90 replies to this topic

#21 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 21, 2017 - 08:06 AM

Magic really needs to stop talking so much. The Kimmel thing was pretty bad.

Responding with a tweet about Vecsey might seem cute, but it's not a good look overall for him. He needs to be above this.

yo bro the date on that was eleven years ago!!

#22 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,932 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 21, 2017 - 08:44 AM

The man told them.he wasn't staying there. It's on them..

#23 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,062 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted August 21, 2017 - 03:04 PM

The real issue here is why is the rest of the NBA so damn scared of the Lakers being contenders / good again?

• GCMD, Busty Bluth, Majesty and 2 others like this

#24 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted August 21, 2017 - 06:37 PM

Every team that loses a superstar could file tampering charges...

Not likely to end bad...last real tampering was Joe Smith and Minnesota...that ended REALLLY bad...but they didn't give a care...that was a messed up situation...

tenor.gif

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 21, 2017 - 09:26 PM

The Pacers reportedly want the NBA to investigate a possible phone call between Magic Johnson and Paul George 

http://www.lakersnat...rge/2017/08/21/

If there IS a phone call between Johnson and George and it is found, that's not good, and it'd be a rookie mistake by Magic.    It happens likely very often in the NBA and I'm sure there's plenty of 'phone calls', but right now they are eyeing the Lakers and looking to drop a hammer on them. -_- So we'd be the ones that paid for it. 

They're really digging here, it's obvious why they're targeting us but come on! 

Edited by Majesty, August 21, 2017 - 09:37 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#26 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,307 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted August 22, 2017 - 05:40 AM

Zzzzzzzzzz 

Let me know when the season starts...

#27 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,215 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 22, 2017 - 06:17 AM

If the league bams the Lakers be mad at Magic for going on tv being stupid, b/c if the shoe was on the other foot we'd want the same thing done. 

• Busty Bluth likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#28 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 22, 2017 - 06:23 AM

The Pacers reportedly want the NBA to investigate a possible phone call between Magic Johnson and Paul George 

http://www.lakersnat...rge/2017/08/21/

If there IS a phone call between Johnson and George and it is found, that's not good, and it'd be a rookie mistake by Magic.    It happens likely very often in the NBA and I'm sure there's plenty of 'phone calls', but right now they are eyeing the Lakers and looking to drop a hammer on them. -_- So we'd be the ones that paid for it. 

They're really digging here, it's obvious why they're targeting us but come on! 

If it's just a phone call, then you are probably looking at a fine, and maybe, the inability to acquire George as a FA - maybe.

If there's no transcript of the call, then it's hard to do much with it, other than simply saying, "impermissible contact."

The Joe Smith/T-Wolves situation apparently included a documented side deal. 

• GCMD likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#29 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,932 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:27 AM

If the league bams the Lakers be mad at Magic for going on tv being stupid, b/c if the shoe was on the other foot we'd want the same thing done. 

speak for yourself. i agree that magic should'nt have done all that extra but if another gm did, so what. a player is going to sign to whomever he wants. i could really careless.

•     likes this

#30 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,406 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 22, 2017 - 09:11 AM

Tampering happens all the time.  I expect a fine to be the eventual outcome.  Hell, nowadays if you don't get fined in the process of chasing top tier free agents you're probably not doing it right haha.  

IF the league does decide to drop the hammer on the Lakers I think that might be a wrap for me.  CP3 veto was bad enough but if 5 years later the Lakers are singled out and punished again I'm pretty sure I'm done with the NBA or at the very least taking a long hiatus.  

• LAkerFan85 likes this

#31 dazz

dazz

• 1,199 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 09:31 AM

I read somewhere else that apart from a hefty fine we could be banned from signing PG and lose a few future draft picks, is that true? 

hsl17b.jpg

#32 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,374 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 22, 2017 - 09:55 AM

Looks like the Pacers filed the complaint on draft day.

#33 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,932 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 10:28 AM

Wow. I am floored by this. Who does not tamper in the league? It is whatever to me. May as well say they are tampering with Lebron, Russell, DeMarcus... just add on all the players that have said ( by sources) the Lakers have tampered with all of them... GO FOR BROKE.. smh..

#34 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 980 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted August 22, 2017 - 10:35 AM

magic winked to much on kimmel

#35 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 952 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted August 22, 2017 - 10:40 AM

Wow. I am floored by this. Who does not tamper in the league? It is whatever to me. May as well say they are tampering with Lebron, Russell, DeMarcus... just add on all the players that have said ( by sources) the Lakers have tampered with all of them... GO FOR BROKE.. smh..

Mitch-Kupchak-SiriusXM-Off-the-Dribble.p

• FranklinPeanuts, UKUGA, Majesty and 1 other like this

#36 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,215 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 11:45 AM

If another GM had done that to a Lakers player that was on the brink you wouldn't be saying this

speak for yourself. i agree that magic should'nt have done all that extra but if another gm did, so what. a player is going to sign to whomever he wants. i could really careless.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#37 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,504 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 12:21 PM

Considering Indiana filed these charges around the draft, and Magic's public comments sparked them...I'm not worried.

1) it's been months and they haven't found anything.
2) Magic isn't stupid enough to make contact with PG while being under investigation. He knows what tampering is, and what's not allowed...which he even said on Kimmel before the whole "wink" fiasco that upset the Pacers ownership.

#38 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,374 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 22, 2017 - 12:44 PM

If another GM had done that to a Lakers player that was on the brink you wouldn't be saying this

I agree here.

That being said, I don't think the NBA will find any dirt on Magic. But if they do, hopefully we can just fork up a lot of money instead and still be able to get PG13.

• Jody Smokes likes this

#39 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 22, 2017 - 12:46 PM

No we wouldnt. There u go...

That wasnt [expletive]ing tampering. A paper trail is different

#40 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,215 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 01:13 PM

It was tampering lol.  That's not even a question.  Now whether or not it's enough for the league to punish them is another. 

No we wouldnt. There u go...

That wasnt [expletive]ing tampering. A paper trail is different

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users