• 23,744 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:21 PM

Ya really poorly done lineup tonight.

Lopez
Nance
Deng
Ingram
Ball

Is an absolute disaster idea. I'm not sure who was behind it but that was bad. I mean if you want to start deng fine

Start him at the 4. Where he's not an absolute athletic disadvantage offensively and defensively

Oh ya and also when we signed him he was coming off a good year playing what position? The 4

I think a lineup of

Lopez
Deng
Ingram
Clarkson
Ball

Can maybe move the ball better. But man this team was brutal tonight
Posted Image

#102 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:42 PM

Starting Deng at the 3 was stupid, and giving minutes to zombie Bogut was plain mental, the guy couldn't even move his feet. Luke's decisions were beyond questionable tonight.
  • UKUGA likes this

#103 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 19, 2017 - 10:09 PM

Zombie Bogut is about right....he was not ready to play tonight. Deng played like Cow Dung. Luke clearly trusts veterans...but we have a bunch of them that are just washed up. 

Luke's rotations were straight up garbage tonight. 

Lots of open looks for Ingram and Lopez....very few makes. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#104 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts

Posted October 19, 2017 - 10:13 PM

Lonzo's passes don't mean much if the receivers can't finish the plays. You had multiple instances tonight of Lonzo passing ahead to open guys who then stopped and tried to iso their way to a basket. Unsurprisingly, many of those attempts to score failed.

• UKUGA, BORNINLA and ChichoGarcy like this

pkray.png

#105 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,367 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 20, 2017 - 06:01 AM

Lonzo's passes don't mean much if the receivers can't finish the plays. You had multiple instances tonight of Lonzo passing ahead to open guys who then stopped and tried to iso their way to a basket. Unsurprisingly, many of those attempts to score failed.

This is nonsense! What game were you guys watching?

Lonzo didnt cause the defense to collapse at all the entire game. He gets rid of the ball before crossing half court way too often and the vast majority of his passes were to well guarded players. The fact that people missed a couple of shots is irrelevant.

People miss shots on passes from CP3 all the time. The difference is that he is constantly setting his teammates up and is a terror in the half court so those misses arent highlighted.

I can already tell that this will be the excuse for Ball all season long.

Ball is going to be Russell part 2. Im so sick of making excuses for these overrated rookies that should have stayed in college and actually learned how to play the damn game of basketball!

He is average or below average at everything except passing in transition and rebounding which has been the case since his days at UCLA!

Edited by kidpolean, October 20, 2017 - 06:05 AM.

• Wilt Chamberneezy likes this

#106 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 06:21 AM

This is nonsense! What game were you guys watching?

Lonzo didnt cause the defense to collapse at all the entire game. He gets rid of the ball before crossing half court way too often and the vast majority of his passes were to well guarded players. The fact that people missed a couple of shots is irrelevant.

People miss shots on passes from CP3 all the time. The difference is that he is constantly setting his teammates up and is a terror in the half court so those misses arent highlighted.

I can already tell that this will be the excuse for Ball all season long.

Ball is going to be Russell part 2. Im so sick of making excuses for these overrated rookies that should have stayed in college and actually learned how to play the damn game of basketball!

He is average or below average at everything except passing in transition and rebounding which has been the case since his days at UCLA!

LOL @ "his passes were to well guarded guys". Uhm okay....beat your man to the hoop then. Don't stop, think for second, do a little dance and then go into your iso routine.

pkray.png

#107 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,367 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 06:43 AM

LOL @ "his passes were to well guarded guys". Uhm okay....beat your man to the hoop then. Don't stop, think for second, do a little dance and then go into your iso routine.

Wait so Ball can only get assists if he passes to a teammate that takes his man off the dribble?

WTF?

If he can't create for others than he's garbage because that was his only seemingly above average skill in college 

Edited by kidpolean, October 20, 2017 - 06:47 AM.

#108 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 309 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 20, 2017 - 06:48 AM

Exactly, or create another pass for an easy hoop.  Unfortunately Lonzo is going to have to grow a pair and push back. Expect more of the same tonight against Phoenix.    The problem right now is you Ingram, Randall, Clarkson fighting for the leadership of the team, so they go ISO and hog the ball trying to make something happen.  Lonzo's half court game isn't great at this point and he needs to start demanding the ball to create easy shots.   Trust that jumper and stop passing it off every time you are open. 

#109 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,367 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 06:51 AM

Exactly, or create another pass for an easy hoop.  Unfortunately Lonzo is going to have to grow a pair and push back. Expect more of the same tonight against Phoenix.    The problem right now is you Ingram, Randall, Clarkson fighting for the leadership of the team, so they go ISO and hog the ball trying to make something happen.  Lonzo's half court game isn't great at this point and he needs to start demanding the ball to create easy shots.   Trust that jumper and stop passing it off every time you are open. 

