296 replies to this topic

#281 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,237 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted September 30, 2017 - 08:48 PM

I know it's only one game, but I am questioning whether it makes sense to start him over Clarkson.

Dont ever think about clarkson in the first five rotation, that will be blasphemy

#282 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 728 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 30, 2017 - 08:49 PM

WE HAD 0 offense as Luke said

But the only thing good looked about defense is our rotations
  • GCMD likes this

#283 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 728 posts

Posted September 30, 2017 - 08:50 PM

I am also a little concerned with Ingram's shot. He had a hair trigger today and couldn't hit [expletive].

he looked good in the 1st qtr after that
He took a lot of bad shots

#284 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,473 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted September 30, 2017 - 09:04 PM

• GCMD likes this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#285 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,697 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted September 30, 2017 - 09:19 PM

I know it's only one game, but I am questioning whether it makes sense to start him over Clarkson.

was just discussing this with my wife. We need to role with clarkson.
  • kray28 likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#286 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,237 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted September 30, 2017 - 09:27 PM

was just discussing this with my wife. We need to role with clarkson.

Are you guys serious? kcp with a new team, new offense. Jc is in his 4th season and nothing is new with him.

#287 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted September 30, 2017 - 09:59 PM

Are you guys serious? kcp with a new team, new offense. Jc is in his 4th season and nothing is new with him.

Yeah serious. KCP looked totally lost out there. Ice cold on offense and two steps slow on defense. If defense is his calling card and the big advantage he offers over Clarkson, I didn't see that tonight. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#288 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 728 posts

Posted September 30, 2017 - 10:04 PM

Kcp looked lost because the team hasn’t practiced on offense yet but even with that he played bad

#289 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 01, 2017 - 02:00 AM

I'm betting whatever that Randle is gone before the season ends. They have to start Kuz over him.

Edited by JayTheGreat, October 01, 2017 - 02:01 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#290 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,030 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 01, 2017 - 04:35 AM

Ennis Jersey got tore off

lol I've never seen anything like this before :D

Loving those Nike jerseys...where were they made again?

Chinese coming for us!

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#291 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,030 posts

Posted October 01, 2017 - 04:44 AM

Not against trading any player from this squad based on this game...other than Kuzma.

Terrible looking team. 

Think Luke oversold his estimation of how much time he said team spent on offensive sets when he said ZERO%

• MaceWindu likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#292 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 506 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 01, 2017 - 06:47 AM

Guys, i think we need a rule. Let's don't talk negatives until all the pre-season games are played, or at least for the first 3 games. Just say who you liked. Of course they are missing assignments, of course they are missing shots. It's only the preseason. So if someone overachieves, let's talk about him. But don't be mad at KCP because he missed shots or BI because he was too aggressive. For most of you guys Ball is already a bust and D-Lo was x10 player he is :D

For me, Kuzma was the biggest positive of the night. I kinda expected that from him but was unsure. Hope he continues.

Liked the way Luke coached, did not take timeouts and let the team figure things out. If he does that in the regular season though, hate will be real :D

Defense was not good but better than expected. Bogut should make a difference with the bench. 

Zu was also solid, looked sharp in his brief tenure of first half.

Carusso is crafty! Manu 2.0 :D

Others are not qualified for my review. After 3 games, i will be bashing Majesty, eh, i mean Randle if he continues to play like this (this is all you will get out of me in a negative sense)

#293 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,030 posts

Posted October 01, 2017 - 07:10 AM

Thinking Lakers hold out BI from mondays game. 

That amazing block and awkward landing under basket

Edited by kball, October 01, 2017 - 07:10 AM.

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#294 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,697 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 01, 2017 - 08:10 AM

Honestly I was expecting a little more esp on D since they’ve had such a bad season stats wise but there’s work to be done and rooks get a slice of what’s what. I think the next game will be much better.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, October 01, 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#295 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,208 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 01, 2017 - 08:43 AM

Patience young grasshoppers, its Game 1 of the PRESEASON... we'll be fine.

Having Lopez and Bogut in there will make a big difference and if Kuz keeps this up, its going to be hard for Luke not to start him.

• MaceWindu likes this

#296 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 258 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted October 01, 2017 - 09:20 AM

Greatly improved offensive rebounding, except for Lonzo who begins half-heartedly back pedaling the moment a shot is released.

The screens are still terrible but at least not as terrible. Last season they were a 1.0/10. Now they are a 1.75/10. I am not sure if it's by design, but both Randle and Zubac give the most half-hearted screens I have ever seen on any level of basketball. Like, they are so eager to roll, they forget to pick. This is possibly by design in order to get it passed to them in the shortest amount of time. But I'm thinking, if your screen isn't going to get a defender off your guard, why bother even setting it, why not just make a cut. But at least Randle was getting some shoulder in there before rolling, all the way till the 4th quarter to when he just gave up on it altogether. 

Randle and the other bigs are now closing out screens and putting in effort. It's really encouraging. Randle and Zubac both had a good game. Randle needs to stop being so frightened of attempting a traditional post up and skyhook. IT'S THE PRE-SEASON JULIUS! Now is the best time to get out of your comfort zone and try new things. I saw 3 possessions in the 2nd quarter where he was fed in great position, with his left shoulder in and his right hand free, and he clammed up and didn't even attempt it. Who cares if their not going in, just go for it. If the shot clock is down to 5 and you are fed in the post and you pass it out to someone who is contested who hoists up a bad 3, that leads to a good transition the other way for the other team. You are putting strain on your defense already. So go for it Julius, just go for it.

Ingram needs to work with his shooting coach some more. With his height and lift off, he easily has the power he needs to put up 3s, I feel like that form is un-necessarily making it harder. On every offensive play that broke down, the Lakers looked to get it to Lonzo and he just passed it up for the sake of passing it up. You are 6'7" being guarded by 6'2" guards, pound it in the paint god damnit. On defense, their making him pay for the disadvantage he has in speed, the other direction he should make them pay for being shorter and weaker. Although on defense, he impressively adjusted the distance from which he was playing his man, so he wasn't getting burned as often. That was a pleasant surprise.

To be fair to the Lakers, they still looked confused at times running a sort-of Princeton offense. When the passes and cuts break down and you've run out of time, somebody needs to pound it in the paint and go for it. It's better to miss a shot in the paint than to miss a contested 3 and cause a fast break the other way.

If you smell, what The Rock, is, cooking.

Edited by dbtbandit67, October 01, 2017 - 09:23 AM.

#297 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,548 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 01, 2017 - 09:22 AM

Patience young grasshoppers, its Game 1 of the PRESEASON... we'll be fine.

Having Lopez and Bogut in there will make a big difference and if Kuz keeps this up, its going to be hard for Luke not to start him.

And the pace was unreal. Fatigue definitely played a role. 

• GCMD and LACAS like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users