#41 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 22, 2017 - 01:53 PM

Ya'll trippin! The likelihood of the league finding anything worth dropping the hammer on the Lakers is very unlikely... a slap on the hand is on the horizon, nothing more... not worried one bit.

The rest of the owners understand the Lakers are on their way back to dominance, thus any chance they can get to take the LAL down they will... the PG + Bron to the Lakers next summer chatter has everyone on pins & needles, believe that.

Magic just needs to smile when asked about other players, just smile.

Edited by LACAS, August 22, 2017 - 01:55 PM.

• GCMD likes this

#42 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,485 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 22, 2017 - 02:21 PM

It was tampering lol. That's not even a question. Now whether or not it's enough for the league to punish them is another.

If that was tampering it wouldnt be a 2 month investigation... they've liyerally been saying all day on espn radio that the action mentioned was not tampering.

You love being a troll on topics like this.
Dwight Howard...
Lebron....

#43 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,099 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 22, 2017 - 03:07 PM

If that was tampering it wouldnt be a 2 month investigation... they've liyerally been saying all day on espn radio that the action mentioned was not tampering.

Dwight Howard...
Lebron....

Who said it was a 2 month investigation? The Pacers filed the complaint 2 months ago but the NBA only recently hired a firm to look into it.

Edited by Jackson, August 22, 2017 - 03:08 PM.

#44 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,059 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 22, 2017 - 06:41 PM

Being a troll lol...oh ok

Dwight Howard...
Lebron....

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#45 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,500 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:15 PM

Mitch-Kupchak-SiriusXM-Off-the-Dribble.p

Mitch 'Mother Theresa' Kupchak would never tamper. NEVAR!!!

#46 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted August 22, 2017 - 08:40 PM

If another GM had done that to a Lakers player that was on the brink you wouldn't be saying this

Stop acting like you know me because your are wrong. I wouldn't care.

#47 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 07:00 AM

Mitch-Kupchak-SiriusXM-Off-the-Dribble.p

i stand corrected.. and now i will sit my arse down. lol

#48 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,301 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 23, 2017 - 10:57 AM

If another GM had done that to a Lakers player that was on the brink you wouldn't be saying this

This is the move of a girlfriend who can't let go of the fact it's over. If we had a player ready to leave because our front office isn't doing their job and we are [expletive] I wouldn't care. So if they got courted by another team so be it. The pacers don't want to acknowledge the fact Paul George was never going to stay. He told them multiple times he wanted more help. They didn't do that so [expletive] them.
  • LACAS likes this

#49 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,676 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 23, 2017 - 07:12 PM

Pacers still smarting from finals loss years ago and wish to sabotage PG's plans. They won't be back to the dance for a long time🗝'D out

#50 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,676 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 23, 2017 - 07:13 PM

Elvis has left the building

#51 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,806 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 11:47 PM

It was tampering lol.  That's not even a question.  Now whether or not it's enough for the league to punish them is another. 

The phone call itself is not evidence of anything unless they can prove that Magic and PG13 didn't have a relationship/phone calls before Magic was hired.

Content of the phone call will be key IF they can't prove Magic and PG13 didn't already talk...that's hard to prove.

The Kimmel interview was NOTHING.  Mitch and Phil would always talk about Free Agents without using their names.  They'd get the Reporter to ask them about a specific player and then act "cautious" while saying they can't talk about specific players BUT they'd love to have a player that has this quality and that quality, obviously talking about potentially getting said player but not mentioning them by name.

Magic "winked" about going after PG13...that's the same thing but how many NBA Execs would ALSO be going after PG13?  That's not news.  He never said he'd talk to PG13 about forcing a trade or even advise him what to do before his contract is up.  

It's no secret that every NBA team has a beat writer that puts out articles on behalf of the team, especially when the team wants to send a message to a Free Agent.  That's tampering but it's not enforceable either.

It's no secret that PLAYERS talk to each other about teaming up...that's tampering but it's not enforceable.

Winking on Kimmel?  That's entertainment...NO ONE took that seriously until PG13 himself came out and said he wanted to join the Lakers.

tenor.gif

#52 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,918 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted August 30, 2017 - 11:34 AM

Be hilarious if League prevents lakers from getting PG, then the Lakers sign LBJ and Westbrook.

I'm good with that

• MaceWindu likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#53 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,059 posts

Posted August 30, 2017 - 05:01 PM

Ehh I think Paul George is a MUCH better fit with than Westbrook.  Im not even sure how LBJ and Westbrook can coexist w/o limiting one another.  

Be hilarious if League prevents lakers from getting PG, then the Lakers sign LBJ and Westbrook.

I'm good with that

Edited by Jody Smokes, August 30, 2017 - 05:01 PM.

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#54 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,918 posts

Posted August 30, 2017 - 07:20 PM

Ehh I think Paul George is a MUCH better fit with than Westbrook.  Im not even sure how LBJ and Westbrook can coexist w/o limiting one another.  

If you were coaching the team that statement would concern me.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#55 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 677 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2017 - 12:29 AM

Peter Vecsey on SXM this morning reporting league concluded no tampering by Lakers.
Case closed

Edited by b.diddy2417, August 31, 2017 - 12:29 AM.

#56 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted August 31, 2017 - 04:01 AM

Was there ever a case? 

#57 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,059 posts

Posted August 31, 2017 - 06:35 AM

How so? We saw the issues with KD and Russ.  How do you honestly maximize LBJ and Westbrook on the same team? Have we seen a great off ball Westbrook yet?  Kyrie can still be maximized off ball with Bron b/c he's an elite shooter.  Westbrook is not.  Lebron isn't going to play secondary ball handler to WB either so WB would have to operate w/o the ball more often than not.

What does that do to his effectiveness as a player?  These are the questions you have to ask before just throwing talent together on team. 

If you were coaching the team that statement would concern me.

#58 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,852 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 31, 2017 - 09:08 AM

500k fine only.

https://twitter.com/...300344460959745

Edited by Ham, August 31, 2017 - 09:09 AM.

"Busto Ball" - troll

#59 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,800 posts

Posted August 31, 2017 - 09:13 AM

2nd highest fine in NBA league history

#60 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,918 posts

Posted August 31, 2017 - 09:56 AM

How so? We saw the issues with KD and Russ.  How do you honestly maximize LBJ and Westbrook on the same team? Have we seen a great off ball Westbrook yet?  Kyrie can still be maximized off ball with Bron b/c he's an elite shooter.  Westbrook is not.  Lebron isn't going to play secondary ball handler to WB either so WB would have to operate w/o the ball more often than not.

What does that do to his effectiveness as a player?  These are the questions you have to ask before just throwing talent together on team. 

Might not be a perfect fit i absolutely agree.

But i dont think you can ever pass up a chance of having 2 of the top 5 guys and then explain to your paying customers and advertising and broadcasting partners why you didnt if it was there to do.

Especially as GS has 2 of the other top 3.

We made Shaq and Kobe work and yeah they had issues.

Also took some time to get to finals together, which we wouldnt have with LeBron being so much older and contracts being iffy.

My issue with getting them, if its possible, is more Walton being in a bit over his head.

I really think you have to do it Jody.

And Lakers immediately become the 2nd most popular ticket and must see game after GS if it happens

READY FOR SEASON!!!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users