• Busty Bluth likes this

#22 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,529 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 04, 2017 - 09:49 AM

Spectrum said KCP missing first 2 regular season games.

Was he suspended?

Anyone know why he's missing them if not?

DUI from last season. So yes. 

• kball likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#23 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,913 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 04, 2017 - 10:50 AM

Randle hasn't been terrible but his fit is still an issue.  If anything Ingram is the one that needs to be swapped out.  Try Kuzma at the 3 then.  They keep forcing this Ingram is our future star stuff but I aint seeing it yet. 

Me either hasn’t passed my eye test.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#24 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 512 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 04, 2017 - 11:46 AM

The ONLY thing with Randle is fit. Unlike you, i had 0 expectations in terms of things he can't (and probably won't) do and develop. Effective 3pt shooting, a legit post-up game comes to my mind. He is not going to develop those until maybe 6th season. I was expecting him to do the things he does better and try more on defense. He has less tunnel vision, he shows better finishing around rim and he is a lot better on defense (which is not that much of a success, he sucked last year). The only thing i want to see out of him is playmaking. When Lonzo is out, just make him the playmaker, make him bring the ball up. It will be a morale boost for him. When he does as he likes on offense, he becomes more effective on defensive end.

And please be easy on Ingram. Just stop. Or he will make you eat your words soon enough :D

I am on Steemit! Writim both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :)

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

#25 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,149 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 04, 2017 - 12:21 PM

Im sure I won't hurt his feelings.  But why be easy? This is year 2.  He should be looking better.

The ONLY thing with Randle is fit. Unlike you, i had 0 expectations in terms of things he can't (and probably won't) do and develop. Effective 3pt shooting, a legit post-up game comes to my mind. He is not going to develop those until maybe 6th season. I was expecting him to do the things he does better and try more on defense. He has less tunnel vision, he shows better finishing around rim and he is a lot better on defense (which is not that much of a success, he sucked last year). The only thing i want to see out of him is playmaking. When Lonzo is out, just make him the playmaker, make him bring the ball up. It will be a morale boost for him. When he does as he likes on offense, he becomes more effective on defensive end.

And please be easy on Ingram. Just stop. Or he will make you eat your words soon enough :D

• GCMD and Busty Bluth like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,532 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 04, 2017 - 11:40 PM

Ingram showed progressive improvement throughout last season. I think he'll be what we what him to be
I want the Lonzo effect to take place...
The extra extra pass. Selfish ball so far. Not playing loose at all.

#27 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,544 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 04, 2017 - 11:46 PM

Im sure I won't hurt his feelings.  But why be easy? This is year 2.  He should be looking better.

The only thing i'm a Little worried about is his shot, but he's shown improvement throughout last season and over the summer so i'll put my money on him improving.

#28 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 08:19 AM

Too early to judge.. This is Russell 2.0; People rush to judge.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#29 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,290 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 08:47 AM

I actually think Ingram has shown plenty improvement. He's more aggressive and confident. That's already a huge improvement over last season

He's just pressing right now. It's very clear. Kinda wish he'd pressed early last year and then found his stride through doing so but he was much more timid. I think moving forward now is where you'll see him grow the most from trying to effect the game more. It seems like Ingram has had a healthy mental switch to trying to have a large effect on games. That parts healthy. Doesn't seem content to stand around and move the ball. Healthy. But he needs to absorb things and learn where his actual spots are. Then he'll be more effective. Not worried in the slightest. I'll be worried if by mid season he's still pressing and there's been no growth but I'd say as of now there's been growth
Posted Image

#30 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,149 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 11:24 AM

Nah people wanted Russell to be a superstar coming off of Kobe getting old.  Ingram spent 3/4 of the year looking like he belonged in the D League.  He avg 12ppg on like 45% shooting for 12 games and some fans act like he's turned some real corner.  Some of them being fans that said Russell was a bust lol

Too early to judge.. This is Russell 2.0; People rush to judge.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#31 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,053 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 05, 2017 - 12:00 PM

Nah people wanted Russell to be a superstar coming off of Kobe getting old.  Ingram spent 3/4 of the year looking like he belonged in the D League.  He avg 12ppg on like 45% shooting for 12 games and some fans act like he's turned some real corner.  Some of them being fans that said Russell was a bust lol

I think Ingram was mostly a victim of his own terrible shooting and ft %.

