#81 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,411 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted September 06, 2017 - 06:55 AM

Still, just because Adam Silver feels his punishment fits the crime, it doesn’t mean Herb Simon will accept it. A confidant of the Pacers’ long-time owner, says he plans to raise a stink at the league’s next Board of Governors meeting. "He’s so fed up, don’t be shocked if he sues the league and the Lakers for damages."

What Simon should really do is sell his team for the $1 billion + he can get for it while everyone is going crazy and go do something else.

The only reason anything happened at all is because Magic foolishly joked around on TV.  Yes, I know that they ultimately dinged Pelinka, but what Pelinka did is what everyone does, the Lakers just got in trouble because of what Magic did first.

Stop ranting Herb.  An investigation occurred and a fine was levied.

It's time to move on.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#82 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,806 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 07, 2017 - 10:25 PM

Not worried about it.  If the Lakers made a stink about it and asked the NBA to investigate GSW (KD) or HOU (CP3 and Dwight) or LAC (D'Andre Jordan), they'd all get fined...probably MUCH worse...

The NBA does NOT want to go on a fishing expedition...just like they didn't want to investigate the allegations of the referees...

IND will get the #1 pick in 2018 and they will move on...

tenor.gif

#83 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,500 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 09, 2017 - 07:54 AM

Doc Rivers is the Queen of tampering

#84 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,108 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 10, 2017 - 07:04 PM

I hope we did tamper. About time the FO did some UFC type stuff. Bravo!!

#85 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,485 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 10, 2017 - 10:10 PM

I hope we did tamper. About time the FO did some UFC type stuff. Bravo!!

Everyone does it. Only only school boyscouts like Mitch wouldn't do it.

I really am amazed (and disgusted) that Pelinka actually left a paper trail of some sort.

Pete Zayas of Laker Film Room had a (conspiracy)-theory that Aaron Mintz (George's agent) perhaps was the reason they found something. Apparently, Mintz and Pelinka doesn't like each other and perhaps it was a small F-U from Mintz to Pelinka. Mintz could have made sure the league found just enough to give the Lakers a slap on the wrist.

• GCMD likes this

#86 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,806 posts

Posted September 10, 2017 - 10:23 PM

Everyone does it. Only only school boyscouts like Mitch wouldn't do it.

I really am amazed (and disgusted) that Pelinka actually left a paper trail of some sort.

Pete Zayas of Laker Film Room had a (conspiracy)-theory that Aaron Mintz (George's agent) perhaps was the reason they found something. Apparently, Mintz and Pelinka doesn't like each other and perhaps it was a small F-U from Mintz to Pelinka. Mintz could have made sure the league found just enough to give the Lakers a slap on the wrist.

Makes sense.  Didn't make sense that Pelinka would make such a rookie mistake after being a super-agent for so many years.

tenor.gif

#87 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,485 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 10, 2017 - 10:34 PM

Makes sense.  Didn't make sense that Pelinka would make such a rookie mistake after being a super-agent for so many years.

That's what i thought. Maybe he was so used to tampering with teams that he didn't think it was a big deal and didn't expect the Pacers' front office to actually file charges.

Or maybe Mintz was pissed because the Lakers moved D'Lo?

• GCMD likes this

#88 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,806 posts

Posted September 10, 2017 - 10:52 PM

That's what i thought. Maybe he was so used to tampering with teams that he didn't think it was a big deal and didn't expect the Pacers' front office to actually file charges.

Or maybe Mintz was pissed because the Lakers moved D'Lo?

I think he thought that Mintz wouldn't stab him in the back because he had Randle still on the team.  Maybe this is a signal that the Lakers don't expect to retain Randle?

tenor.gif

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users