Photo

Mayweather/McGregor

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

• 43,789 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:08 PM

Who's watching? Who's buying? Predictions?
  • DanishLakerFan likes this

yo.

#2 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,445 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:25 PM

Refusing to buy this circus fight. Mayweather is my pick though

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • FranklinPeanuts and manaro90 like this

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,541 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:34 PM

No one loses because of the paychecks everyone's taking home that night.

I'm rooting for McGregor because I love a good controversial upset. Mayweather should very easily take it though. People don't realize how fast that MFer is.

I just want this over with so I can see Connor defend some UFC titles. Don't care at all for boxing.

#4 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,092 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 22, 2017 - 11:48 PM

No one loses because of the paychecks everyone's taking home that night.

I'm rooting for McGregor because I love a good controversial upset. Mayweather should very easily take it though. People don't realize how fast that MFer is.

I just want this over with so I can see Connor defend some UFC titles. Don't care at all for boxing.

I have an identical perspective.

I am a fan of MMA and the UFC and find it much more entertaining than boxing.  I'm pretty convinced Mayweather will win by decision but as many others, I'm giving McGregor the punchers chance.  Hopefully his unorthodox movement and unique angles/techniques brought from his MMA background will help him land a few good clean punches.

Regarding him defending his title in the UFC, Khabib is still my dream matchup as a fan, but the whole incident prior to the Ferguson fight probably makes it very unlikely unfortunately. 

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,485 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 23, 2017 - 04:30 AM

I wont buy the fight, but will try to watch it if possible.

I think it's going to be a relatively easy victory to Mayweather who will win on a TKO in a couple of rounds. McGregor does have a chance - a punchers chance - to win on a lucky knock-out, but for that reason i dont see Mayweather taking the fight to the later rounds. I'm rooting for McGregor though. He's a cocky little [expletive] but he has some personality and unlike Mayweather he's not a proven ass-hole wife-beater. 

• Busty Bluth likes this

#6 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 937 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted August 23, 2017 - 06:51 AM

Mayweather will win. An amateur boxer who has never had a professional boxing fight will fight arguably the greatest defensive boxer of all time. McGregor will never defend his belt. After this fight it will likely be another money fight. McGregor vs Diaz 3

#7 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,155 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted August 23, 2017 - 07:45 AM

Im watching, but not paying for it. The fight will be carried into the later rounds, these guys are friends and just want that big pay day. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#8 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,092 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 09:49 AM

Mayweather will win. An amateur boxer who has never had a professional boxing fight will fight arguably the greatest defensive boxer of all time. McGregor will never defend his belt. After this fight it will likely be another money fight. McGregor vs Diaz 3

McGregor did state that if they were to fight again, McGregor vs. Diaz 3 would be at 155 and therefore he would defend his belt in that matchup.

#9 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 937 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 12:28 PM

McGregor did state that if they were to fight again, McGregor vs. Diaz 3 would be at 155 and therefore he would defend his belt in that matchup.

Cash fight. Not that I have a problem with it since I like both of them. McGregor will not defend his belt to a real "contender." That will be the next fight for McGregor.

#10 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,092 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 01:58 PM

Cash fight. Not that I have a problem with it since I like both of them. McGregor will not defend his belt to a real "contender." That will be the next fight for McGregor.

The title will be on the line but I  agree, it's likely he just takes cash fights such as Diaz and non top-tier opponents such as Ferguson and Khabib will likely be avoided.  It's unfortunate but it seems like that's the direction the UFC's new management group is headed.  Cash fights seem to be prioritized over actual rankings and individual performance.

#11 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 1,707 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 23, 2017 - 06:27 PM

Maidana didn't had a chance to land a [expletive]ing punch in two consecutive fights agianst Mayweather. And he is a orthodox boxer with more power than Mcgregor.

Same with Canelo Alvarez.

Will be a pretty easy 12 rounds UD for Mayweather.

#12 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,696 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 24, 2017 - 11:35 AM

i'll be watching...i enjoy a good spectacle

Posted Image

#13 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,541 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted August 24, 2017 - 09:11 PM

I have an identical perspective.

I am a fan of MMA and the UFC and find it much more entertaining than boxing. I'm pretty convinced Mayweather will win by decision but as many others, I'm giving McGregor the punchers chance. Hopefully his unorthodox movement and unique angles/techniques brought from his MMA background will help him land a few good clean punches.

Regarding him defending his title in the UFC, Khabib is still my dream matchup as a fan, but the whole incident prior to the Ferguson fight probably makes it very unlikely unfortunately.

I think he rematches Mayweather while the hype is still big. It'll be interesting to see if he chooses the decider against Diaz or the Khabib fight.

If the fight on Saturday goes to decision and it's not incredibly lop sided, I see no reason to not get a rematch. If Mayweather shows that Nutorious has no business in a boxing ring then McGregor has to choose from either Diaz or Khabib to fight again.

Diaz has had nothing but good things to say about Connor recently so I'm hoping Dana is right in that Connor really wants Khabib next.

#14 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,092 posts

Posted August 24, 2017 - 09:30 PM

I think he rematches Mayweather while the hype is still big. It'll be interesting to see if he chooses the decider against Diaz or the Khabib fight.

If the fight on Saturday goes to decision and it's not incredibly lop sided, I see no reason to not get a rematch. If Mayweather shows that Nutorious has no business in a boxing ring then McGregor has to choose from either Diaz or Khabib to fight again.

Diaz has had nothing but good things to say about Connor recently so I'm hoping Dana is right in that Connor really wants Khabib next.

I don't really see a Mayweather McGregor rematch occurring, but I do agree that it is a possibility if this match is entertaining enough and/or McGregor somehow pulls out a victory.  Mayweather did "give his word" that this would be his last bout but honestly, money always talks and dollar signs is what he prioritizes so maybe a rematch isn't that farfetched.

I did hear that Diaz believes Connor has a good chance and that he himself has competed against many professional boxers whether it be sparring or training.  

McGregor only has 3 potential matches in my opinion following this fight.

A) Ferguson

B) Khabib

C) Mayweather rematch

#15 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,172 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 26, 2017 - 12:03 PM

Refusing to buy this circus fight. Mayweather is my pick though

agree

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#16 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,696 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted August 27, 2017 - 08:17 AM

actually entertaining...props to mcgregor, fight played out exactly as I thought it would, thought he could hang enough not to get knocked out early, but mayweathers boxing skill and style would tire him out and ref would call it

Posted Image

#17 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 937 posts

Posted August 31, 2017 - 01:26 PM

Well I will give Conor credit. He did pretty good, but I wouldn't give him as much credit as a lot of people are giving him. Floyd didn't even seem like he was trying lol. Walked him down and beat him. Congrats to both these guys for making $$$$

• Draztik likes this

#18 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,445 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 31, 2017 - 05:09 PM

I feel the same about the fight

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users