I think that you and kray28 need to watch some Nash, Kidd, or CP3.

#110 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 06:55 AM

Wait so Ball can only get assists if he passes to a teammate that takes his man off the dribble?

WTF?

If he can't create for others than he's garbage because that was his only seemingly above average skill in college 

There were multiple pass-aheads where all the player needed to do was finish the play. Sometimes they were fouled and got freethrows (Lonzo got no assists for those), and other times, the receiver (Ingram, Rangle, Clarkson, Deng among others), stopped and went into iso mode instead of continuing to the hoop and finishing. There is a limited window for transition finishing, and several players are ruining the open transition opportunities that Lonzo creates for them with his pass-aheads. 

• BORNINLA likes this

pkray.png

#111 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 06:57 AM

I think that you and kray28 need to watch some Nash, Kidd, or CP3.

Lonzo is not a polished half-court passer right now....but ran numerous pick and rolls last night (ala Nash).....and got Lopez open shots which he mostly bricked. I hope they keep working on those because the way things are set up now, the Ball/Lopez PnR/PnP is going to be a bread and butter type play for this season.

• BORNINLA and kball like this

pkray.png

#112 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,367 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 07:00 AM

Lonzo is not a polished half-court passer right now....but ran numerous pick and rolls last night (ala Nash).....and got Lopez open shots which he mostly bricked. I hope they keep working on those because the way things are set up now, the Ball/Lopez PnR/PnP is going to be a bread and butter type play for this season.

Yea we shouldnt have drafted a pass first point guard that doesnt excel in the half court!

That is the point I keep trying to get across.

Thats the nonsense we did with Russell. We drafted a below average athlete scorer.

#113 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 07:04 AM

Yea we shouldnt have drafted a pass first point guard that doesnt excel in the half court!

That is the point I keep trying to get across.

Thats the nonsense we did with Russell. We drafted a below average athlete scorer.

There's a learning curve involved with passing in half court sets....you need to give Lonzo time to figure things out. For the most part, I don't think he underperformed in half court. If I had a complaint, it would be his shooting. He needs to shoot and score more....it will make his job easier. It's usually the opposite problem with most PGs today. Lonzo passes too much and doesn't look to score enough.

• BORNINLA likes this

pkray.png

#114 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 20, 2017 - 07:17 AM

Lol Lonzo hate begins after one regular season game, a game were everyone sucked...

#115 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,381 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 20, 2017 - 07:31 AM

I liked the play Beverly stripped him of the ball near halfcourt and Lonzo ended up comically on his keester. 

A welcome to the NBA moment if ever there was one.

Edited by kball, October 20, 2017 - 07:31 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#116 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 309 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 07:39 AM

Lol Lonzo hate begins after one regular season game, a game were everyone sucked...

It's not Lonzo "Hate" ...what do you expect for him to get a pass?  He contributed in other facets of the game which I liked but at some point he is going to have to get some fire under him like he did at times at UCLA.  There were times he looked like he was zoned out like he didn't want to be there.   The one play were he broke Beverly's ankles should have been his highlight.   Lonzo will be fine once he get's Kuzma in the starting lineup.

#117 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 07:50 AM

I liked the play Beverly stripped him of the ball near halfcourt and Lonzo ended up comically on his keester. 

A welcome to the NBA moment if ever there was one.

You liked a play where some guy on the other team made a play on a Laker? Why was Beverely running his mouth? I guess 10pts and 2 steals is an all-star type effort for him.

• UKUGA and ChichoGarcy like this

pkray.png

#118 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,367 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 08:07 AM

You liked a play where some guy on the other team made a play on a Laker? Why was Beverely running his mouth? I guess 10pts and 2 steals is an all-star type effort for him.

He ran his mouth cuz he played excellent defense. What he does doesnt show up on the box score but Beverley did his job last night.
  • JGuez likes this

#119 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 309 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 08:15 AM

He ran his mouth cuz he played excellent defense. What he does doesnt show up on the box score but Beverley did his job last night.

I'm sure Beverely didn't say anything that Lavar Ball hasn't told Lonzo before, except there was no D by Lavar.   Lonzo just had the rookie jitters last night. IMO Luke should have brought him off the bench to start the season just to bring down expectations. 

#120 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted October 20, 2017 - 08:54 AM

Is an absolute disaster idea. I'm not sure who was behind it but that was bad. I mean if you want to start deng fine

Start him at the 4. Where he's not an absolute athletic disadvantage offensively and defensively

Oh ya and also when we signed him he was coming off a good year playing what position? The 4

Preach. I don't mind Deng playing. I'd rather he doesn't but I understand KCP is out and someone needs to be inserted into the starting unit. That said, how on earth can you decide to start Deng at the 3 when we know he can't play that position anymore!

Really can't figure out what Luke is thinking. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users