125 replies to this topic

#121 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2017 - 10:45 AM

Is the media asking Luke any of these questions? I would like to understand his thinking on some of these points. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#122 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 20, 2017 - 11:20 AM

So the hate is not enough, now we have Beverley fans...

#123 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted October 20, 2017 - 11:45 AM

Yea we shouldnt have drafted a pass first point guard that doesnt excel in the half court!

That is the point I keep trying to get across.

Thats the nonsense we did with Russell. We drafted a below average athlete scorer.

Bruh your flip flopping. You were saying you liked the pick now your saying you have been saying we shouldnt have drafted him. Damn Lakers fans overeact over one game. We didnt look good but im not going to let one game determine someones future.

Edited by erfolk, October 20, 2017 - 11:46 AM.

• BasketballIQ likes this

#124 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,367 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 20, 2017 - 12:06 PM

Bruh your flip flopping. You were saying you liked the pick now your saying you have been saying we shouldnt have drafted him. Damn Lakers fans overeact over one game. We didnt look good but im not going to let one game determine someones future.

Please stop this "one game" BS! I've critiqued the exact same aspects of his game when he was on UCLA, during SL, and during preseason. Those posts can still be found on this forum.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and believed that maybe it was the UCLA offense that hid his talents in the half court. If that was the case, then he would have been worth the #2 pick but he has proven that he plays exactly as he did at UCLA. Their offense didn't hide his abilities, he simply doesn't possess them. Essentially, we drafted a pass first point guard with little to no scoring ability that doesn't understand how to draw in a defense. 

Why do we keep drafting players with HUGE weaknesses that pretty much negates their ability to properly utilize their strengths? This is Russell all over again!

We drafted a SCORING point guard (Russell) that is slow as [expletive] with no handles and now we have a pass first point guard (Ball) with no skills in the half court!

What we need to do is completely overhaul the front office and trade everyone for a star player.

Im sick of watching crap every year. Id trade Ball and Ingram right now if the right player was offered. 

Edited by kidpolean, October 20, 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#125 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,381 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 20, 2017 - 05:50 PM

I liked the play Beverly stripped him of the ball near halfcourt and Lonzo ended up comically on his keester. 

A welcome to the NBA moment if ever there was one.

You liked a play where some guy on the other team made a play on a Laker? Why was Beverely running his mouth? I guess 10pts and 2 steals is an all-star type effort for him.

I liked the play because its the kind of play that stands out for an athlete being embarrassed and for competitive guys (like i get the feeling Ball is) that mark a potential turning point or rather a learning experience.

And it makes for great rivalries, so yeah, great plays from the other team if its not dirty i like a lot

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#126 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 21, 2017 - 05:33 AM

The Ball-bashers were out in full effect after game 1... LMAO.

• kray28, Rekal and ChichoGarcy like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)