#21 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 19, 2017 - 07:08 AM

I don't watch the Warriors. 

Then you're missing Draymond punch, kick, and bite guys in the package!

• UKUGA likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#22 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 07:55 AM

Maybe we should emulate this "greatest offense of all time" to some degree. I know we don't have an equivalent roster, but I don't see us utilizing the right principles.

Meanwhile Russell scores 30 after working with Kenny Atkinson all summer;

He scored 30 here as well
  • UKUGA likes this
Posted Image

#23 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 19, 2017 - 08:40 AM

Not salty at all. Outside of the years with Byron Scott, I would say Young outperformed his role here. He was one of the few bright spots of the 13-14 season, and he actually was giving effort on the defensive end. 

He's best as a sparkplug off the bench. He'll thrive in the floor spacing of Kerr's offense with some of the best shooters in the league around him.

We were trying to make Young a starter, our top defender, best shooter, etc while playing with rookies and an unestablished system. Can't expect him to shoot lights out everyday (he won't even do that with the Warriors). 

#24 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 08:44 AM

Just getting minutes with that all star squad that brought back almost everyone is a pretty nice achievement .

Here's guessing he has maybe 40 games of 15+ points

Maybe even a few 25 point games.

Which is pretty impressive as they already will have 3 guys over 20ppg

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#25 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,675 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:01 AM

Nick was actually a great signing by the Warriors. He gives them yet another hot shooter to pick up the slack when any combination of their stars have an off-night. It's just the rich getting richer. 

Big loss for the Lakers, while Nick wasn't without some weaknesses, his shooting is head and shouldlers above anything possible by any current player on the roster. To put things into perspective....with Nick/Lou/D-Lo, the Lakers lost their top three perimeter shooters from last season. Those shooters were the very thing that Lonzo needed to be more effective. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#26 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 10:41 AM

Nick was actually a great signing by the Warriors. He gives them yet another hot shooter to pick up the slack when any combination of their stars have an off-night. It's just the rich getting richer. 

Big loss for the Lakers, while Nick wasn't without some weaknesses, his shooting is head and shouldlers above anything possible by any current player on the roster. To put things into perspective....with Nick/Lou/D-Lo, the Lakers lost their top only three perimeter shooters from last season. Those shooters were the very thing that Lonzo needed to be more effective. 

Fixed for accuracy

• kray28 and LakeShow1o1 like this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#27 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,229 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 19, 2017 - 11:40 AM

D'Angelo Russell and Nick Young, the phone/snitch scandal duo was probably our only viable offensive producers last season.  

Unfortunate to see them gone, but happy to see that they both had tremendous performances when debuting with their new teams.

#28 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,305 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 19, 2017 - 11:55 AM

They moved on and so have I... deuces. 

#29 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,374 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 19, 2017 - 02:37 PM

I'm more salty that we didn't get high enough for Wiggins/Embiid, KAT, Ben Simmons, and Fultz.

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 04:26 PM

I'm more salty that we didn't get high enough for Wiggins/Embiid, KAT, Ben Simmons, and Fultz.

KAT is the only one on that list that I'm bummed on missing. Wiggins is solid, but I don't love his progression at all. Embiid is laughable health wise and until he proves otherwise I won't cry over missing out on him. The 76ers drafted him and they barely have him more than we do. Fultz is unproven. And Ben Simmons has nice stats but I've seen him play once in preseason and the opener and I actually haven't loved his play. He has moments and maybe he'll become great but I haven't loved his play yet. But with him its early
Posted Image

#31 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,315 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 19, 2017 - 08:23 PM

Who? Not at all. Couldn’t care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#32 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,675 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted October 19, 2017 - 10:16 PM

Could have used Swaggy P tonight. Our other ace shooter, Sweet Lou killed us early. 

Sorry, I am officially [expletive]ing tired of losing and Magic just emptied the cupboard of all of our perimeter shooters this offseason. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 11:11 PM

Could have used Swaggy P tonight. Our other ace shooter, Sweet Lou killed us early.

Sorry, I am officially [expletive]ing tired of losing and Magic just emptied the cupboard of all of our perimeter shooters this offseason.

I was in favor of jj reddick. I've also been barking up the Fournier bandwagon for a while. Problem is I believe our assets have faltered a bit. We are lacking shooters, but we're not void. I do believe part of the problem is not putting the shooters out there together. Well our better shooters anyways. For example there's no reason clarkson isn't starting while KCP is out. And nance and Randle are both wastes at the 4. Wed be better served with kuzma starting. Or if you want veteran presence put deng at the 4, he'd improve there as opposed to the 3 which he's lost total effectiveness at

Edited by last stand 2.0, October 19, 2017 - 11:13 PM.

• kray28 likes this
Posted Image

#34 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,062 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted October 20, 2017 - 10:54 AM

He's relied on to do NOTHING but shoot in Golden State.  Here, the Lakers had nothing else, so they needed him to everything and things he simply can't do.  It's no surprise that a single-minded player like Young will thrive in a system where all he has to be is single-minded.  The same goes for Russell.  OF course they'll have good seasons, but that in no way means they're transcendent players that would do well when they're called on to actually have a well-rounded game on both ends of the court.

You weren't tired of losing after missing the playoffs once?  Hell, I was.  I knew the whole patience mantra that was thrown around here, regarding the youth would disappear fast. 

Also, who gives a crap about a player once they're gone?  You can't follow every player that was once here and live with this regret or anger towards them, it's pointless.

#35 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 20, 2017 - 11:43 AM

Randle and Nance both played better than Kuzma.

[expletive] are yall watching

#36 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 12:14 PM

Randle and Nance both played better than Kuzma.

[expletive] are yall watching

No they didn't. An argument could be made for nance, though I thought the stats were deceiving. He got bullied down low and made slow decisions offensively

And Randle was a trainwreck last night

Kuzma at least has a skill set that can help us. Randle isn't producing and his skill set is counterproductive
Posted Image

#37 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 20, 2017 - 04:42 PM

Skillset... ok. Lets see who us more productive 20 games in
  • Busty Bluth and Rekal like this

#38 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted October 21, 2017 - 07:14 PM

0/2, 0 pts in 5 min played tonight. Bring him back!!! NOW!!! 🤣🤣🤣
  • MaceWindu likes this

#39 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted October 29, 2017 - 08:58 PM

Another great game last night, losing against the Pistons. So... who else is salty about Swaggy P?

b314c6a1731379f925d6b0c995df31c3.jpg

#40 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,664 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2017 - 10:41 PM

I dont care about Nick Young at all. Would be nice to have a guy that is as good on catch-and-shoot 3s as Swaggy, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users