Photo

What should the bulls do with bobby portis?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,391 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 17, 2017 - 08:20 PM

I dont know the whole story on why it happened but im sure both were at fault, but when someone sustains an injury like that, there should be heavy repercussions.. i say portis should be fired, but thats my take, whats yours?

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,088 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 17, 2017 - 08:50 PM

Waive him and suspend him from the NBA for a year at min. Hell at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he's in jail soon. The guy is in surgery for his punch and from the sound of it, it was a total sucker punch. If it was he should go to jail.

#3 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,391 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 09:23 PM

Waive him and suspend him from the NBA for a year at min. Hell at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he's in jail soon. The guy is in surgery for his punch and from the sound of it, it was a total sucker punch. If it was he should go to jail.

I heard it was a sucker punch but i wasnt sosure, Too lazy to find the content and read. Lol bu Damn, if it was a sucker punch then that definitely warrants a serios and hefty penalty. Mirotix should sue for assault as well

#4 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 18, 2017 - 05:17 AM

Sounds really bad.

Like Rudy T bad.

I think you have to void his contract especially if lawsuits happen

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#5 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,391 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 07:08 AM

Sounds really bad.
Like Rudy T bad.
I think you have to void his contract especially if lawsuits happen

What happened with rudy t? I dont remember this lol

#6 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 07:28 AM

What happened with rudy t? I dont remember this lol

Got his face punched bad in game by laker Kermit Washington in late 70's.

Pretty much ended both their careers.

Theres been a documentary on it. 

Blood everywhere.

It was probably the most famous punch/brawl in the NBA until Malice in the Palace in 04

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,391 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 09:21 AM

Got his face punched bad in game by laker Kermit Washington in late 70's.
Pretty much ended both their careers.
Theres been a documentary on it.
Blood everywhere.
It was probably the most famous punch/brawl in the NBA until Malice in the Palace in 04

Okay, thanks for that... and i just heard portis will be supsended for only 8 games?!!!

#8 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,391 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 09:22 AM

Portis is lucky to only be suspended for 8 games, really surprised by this

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 22, 2017 - 02:53 AM

If this was complete a sucker punch like the rumors are saying then i wouldnt want Portis on the team. Suspend him without pay for as long as possible and until he can be traded.

#10 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,391 posts

Posted October 24, 2017 - 01:53 PM

If this was complete a sucker punch like the rumors are saying then i wouldnt want Portis on the team. Suspend him without pay for as long as possible and until he can be traded.

From what i hear, that is true. But theres no evidence to suggest that this really happened, all we have is what we read in the news.. should be a heavier penalty and yes i would suspend and trade him if i was the gm

#11 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,440 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 24, 2017 - 06:47 PM

Bulls heading to that tank strategy is muster ways

ap1.png

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts

Posted October 24, 2017 - 09:30 PM

From what i hear, that is true. But theres no evidence to suggest that this really happened, all we have is what we read in the news.. should be a heavier penalty and yes i would suspend and trade him if i was the gm

True.

Normally, i wouldn't mind it too much if guys ended up in a fight during practise - these are super competitive guys, so it can happen. Have seen it with Kobe, MJ and the Bulls had their issues as well at times. But if you have a guy that sends another guy to the hospital on a sucker-punch, i think its a whole different story and i think that pshycho should be off the team immediately.

Reminds me of when Gilbert Arenas brought a gun to the locker-room in Washington.

• lildvl10 likes this

#13 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts

Posted October 25, 2017 - 08:28 AM

True.

Normally, i wouldn't mind it too much if guys ended up in a fight during practise - these are super competitive guys, so it can happen. Have seen it with Kobe, MJ and the Bulls had their issues as well at times. But if you have a guy that sends another guy to the hospital on a sucker-punch, i think its a whole different story and i think that pshycho should be off the team immediately.

Reminds me of when Gilbert Arenas brought a gun to the locker-room in Washington.

Correction:

"Took out" his gun.

Pretty sure a number of players carry them either in duffels, back packs, etc.

Especially states with open carry 

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#14 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,663 posts

Posted October 29, 2017 - 10:09 PM

Correction:

"Took out" his gun.

Pretty sure a number of players carry them either in duffels, back packs, etc.

Especially states with open carry 

Well, excuse me all to hell. Took out his gun, then.

IMO a locker-room is no place for a gun and guys that take out their gun during an argument over a poker-game are in the same category as guys that sends teammates to the hospital on a sucker punch.

#15 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,406 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted November 02, 2017 - 08:45 AM

Portis definitely in the wrong but ya gotta wonder what Mirotic said to him.   

#16 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,673 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2017 - 07:55 AM

Portis definitely in the wrong but ya gotta wonder what Mirotic said to him.   

I heard that Mirotic charged at him, and the punch was in self-defense. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#17 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 08, 2017 - 03:05 PM

Looks like Mirotic will be the one on the move.  However, a 6'10" Euro "shooter" (who actually doesn't shoot THAT well) making 12m with the typical commitment to defense has limited market appeal, other than the expiring contract.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users