#1 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,473 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2017 - 12:10 PM

Why the college basketball scandal won't get fixed until the NCAA pays athletes

It is an extraordinarily sad time in college sports. Ten people were arrested Tuesday and charged with fraud and corruption after a two-year FBI investigation. A Hall of Fame coach was, as the attorney for Louisville's Rick Pitino said, "essentially fired," as was one of the most respected athletic directors in the country, Tom Jurich. A high-ranking Adidas employee was charged in a bribery scheme, as were assistant basketball coaches at Arizona, Oklahoma State, USC and Auburn.

This is certainly not the end of this scandal, as its tentacles reach far and wide. This probe could extend to high-profile agents, other programs and others in the sports apparel industry and grassroots basketball industry.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/...oblems-continue

Thoughts?

• Jackson and Majesty like this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#2 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted September 28, 2017 - 03:00 PM

Welcome back, Wade!

• -Wade- likes this

#3 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,839 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 28, 2017 - 08:51 PM

I was talking about this with my homies. This ain't nothing new. It has been going on forever. They even pay kids to go to JC colleges. It's NCAA fault. A kid who has nothing with family that is struggling will easily take money, car, house or paid bills. And you know what? The MESS makes money from all of it. It is sad and ridiculous

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 29, 2017 - 08:32 AM

This one is going to be big. I doubt the FBI would get involved in something like this unless they knew they could nail a lot of colleges. All those NCAA investigations were just for show to make them appear like they were controlling things. I hope somehow FBI get the NCAA in part of there investigation. That whole organization is corrupt and unethical. 

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#5 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,473 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted September 29, 2017 - 06:33 PM

I was talking about this with my homies. This ain't nothing new. It has been going on forever.

I was just reading an article that was saying something similar.

Michael Beasley on the NCAA scandal: 'You guys are just catching on'

The FBI’s investigation into the NCAA is wide-ranging and could potentially change the way the amateur college system functions as we know it. The AAU grassroots scene and NCAA’s recruiting passage are both under heavy fire.

Michael Beasley, having navigated through both of these systems, weighed in on the corruption. (Via Mike Vorkunov)

Read more: https://www.sbnation...tin-pay-players

This one is going to be big.

Deffo. Although the FBI has apparently been investigating this for a while, it appears that more heads are going to roll by the sound of it.

• FranklinPeanuts and Jackson like this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ESPN, NCAA, scandal

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users