Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#43 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,544 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 27, 2017 - 05:28 AM

Should at least be an interesting season.

But you know when guys like magic and palinka are refusing to use or even get near the word 'playoffs' its going to be a somewhat long season of experimentation and frustration.

With moments of hope. 

I still have no idea who will be the best laker. Or the second best laker. Or the third best laker this season

Edited by kball, September 27, 2017 - 05:28 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#44 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,291 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 27, 2017 - 08:05 AM

That's great.  They aren't in the business of trying to fool fans anymore. 

Should at least be an interesting season.

But you know when guys like magic and palinka are refusing to use or even get near the word 'playoffs' its going to be a somewhat long season of experimentation and frustration.

With moments of hope. 

I still have no idea who will be the best laker. Or the second best laker. Or the third best laker this season

• martin90 likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#45 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 27, 2017 - 09:22 AM

lets say this

i dont have high expectations but i also dont have expectations of a scenario like the last years

#46 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 27, 2017 - 12:23 PM

Mike Trudell‏ Verified account @LakersReporter 
Walton said Julius Randle has been “flying around” defensively. It’s what they’d hoped for at exit interviews, helped by the shape he’s in.

58 minutes ago
LLopez (back) seems to have done more today than yesterday. Looked good running up and down in drills. We’ll see what Luke says shortly.

Lakers are shooting FT’s to avoid running sprints, a typical end-of-practice routine:

https://twitter.com/...123102510407680

Nance, Jr. won the team 1-on-1 sprint competition last night. He didn’t talk too much trash other than to Walton, who bet against him.

Nance, Jr, said they did more work offensively today.

Lopez (back) is not doing contact drills, and thus won’t play 5-on-5 later. He did do plenty of other drills and is shooting post practice.

Tonight = a full 5-on-5 scrimmage, 1st of camp so far. Walton expects it to be sloppy, guys trying to show what they’ve been working on.

Walton said Lopez “probably won’t play on Saturday,” LAL’s first preseason game. But he was “flying up the court” in non contact drills.

Walton said Julius Randle has been “flying around” defensively. It’s what they’d hoped for at exit interviews, helped by the shape he’s in.

Walton said Clarkson has the talent to be in Sixth Man of the Year convos (as Magic suggested) but is more focused on continued growth.

Walton said Clarkson responded to what was asked of him last spring. Came back stronger, w/improvement on his jump shot. Good start so far.

Edited by Majesty, September 27, 2017 - 12:24 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#47 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,345 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 27, 2017 - 12:47 PM

First scrimmage should be tonight. Hopefully they post a video.

• Majesty likes this

#48 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 27, 2017 - 01:22 PM

cant wait for the first pre season game lol

#49 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,150 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted September 27, 2017 - 02:36 PM

https://www.instagra.../p/BZeyTBAhBIR/

He got ripped.

Exactky the photo I was referencing

• 43,917 posts

Posted September 27, 2017 - 02:57 PM

First scrimmage should be tonight. Hopefully they post a video.

Somebody tweet Serena Winters and tell her to get on that. If there's anyone likely to post such, it'd be her and her company moreso than even the lakers official site or spectrum.

yo.

#51 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,544 posts

Posted September 27, 2017 - 04:03 PM

Come on Saturday already

NBATV is televising it i think

Edited by kball, September 27, 2017 - 04:03 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#52 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted September 27, 2017 - 04:23 PM

Hoping they stick to the Better D plan

#53 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,993 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 28, 2017 - 11:00 AM

https://www.facebook...?type=3

nba tv showing the Lakers practice live, right now

#54 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,345 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 28, 2017 - 11:57 AM

Can Julius Randle still dribble ball after taking defensive board? "For now, no. If you're a 4 or 5 man, find a point guard," Walton said.

#55 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,291 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 28, 2017 - 08:28 PM

Funny how Pelinka switching gears on the cap room and who it's for lol.

https://twitter.com/...447092169220097

Mitch did something similar when they extended Kobe.  They let everyone believe that the cap room was for 2 new stars and then when they simply extended Kobe he stated Kobe was one of the players they had in mind when it came to the cap space. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#56 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts

Posted September 28, 2017 - 09:25 PM

Luke and the coaches trying to implement Lonzo into the fast break and build and all around chemistry around it to enforce what is being taught.  Luke's gonna have Randle bringing the ball up during the season, but right now he's running it with just Lonzo to build that kind of chemistry and those kind of habits. 

Luke's full quote: 

DK2loqLVAAMWoIb.jpg
https://twitter.com/...568426924187648

[quote]Coaches do this all of the time to reinforce something they're working on. For example, a coach might say "either 5 passes or a layup" in a half court setting, or else the basket doesn't count.[quote]

Also, Lakers ran 3 scrimmages last night, Luke giving each starter their own team and running them against one another. Such as Randle had his own 5 guys, Ingram had his own 5 guys, Zo had his own 5 guys, etc and onward and made 4 teams out of the 20 players.   

Zo's team won 3 times, closest games were against Randle's group where it came down to the final possession in both games. 

I'll post up more about the training camp when I have the time. 

Edited by Majesty, September 28, 2017 - 09:26 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#57 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,544 posts

Posted September 28, 2017 - 09:29 PM

I wonder what happens if say, the defense decides to pick Ball up full court?

I mean theres a chance they try to take the ball out of his hands i would imagine.

I see Ingram and Randle doing a lot of ball handling, in spite of what Luke may be selling now

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#58 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts

Posted September 28, 2017 - 09:32 PM

I wonder what happens if say, the defense decides to pick Ball up full court?

I mean theres a chance they try to take the ball out of his hands i would imagine.

I see Ingram and Randle doing a lot of ball handling, in spite of what Luke may be selling now

In a perfect world, he'd do something like getting them on his hip and thus beating them down court and setting up an opportunity when the defense wants to rotate. 

Otherwise I'd say when they pick up Ball full court he should dribble it, take his time and we set up in the half court with Lopez whom is an offensive threat, or whomever is open off the cuts or curls.

And the reason Luke is primarily having Lonzo do it now is build chemistry for it, because we already know we have other ball handlers and the chemistry is already there with that, it's something we can go to whenever.  But getting the guys used to Lonzo, and Lonzo used to them in the fast break is a priority over things we already know.  So Luke is definitely doing the right thing in terms of implementing this chemistry early.  We'll open it up later on and other guys will ball handle, but our first priority is getting Lonzo used to it and the guys used to feeding off Ball.  

Edited by Majesty, September 28, 2017 - 09:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)