Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:12 PM

The Suns are terrible and they will beat us by 20

Bite your tongue.

#342 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:14 PM

What an awful team we've assembled that our front office hyped up.

Luke with highly questionable lineups as well. Deng in the starting line up, at the 3 no less? Unjustifiable and stupid

• UKUGA, Olabebeh and ChichoGarcy like this

#343 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,466 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:15 PM

If we play like this again, the Suns can win by 20, this was amateur hour

#344 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,733 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:18 PM

When did I say chemistry means nothing?

Your argument was that a lineup change can make this a more competitive game. I argue that no lineup change can overcome the lack of talent or young guys playing vets.

I’m not sure why you’re so adamantly against that point. The debate came into if a lineup change can overcome a more talented team. I said it can’t. I was trying to tell you that you can change the lineup all you want to, but it won’t make a lick of difference if you’re outmatched.

I never said a lineup change would overcome talent. I said it would improve on court performance which would improve how the team plays

And yes you've said the chemistry doesn't matter several times

And you hammered it home repeatedly when in reality the argument wasn't even being addressed. Bad lineups exacerbate issues. Lineups that fit together tighten things up. That's how basketball has always worked. I never said finding the right lineup would make the lakers a 50 win team. Which was the argument you created

I said the lakers could have played more cohesively with a better fitting lineup to which you responded with lineup wouldn't change anything

Um yes, a lineup with players that fit together more sensibly from a basketball perspective would create Better on court performance as players games are complimenting each other's as opposed to hurting them
  • UKUGA, JGuez and lakerfan98 like this
Posted Image

#345 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,765 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:21 PM

I guess Randle is pissed off at Luke for not being in the starting lineup. This guy is entitled.

#346 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:23 PM

I guess Randle is pissed off at Luke for not being in the starting lineup. This guy is entitled.

Doesn't make it right nor justifiable, but I would be pissed if I worked my ass off all summer just to be replaced by a guy whose only skill is dunking.

Nance played a good game tonight, but his capabilities are severely limiting and don't do enough to make the rest of the team play better. 

I'm just frustrated at the moment.... 

• UKUGA, MaceWindu and ChichoGarcy like this

#347 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,466 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:44 PM

ESPN having a blast

a8e8f6ae6c3ec8ea6c5b7c9f095bcd0b.jpg068d1536a187661342773bbdc94c6330.jpg

#348 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,406 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:50 PM

3rd Rounder

Who needs 3rd round talent when we've been grooming Vander Blue for years?  

#349 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,362 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:56 PM

My take:
1. First game jitters
2. Not a complete team since we dont have kcp(so its too early and unfair to judge them as a team)
3. No go to guy for this team
4. Im sure we will improve but i dont think itll be much
5. Agree and disagree: that this is ball's first game, might be jitters, but other rookies played better so not a good excuse
6. Dont think luke is the right guy (will go back to what i said before) ettore messina shouldve been hired although wasnt opposed to luke but that anothers topic. Really showing what luke's capability and whats lacking with him as a coach
7. If ingram doesnt improve his shooting this year, he will never improve( i hope im wrong)
8. Randle and clarkson is a waste (jc played well but theres still something wrong with how he plays

#350 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,406 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:57 PM

If the honeymoon is over for Luke and Ingram I shudder to think of the chaos this board will devolve into.

• UKUGA likes this

#351 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,661 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 10:25 PM

A few notes:

Overall i'm not really down on this game.

Lonzo looks good. He was poised and setting people up all night, but is not to blame for their misses. Also tried hard on the defensive end.

Ingram still is too much in his own head. At least 4-5 shots of his were forced. Remove those and his shooting wouldn't look as bad given that he gets to the line a lot. His passing is pretty good.

Rebounding is an issue. Other than Lonzo - who could be top 10 in rebounding among PGs this season - we were awful, which isn't good for a team that once to grab and go. Lopez grabed 2 defensive boards - DJ 15.

• Olabebeh likes this

#352 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,369 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 20, 2017 - 02:46 AM

It's 12:45 AM and it just hit me again..

WE [expletive]ING SUCK!! Its been 5 years man. Jeanie/Busses get it together!!

#353 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 20, 2017 - 03:05 AM

But you can use menstrual blood to paint the 45th President of the United States.

http://www.dailymail...ood-tampon.html

Thats actually quite good.  Some real talent there.

Next up...feces

Edited by kball, October 20, 2017 - 03:06 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#354 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 03:28 AM

They haven’t gelled yet it’ll take a while but don’t give up hope in the first game

Gave up IN THE FIRST HALF

Edited by kball, October 20, 2017 - 03:52 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#355 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 03:51 AM

Worried that i'm more proud of our posters here than i am of our team after 1 game.

BTW in the prediction thread i said team would lose about 32 games by double digits.

1 down

31 to go

(side note...7 of Lakers 12 worst losses of ALL TIME took place in last 2 years, so we've been not only bad but embarrassingly so for a while. It continues)

Edited by kball, October 20, 2017 - 03:55 AM.

• UKUGA likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#356 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,765 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 20, 2017 - 06:52 AM

Honestly, I wasn't expecting us to win this one. What I was expecting was to see a somewhat competitive game. I wanted to see how all that hard work they put in during the offseason was going to pay off. I was shocked to see how unprepared we were and I don't think my expectation level was out of sorts.

• UKUGA, JGuez and ChichoGarcy like this

#357 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 08:35 AM

Honestly, I wasn't expecting us to win this one. What I was expecting was to see a somewhat competitive game. I wanted to see how all that hard work they put in during the offseason was going to pay off. I was shocked to see how unprepared we were and I don't think my expectation level was out of sorts.

During the off season I thought we were a 35 win team, but after last night if we're going to play like that and have these type of lineups I think we may be worse than last year.

#358 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,227 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 20, 2017 - 11:01 AM

It's evident... we have no offensive identity.

We all knew defense was going to be an issue but boy am I surprised at how out of sorts, unorganized, and simply garbage our offense is.  It honestly looked like pick-up basketball at my local 24 during 90% of that game.

• kball, martin90 and ChichoGarcy like this

#359 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted October 20, 2017 - 05:37 PM

Next up...feces

poop_undercliff_state_hospital.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users