125 replies to this topic

#81 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 10, 2017 - 10:39 AM

For once i actually agree with you :)

Ingram should start imo with Kuzma getting 25-30 mins at the backup 3 and 4 spot, which is a lot. With the emergence of Kuzma i think the one casualty could be Larry Nance.

Why did you have to put nance in there?  I was so hoping to 100% agree with you!  LOL.

IMHO, Nance is irrelevant and there is no reason to move him.  He's a good energy guy off the bench and can provide a glue-type impact off the bench...and he's still dirt cheap.

Pieces to watch are Ingram and Randle.  Either gets moved, Kuzma slides right in.  Moving Nance does nothing to affect the starting lineup, IMHO, at this point.

tenor.gif

#82 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 564 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 10, 2017 - 11:17 AM

Why did you have to put nance in there?  I was so hoping to 100% agree with you!  LOL.

IMHO, Nance is irrelevant and there is no reason to move him.  He's a good energy guy off the bench and can provide a glue-type impact off the bench...and he's still dirt cheap.

Pieces to watch are Ingram and Randle.  Either gets moved, Kuzma slides right in.  Moving Nance does nothing to affect the starting lineup, IMHO, at this point.

Only thing that makes Nance's superstar performance of mediocrity bearable is his price tag and ego. He is and will be cheap, i believe he will happily accept a very cheap contract for at least 2 years. Plus he will not demand any attention, any share on offense. Those makes him "irreplaceable" :D He is not hurting the team and cheap, he might as well be just a glue guy.

I just hate to think he is doing slightly more than Sacre...

My latest game review: https://steemit.com/...-the-rescue-6-8

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

#83 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,715 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 10, 2017 - 11:26 AM

I think everyone agree that Randle, Deng and Clarkson are likely candidates to be moved to create cap space in 2018. For that reason i think these guys will get as many minutes as possible to increase their trade value. At the same time, Ingram and Kuzma need minutes as well in order to develop. At the 5 you have Lopez, Bogut, Zubac and Bryant so honestly Nance may have a hard time finding minutes. 

For that reason, he may be used as a sweetener in a Clarkson deal, or in a seperate deal to aquire assets that can be used to move Deng.

#84 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 13, 2017 - 08:24 AM

Suspended

#85 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 117 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted October 13, 2017 - 01:31 PM

Suspended

???

#86 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 14, 2017 - 10:10 AM

KCP has shot 6/24 from 3 this preseason, which is 25%. The lack of shooters on this team is disheartening. Neither Lonzo, KCP, Ingram, or Randle can be relied upon to consistently hit the 3 ball (we can switch Kuzma for Randle, but it's still unknown how his shot will translate as he has struggled past couple of games).

Our best 3-point shooter being Brook Lopez speaks loudly. 

• LakeShow1o1 and ChichoGarcy like this

#87 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,710 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 14, 2017 - 03:11 PM

Agreed. SL team had more shooters than this team. Playing guys like Wear and Thomas with someone like Lonzo made sense, at least for SL. This Laker team has no shooters, they're all gone. I'm having a hard time thinking how Luke will makes this work.

#88 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 14, 2017 - 04:58 PM

KCP has shot 6/24 from 3 this preseason, which is 25%. The lack of shooters on this team is disheartening. Neither Lonzo, KCP, Ingram, or Randle can be relied upon to consistently hit the 3 ball (we can switch Kuzma for Randle, but it's still unknown how his shot will translate as he has struggled past couple of games).

Our best 3-point shooter being Brook Lopez speaks loudly.

This team hasmt had quality shooters in a very long time. It's amazing how this problem is never addressed during the offseason.

#89 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 14, 2017 - 07:03 PM

^

Lou and swaggy were shooters

Edited by kball, October 14, 2017 - 07:04 PM.

• kray28 likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#90 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,398 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 15, 2017 - 04:03 AM

^ "quality" shooters.

Edited by LACAS, October 15, 2017 - 04:03 AM.

#91 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 15, 2017 - 04:55 PM

^
Lou and swaggy were shooters

Both are iso players. They are not catch and shoot guys.

#92 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 15, 2017 - 05:15 PM

We should give Sasha Vujacic a call

#93 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 564 posts

Posted October 16, 2017 - 01:38 AM

Both are iso players. They are not catch and shoot guys.

Have good ball movement and hit them when they are open. You'll see they will catch and shoot better than they did off the dribble, Especially Young. Lou was a drifter but he was more than capable of hitting the wide open shots. We had such bad ball movement that only thing they could shoot was isoing and off the dribble. They are better than any shooter we have right now. Spacing is gonna be a big problem but i am counting on BI and Ball. BI-Ball-Brook could make the floor wider than we had last year. But i am also thinking of Kuzma of course and Hart also. Not the starting 5 but the bench can be a good shooting mob. If KCP and Ingram shoots better than off-season, starting line up can be dangerous too.

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

#94 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted October 16, 2017 - 02:44 AM

Listened to Steve Kerr saying he likes his team when they have over 300 passes per game.

Any numbers on the lakers?

Would guess maybe 1/2 that.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#95 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted October 16, 2017 - 03:11 AM

Listened to Steve Kerr saying he likes his team when they have over 300 passes per game.
Any numbers on the lakers?
Would guess maybe 1/2 that.

Most teams should have above 250.

Lakers were at 293 last season, which was middle of the pack.

Philly was far and away the best at 354, New York #3 with 324. Golden State at 317.
  • kball and LACAS like this

#96 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted October 16, 2017 - 07:20 AM

^

Shocked at philly and NY leading the pack. Super informative post thanks

Edited by kball, October 16, 2017 - 07:22 AM.

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#97 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 564 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 12:11 AM

^

Shocked at philly and NY leading the pack. Super informative post thanks

I think all sucked and wanted the other to shoot so passed the ball :D

#98 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,398 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 17, 2017 - 06:34 AM

Ill take the passing despite the in the moment results... it sets a good mindset to have and sets the tone for the future, eventually they'll knock them down or eventually they'll get the players.

#99 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 19, 2017 - 07:51 PM

I thought the lack of ball movement and ugly offense was primarily because of Randle. It's this entire starting lineup outside of Lonzo...

#100 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 954 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted October 19, 2017 - 09:19 PM

Think we need to start Kuzma and Clarkson. We need shooters in the starting lineup.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users