226 replies to this topic

#221 L8kers4life

L8kers4life

Rookie

• 54 posts
  • Fan Since:1979 I was born a Lakers fan
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 02, 2017 - 09:11 PM

Kuzma is better than Ingram right now! This kid needs to play, especially with Lonzo, unbelievable motor, skill set and versatility and man the kid can shoot, F DLO, I'm pumped we traded him for Kuzma

#222 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,769 posts

Posted October 02, 2017 - 09:15 PM

Kuzma is better than Ingram right now! This kid needs to play, especially with Lonzo, unbelievable motor, skill set and versatility and man the kid can shoot, F DLO, I'm pumped we traded him for Kuzma

Ya he needs to start over randle
Posted Image

#223 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted October 02, 2017 - 09:21 PM

Yea. I wouldn't do a trade just for the hell of it but if we can get some one serviceable for Randle and a filler we have to do it. Kuzma should start over him.

#224 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 564 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 02, 2017 - 10:41 PM

Moral vic... ok i am not going to do this :D Let's talk about some positives shall we?

Let's start with the most bashed: BI and Julius. Ingram i think is just forcing the issue too much. I suspect it might be something coaches want him to be, the alpha dog. When he mixes his moves, he makes defenders irrelevant. When he shoots contested 3's or mid J's every time he is irrelevant. He should keep slashing, posting up shorter guys, dribble move next time, take and make contested shot here and there to make defenders respect your offense. Let's face it, we need a go-to guy even if we play great team basketball (GSW has 4 potential go-to guys. Damn :D) and thus we have to accept the fact that guy will take some bad shot. If he makes those no problem, but if he is missing he is just stopping the ball and hurting the offense overall. I see glimpses out of BI that he can be that guy. His dribble left pull up jumper is unstoppable, his post up turn around from inside is very hard to contest. He also shows better upper body strength, he just needs to cut, slash consistently. It was his best shape late last year so keep on doing what's working for you! To sum up: stop freaking out about him!

Randle on the other hand is another beast. He fails the naked eye test every f'ing time, yet he manages to have some solid number. To me those number are not important, but his defensive mindset is very important. Last year he tried 1) first 5 minutes of the game and 2) after he makes a great play on offense. Tonite especially, he showed a more consistent effort on defensive end. He was lost on a lot assignments and his overall defensive awareness are not that better, but he tries and sometimes makes up for his mistakes. It's vital for him to have that second effort if he wants to stay on this team. Although abysmal performances of Larry does help him maintain his role, but if he does not show vast improvement on defensive end, he will be replaced a lot faster than Larry. He seems somewhat aware of the fact and hope he gets better with time.

Kuz was obvious. Do i need to talk about him? He looks like he's been in this leauge for 5-6 years! Other than that bad 3 pointer (which i think he got fouled), he played a perfect ending and ignited the comeback on offensive end. Has a lot to say about him but he talks himself with his play. Kudos!

Another positive thing for me was our 3-4 depth. We know we have BI, KCP, Nance, Kuzma. But to see Brewer and Deng at least try, it made me really happy. If they can give us something on both ends, maybe Deng on offense and Corey on defense with some hacking-slashing, it would be a big plus for us. Seeing the veterans try hard will effect the youngsters positively too. Let's hope they don't lose their energy like the 20th game of the season :D

I have some premature things to say about Thomas Bryant but i will wait for another 10-15 minutes from, then i will rest my case.

See, i made a big post about mostly positives out of our game. I give the team one more game, after game 4 i will start some light bashing. With regular season, i will unleash my fury :D 

• kball likes this

My latest game review: https://steemit.com/...-the-rescue-6-8

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

#225 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,534 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 03, 2017 - 04:18 AM

My big take away is i see this as a team comprised exclusively of supporting players so far.

Which could actually work with 2 superstars, but i'm not sure only 1 superstar next season.

I know we haven't seen an offense.

Or preferred starting lineup.

So we have to wait and see just how bad they'll be.

So far I'm loving Kuz.

Liking Zu, Randle, Ingram, Ball, and Ennis (a nice surprise)

Indifferent to all others.

Its clear we only have 2 guys who can hit 3 pointers or i even want taking them.

Kuz and Lopez.

I'm fine with Ingram and his attack mode. He'll get a lot of And 1's this season and he looks really good from mid range.

His long ball may take another couple of seasons at least

Edited by kball, October 03, 2017 - 04:20 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#226 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,291 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 03, 2017 - 10:04 AM

Idk about you guys but I've really enjoyed the last 2 games. So much of the problems can be fixed by scheme and players building better chemistry. Ingram still looks significantly better than last season. People should watch some of his games last season, he was usually a non factor in most of them. I hope he never stops attacking. Eventually it will start to fall. Lonzo had a ugly game here but I think thats because people are trying to get him to play a more aggressive style that just isn't his game. He wasn't much of a scorer in college. It will be even more difficult to score here. Be prepared for a single digit ppg. His ability to push the ball was still there though. We had a ton of transition offense that started with him.

I think some expectations need to be tempered a bit. I'm not a fan of when people say "Well they should at least be competitive" because if they were competitive then they would win more games. Lakers will not be competitive in a good amount of games because a lot of teams are much better. 

#227 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,901 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup

Posted October 03, 2017 - 10:15 AM

Nance missing a ton of chippy shots. Indecisiveness maybe?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users