60 replies to this topic

#41 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,381 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 30, 2017 - 05:00 AM

Another great game last night, losing against the Pistons. So... who else is salty about Swaggy P?

b314c6a1731379f925d6b0c995df31c3.jpg

These 6 guys beat our full team in a playoff series.

*sigh*

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#42 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2017 - 06:55 AM

Another great game last night, losing against the Pistons. So... who else is salty about Swaggy P?

b314c6a1731379f925d6b0c995df31c3.jpg

Nick's a streaky shooter. If you're only giving him 13 minutes and allow him to get off 2 shots, you're not really taking advantage of what he brings to the table. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#43 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,222 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Sure you are. In 13 mins he can hit 2-3 good open shots and play just enough to NOT be the defensive liability that he is. 

Nick's a streaky shooter. If you're only giving him 13 minutes and allow him to get off 2 shots, you're not really taking advantage of what he brings to the table. 

• bigvee likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#44 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 30, 2017 - 01:33 PM

Nick's an average player who's 32 years old, good shooter and subpar defender despite the progress shown last season. I think panic mode makes us fans think and say things like this. Lakers will be a losing team this season, Young would make no difference. I rather see Hart playing strong minutes than a guy with no upside that would cost us more $. The only "what if" for me is D-Lo playing SG alongside Lonzo.

Edited by ChichoGarcy, October 30, 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#45 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,140 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 31, 2017 - 10:54 AM

Swaggy has done the same for us once or twice

#46 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,140 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 31, 2017 - 10:57 AM

Nick's an average player who's 32 years old, good shooter and subpar defender despite the progress shown last season. I think panic mode makes us fans think and say things like this. Lakers will be a losing team this season, Young would make no difference. I rather see Hart playing strong minutes than a guy with no upside that would cost us more $. The only "what if" for me is D-Lo playing SG alongside Lonzo.

Defensively you really didn't want to see that. I will say I'm really amped on what Heart is going to look like 12 months from now

#47 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 31, 2017 - 08:41 PM

These 6 guys beat our full team in a playoff series.
*sigh*

Lol. Get some sleep

#48 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts

Posted October 31, 2017 - 08:52 PM

He's not a Laker so why should we care what he's doing?  I certainly don't.

• martin90 likes this

tenor.gif

#49 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 01, 2017 - 04:50 AM

Who's Swaggy?

• GCMD likes this

#50 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,401 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 01, 2017 - 09:44 AM

I didn’t like him when he was a Laker. I cheered he’d play well here but I never liked him. Along with Matt Barnes and Ruben Patterson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ChichoGarcy and LACAS like this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#51 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts

Posted November 01, 2017 - 10:13 AM

Ruben Patterson 🤣🤣🤣 The "Kobe stopper" 🤣🤣🤣

#52 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 01, 2017 - 10:19 AM

Daaaaayum Busty is preaching!!!!

#53 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 07:55 AM

He was funny...sorta like Comedic relief.  That was when Kobe was here.  

Once Kobe left, it was kinda annoying.

Not sure why we are still talking about him...kinda like reminiscing on Chucky Atkins or Ramon Seesions or Tierre Brown or Smush Parker or Jeremy Lin...they were here and now they aren't.  No big.  DEFINITELY not thread worthy, IMHO.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#54 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,418 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 02, 2017 - 10:19 AM

The OP's question has been answered.  Nobody.  

#55 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 02, 2017 - 12:05 PM

rather go see Thor

• GCMD likes this

#56 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 12:11 PM

Lets ask Kobe

bfe08d2a8085433a3d27af3c98c469b3.gif
  • GCMD likes this

#57 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 402 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 03, 2017 - 09:44 AM

Salty about Young? No. No man. Happy for him that he's in the situation he's in. Wish nothing but the best for him. He eventually forgave DLo after what happened. That was really cool of him, he didn't have to do that. He's a good guy.

That being said, he was a bad influence to this locker room. He was making them think it was ok to openly go out and party during the season while their team is still losing. That's not ok. His influence, along with DLo, also contributed to the culture, the locker room, not really caring about defense.

It's not that both those guys aren't willing to play defense, both those guys don't really know what that is. That's just not their makeup. When I played briefly at LACC I would look on at players bitterly and think, I'm gonna shut this [expletive] down. Do you think Nick Young and Deangelo Russell have that resentful passion towards defense? Deangelo looks scared like he's not trying to get yelled at, and Nick is just trying to get "buckets"

So no man, wish nothing for the best for both of them.

And Luke ain't going anywhere brotaco. It doesn't matter what the Lakers final record is this season. Pick any coach in the world to takeover, the outcome would still be the same. Philly stayed patient with Brett Brown (this is the most obvious case of "It's Not The Coach's Fault" in the history of the NBA) and now they got Simmons and Embiid and their doing EH-ok. Give these guys another season to develop and some more offseason acquisitions to be made and midway into next season we can make another assessment. To fire him now would be premature. Let him do his job.

• manaro90 likes this

#58 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,254 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 03, 2017 - 10:24 AM

Salty about Young? No. No man. Happy for him that he's in the situation he's in. Wish nothing but the best for him. He eventually forgave DLo after what happened. That was really cool of him, he didn't have to do that. He's a good guy.

That being said, he was a bad influence to this locker room. He was making them think it was ok to openly go out and party during the season while their team is still losing. That's not ok. His influence, along with DLo, also contributed to the culture, the locker room, not really caring about defense.

It's not that both those guys aren't willing to play defense, both those guys don't really know what that is. That's just not their makeup. When I played briefly at LACC I would look on at players bitterly and think, I'm gonna shut this [expletive] down. Do you think Nick Young and Deangelo Russell have that resentful passion towards defense? Deangelo looks scared like he's not trying to get yelled at, and Nick is just trying to get "buckets"

And Luke ain't going anywhere brotaco. It doesn't matter what the Lakers final record is this season. Pick any coach in the world to takeover, the outcome would still be the same. Philly stayed patient with Brett Brown (this is the most obvious case of "It's Not The Coach's Fault" in the history of the NBA) and now they got Simmons and Embiid and their doing EH-ok. Give these guys another season to develop and some more offseason acquisitions to be made and midway into next season we can make another assessment. To fire him now would be premature. Let him do his job.

great post

dont understand the hate for nick young. he was really a great funny guy!

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#59 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 03, 2017 - 11:55 AM

Tough for kids coming up only watching Sportscenter to see players and then 90% is offense so they forget the way the game is won is defense, look at GSW, they play great team defense and win. Lakers are playing somewhat better this season so far. 35 wins or more my guess.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, November 03, 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#60 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 16, 2017 - 04:11 PM

I watched one of their games last week....Swaggy was balling out. Getting steals, droppin' dimes, and pulling up for threes as well. He looks comfortable out there. Good for him. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users