#61 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,551 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 21, 2017 - 10:23 PM

you always screw european guys

i seriously hate that on some american sports fans because sometimes they are sooooooooooooooo naive!!!

Just give this kid a chance.. zubac is still sooo [expletive]ing young!! MY GOD DAMN...

Basketball really haven't been that big in europe until recently, but when you look across the league more and more internationals are doing well which is nice.

Looking at some of the most promising prospects in the league right now i think we could see a few internationals get MVP awards pretty soon.

Good time to be a basketball fan.

#62 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,928 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 21, 2017 - 11:05 PM

I agree with the first part. Zubac is still young and has upside, but will he reach that upside - or does he get the chance to show it - before he's up for an extension? I'm not so sure about that.

Right now the only move we NEED to make is to shed Clarkson and if we can use Zubac to get that done and maybe get back an expiring player that isn't complete crap, then i think that's the right move.

Whether we need to move Clarkson or not has nothing to do with Zubac.  He won't be the asking price nor will a trade hinge on him.

Your premise is based on hyperbole, not evidence or fact.  We don't need to move Zubac, even if it's likely we will at some point.  We also don't NEED filler to move Clarkson.  Neither of these are a "thing".  Repeating it won't change that.

tenor.gif

#63 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,551 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted September 22, 2017 - 12:14 AM

Whether we need to move Clarkson or not has nothing to do with Zubac.  He won't be the asking price nor will a trade hinge on him.

Your premise is based on hyperbole, not evidence or fact.  We don't need to move Zubac, even if it's likely we will at some point.  We also don't NEED filler to move Clarkson.  Neither of these are a "thing".  Repeating it won't change that.

Never said moving Clarkson had anything to do with Zubac, nor did i say we needed to move Zubac.

Just said what i thought should happen. Clarkson's value isn't as high as most Laker fans think. I mean, if you can sign guys like Patty Mills, Roberson, Dion Waiters, Collison etc. to less money, i dont think teams are all that excited about taking on Clarkson - much less help the Lakers create cap space for Lebron or George.

Theoretically we dont NEED to do anything because it is possible to get to two max slots by simply stretching Clarkson AND Deng and waive Randle AND Nance, but that's about the worst possible way to go about things. By shedding Clarkson early, we can get to 50M in cap space and keep both Deng and Randle, 60M if we stretch Deng and keep Randle and 72M if we stretch Deng and waive (or trade) Randle. IMO that would be the smartest thing to do.

#64 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,056 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 22, 2017 - 04:10 AM

Never said moving Clarkson had anything to do with Zubac, nor did i say we needed to move Zubac.

Just said what i thought should happen. Clarkson's value isn't as high as most Laker fans think. I mean, if you can sign guys like Patty Mills, Roberson, Dion Waiters, Collison etc. to less money, i dont think teams are all that excited about taking on Clarkson - much less help the Lakers create cap space for Lebron or George.

Theoretically we dont NEED to do anything because it is possible to get to two max slots by simply stretching Clarkson AND Deng and waive Randle AND Nance, but that's about the worst possible way to go about things. By shedding Clarkson early, we can get to 50M in cap space and keep both Deng and Randle, 60M if we stretch Deng and keep Randle and 72M if we stretch Deng and waive (or trade) Randle. IMO that would be the smartest thing to do.

So it just hit me that im not sure where any of these guys play now!

I wanna say

Toronto

OKC

Miami

Sac

But realize i could be wrong on all of them

Edited by kball, September 22, 2017 - 04:11 AM.

• GCMD likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#65 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 851 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted September 25, 2017 - 08:38 AM

Zubac is 20 years old. Give him some time. I think G league would be good for him

Founder and CEO, Beatt Productions, LLC

Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#66 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,123 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 25, 2017 - 12:25 PM

Bryant is licking his chops!! The good news is we can get 80 games out of Lopez and Bogut

• DaSmoothOperator likes this

#67 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,535 posts

Posted September 25, 2017 - 01:49 PM

Bryant is licking his chops!! The good news is we can get 80 games out of Lopez and Bogut

Each? I dunno about that.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#68 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,714 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted September 25, 2017 - 02:26 PM

Remember we will most likely be the youngest team in the league so some rookie errors are bound to show, be we've been though worse looking forward to some fast bball solid D

#69 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 518 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted September 25, 2017 - 06:53 PM

i think he meant combined, each does not make any sense :D

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :)

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

#70 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,153 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 27, 2017 - 10:46 AM

Sure but he's an Arab that lives in Germany.  Im sure he's not hurting by any means from what I know about Germany. 

Europe faces more terrorism and poverty ( in some parts) than America

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#71 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,210 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 27, 2017 - 01:21 PM

Sure but he's an Arab that lives in Germany.  Im sure he's not hurting by any means from what I know about Germany. 

lol you dont nothing

i was born in germany which makes me german plus i have german citizenship since my birth of course.

my family is from syria. do i feel as an arab? Yes. do i feel german? YES OF COURSE. do i love my arabic heritage and culture? ABSOLUTELY.

but i also love the german influence and the western influence.

it is important for someone growing up in europe with a different migration background to sum up every culture he can get.

• GCMD likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#72 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,928 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 29, 2017 - 12:31 PM

Not sure what you meant by this but it did not seem to be at all culturally sensitive.  I could be wrong.  Being Arab has nothing to do with "terrorism".  Terrorism is conducted by every race, religion and country.

tenor.gif

#73 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,056 posts

Posted September 29, 2017 - 02:22 PM

Not sure what you meant by this but it did not seem to be at all culturally sensitive.  I could be wrong.  Being Arab has nothing to do with "terrorism".  Terrorism is conducted by every race, religion and country.

In fact, in america since 9/11, many more americans have been killed by white supremacists than arab terrorists.

The numbers are eyepopping.

• Aykut Purde and lakerfan98 like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#74 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 518 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted September 29, 2017 - 10:59 PM

See, we actually can do wonders as a forum! Yes, we have our fair share of fighting here and there but when we don't talk about D'angelo or Randle (*cough* Majesty *cough*), this forum is a peaceful place :D 

Kudos to you guys, for recognizing that terrorism has nothing to do with certain races and religions, also for stepping up for my european brother.

• lakersince75 and Rekal like this

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :)

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

#75 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,210 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 30, 2017 - 12:46 AM

See, we actually can do wonders as a forum! Yes, we have our fair share of fighting here and there but when we don't talk about D'angelo or Randle (*cough* Majesty *cough*), this forum is a peaceful place :D

Kudos to you guys, for recognizing that terrorism has nothing to do with certain races and religions, also for stepping up for my european brother.

thx bro

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#76 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,123 posts

Posted October 01, 2017 - 04:27 AM

Combined LOL

#77 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,123 posts

Posted October 01, 2017 - 04:29 AM

In fact, in america since 9/11, many more americans have been killed by white supremacists than arab terrorists.

The numbers are eyepopping.

Crips Bloods MS 13 Dirty Cops. Take Your Pick

#78 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,123 posts

Posted October 01, 2017 - 04:37 AM

Didn't Bogut disrespect Kobe big time on his draft night? I seem to remember something like that. I think it was around that Colorado time

#79 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,056 posts

Posted October 01, 2017 - 04:49 AM

Is that 'VISA' issue real or a red herring? 

Maybe he's still just injured.

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#80 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,642 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted October 01, 2017 - 11:54 AM

Bill Oram
@billoram
Andrew Bogut is on the floor for the Lakers this morning, which would suggest he finally paid his Visa bill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users