If he would have shot better we would be pretty excited in his overall game.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#32 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 05, 2017 - 03:29 PM

Don't need the BIGs to be shooters.  Just need them to set good screens on and off the ball.  That spaces the floor MUCH more than a career 24% 3pt shooter faking a screen and popping.

Let the guards create easy shots for themselves and others and the ball will find the BIGs in position to score.  Simple.

tenor.gif

#33 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,765 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 03:42 PM

The way KCP has been playing...I'd rather have David Nwaba lol.

Hope he finds his stride soon. 

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,149 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 04:44 PM

Bruh, who you tellin lol.  Im over here pissed off watching DLo get down OFF THE BALL in BKN smmfh

The way KCP has been playing...I'd rather have David Nwaba lol.

Hope he finds his stride soon. 

• LakeShow1o1 and Clutch Factor like this

#35 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 730 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5

Posted October 05, 2017 - 06:04 PM

Everyone expect Lopez kuzma hart lonzo needs to be traded !!!

#36 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,048 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted October 05, 2017 - 10:46 PM

Overreacting to meaningless pre-season ball, it must be basketball season firing up again.

How many times, how many years, how many season do we have to go through until this panic over nothingness stops?

P.S. - Basketball IQ, what do you care?  You said you wanted Lonzo to be a bust and this team to fail, I'm not sure why you're even watching a team you've already proclaimed your disdain for.

#37 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,149 posts

Posted October 06, 2017 - 06:32 AM

Im not sure you can call it meaningless.  For a young team preseason means a lot.  Young vets like Randle, Nance and Clarkson should have improved.  They haven't.  Ingram looks bad.  That's an issue.

Overreacting to meaningless pre-season ball, it must be basketball season firing up again.

How many times, how many years, how many season do we have to go through until this panic over nothingness stops?

P.S. - Basketball IQ, what do you care?  You said you wanted Lonzo to be a bust and this team to fail, I'm not sure why you're even watching a team you've already proclaimed your disdain for.

#38 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,053 posts

Posted October 06, 2017 - 07:59 AM

You know its bad when you cant even tell if the team is trying to be bad.

They cant be trying to be bad.  No upside anymore.

But its still hard to tell they aren't trying to be bad they're so bad

Edited by kball, October 06, 2017 - 07:59 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#39 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,212 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted October 06, 2017 - 07:59 AM

Im not sure you can call it meaningless.  For a young team preseason means a lot.  Young vets like Randle, Nance and Clarkson should have improved.  They haven't.  Ingram looks bad.  That's an issue.

I would agree they aren't meaningless however I wouldn't put too much stock into the preseason that has lacked full implementation of the offense in addition an offense that has lacked probably the anchor, Lopez. Its hard to tell what this team will look like without Lopez or Bogut on the floor, their presence will help.

I would also agree Randle and JC haven't shown much improvement, Nance on the other hand just plays a role, kind of like a back up dancer, not much is expected. Ingram has shown aggression and has shown signs of what he will be however his shot just isn't falling... its simply a matter of time before he starts to knock em' down.

Is this an issue? Sure. Is it something that would cause panic? It would be premature at this point.

Before I pass any hard judgement I would really like to see:

Ball - KCP- Ingram - Kuzma - Lopez 

I think this line up would suit us best.

#40 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,053 posts

Posted October 06, 2017 - 08:03 AM

I would agree they aren't meaningless however I wouldn't put too much stock into the preseason that has lacked full implementation of the offense in addition an offense that has lacked probably the anchor, Lopez. Its hard to tell what this team will look like without Lopez or Bogut on the floor, their presence will help.

I would also agree Randle and JC haven't shown much improvement, Nance on the other hand just plays a role, kind of like a back up dancer, not much is expected. Ingram has shown aggression and has shown signs of what he will be however his shot just isn't falling... its simply a matter of time before he starts to knock em' down.

Is this an issue? Sure. Is it something that would cause panic? It would be premature at this point.

Before I pass any hard judgement I would really like to see:

Ball - KCP- Ingram - Kuzma - Lopez 

I think this line up would suit us best.

One of the best lines here since ive been a member! 

Hope it has staying power. Its funny as hell.

I said long ago he shoots like a girl.

Having said that, Nance is clearly one of the nicest guys on the team and seems like a great guy to be around.

Interviews are always good with him

• LACAS likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users