?

Was it Larry Brown's fault USA won bronze in 2004? A lot of people said it was. But it wasn't Larry Brown's fault Allen Iverson, Richard Jefferson, Stephon Marbury, LeBron James, and Dwyane Wade all can't hit open 3s. It wasn't his fault Colorado happened, and peak Kobe Bryant couldn't participate in the games despite his fervent intention to after 2002.

Luke will be given ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way until the end of this season, and alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way until mid-season next season after acquisitions are made, before another assessment is made. And in all honesty, Pelinka will probably renew regardless. Because there is no other coach in the NBA that would produce better results. 

Because I am The Game, and I am

THAT

DAMN 

GOOD.

#146 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 382 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 01, 2017 - 09:36 AM

And by the way

"If anything, the Lakers are TOO good defensively, tee-hee."

IS A MUCH BETTER PROBLEM TO HAVE THAN:

"On defense they are [expletive]ing pathetic."

I will take our current defensive/offensive ranking.

As far as offense goes, don't complicate things.

Dump it in the post and attack the paint.

#147 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,269 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 01, 2017 - 03:21 PM

Luke wanted to put nance back in the 4th but Jr said Kuzma was hot. Lmao jr is clearly an asset on the bench helping coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#148 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 01, 2017 - 03:23 PM

Hahaha

Also they took better shots than they should have

• Busty Bluth and MaceWindu like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#149 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,765 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 01, 2017 - 03:51 PM

Wait. Your serious aren't you. :D

#150 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 07:01 AM

You obviously haven't seen the Warriors play much in the last couple of years (j/k)...

When this offense is running right, the passing gets absurd.  People pass up good shots to get a GREAT SHOT for someone else.  It's exactly how I learned and it's very close to how I coach.  Only difference?  When I coach, my kids know that I will bench them for being afraid to shoot quicker than for shooting too much when they are open.  No bad shots but if you're open?  Let it fly.  The goal is to compete and HAVE FUN.  If it's not fun, why do it?

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#151 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 02, 2017 - 12:12 PM

seriously folks wait til these guys gel for a bit like Xmas sure you have the right to comment but fire the coach yeah great idea team of rookies or near ones and what did you expect 7-0? We are doing just about what I expected but hope they gel soon and get on a run run run!!!

#152 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 05:38 PM

Only gripe I have is with some of the lineups and with not playing Randle at C with the starters late in games.  I would comment on Ingram's increased Face-up, Clear-out ISOs but I'm going to wait to see how that progresses and if he learns to produce moving without the basketball.

tenor.gif

#153 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,605 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:08 PM

WHY WOULD YOU PUT INGRAM ON LILLARD AT THE END?

KCP was doing a good job. Was this some kind of cruel learning experience, trying to throw Ingram into the fire? Either way it cost us the game.

#154 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 7,120 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:12 PM

WHY WOULD YOU PUT INGRAM ON LILLARD AT THE END?

KCP was doing a good job. Was this some kind of cruel learning experience, trying to throw Ingram into the fire? Either way it cost us the game.

yeahhh that was a questionable decision

"Busto Ball" - troll

#155 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,729 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:14 PM

Huh? Lillard shot from like 4 feet behind the three point line. Like coached the hell out of that game and the lakers played great. Y'all need the chillest of pills
  • KidRN and ChichoGarcy like this
Posted Image

#156 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,341 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:15 PM

Stop it...Ingram played excellent defense on that possession. Lillard simply hit a clutch shot. This one is not on Luke.

#157 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 7,120 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:17 PM

Huh? Lillard shot from like 4 feet behind the three point line. Like coached the hell out of that game and the lakers played great. Y'all need the chillest of pills

yeah, but ingrams lateral quickness isn't KCP's. Ingram was standing back cause he was scared of a drive-by game was tied so he had more options either pull up, step back 3, drive by for possible foul or wide open layup. Plus, KCP's been in those situations more.

nonetheless he hit a tough shot either way.

Edited by Ham, November 02, 2017 - 09:17 PM.

"Busto Ball" - troll

#158 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,465 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:20 PM

Lol this thread... Lillard made that amazing step back 3 so... Yeah! Ingram wasn't the man for that play!! Lets fire Luke [expletive]ing Walton!!! 🤣🤣🤣

#159 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 7,120 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:21 PM

lol just cause im posting in here doesnt mean i want luke fired. hes still young coach let him learn. as a fan i can criticize his decisions.

Edited by Ham, November 02, 2017 - 09:22 PM.

"Busto Ball" - troll

#160 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,502 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 09:23 PM

Looooool at dude running in here trying to blame Luke after Lillard hits a 30 footer. Great shot, nothing you can do about that. Ingram's length made that a very difficult shot for Dame if you want to be technical.

Good defense, better offense.

Edited by Massacre, November 02, 2017 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users