#141 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,157 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 23, 2017 - 11:57 AM

If this was an IT-Kyrie swap id agree with you, although the difference between IT and Kyrie is small. Kyrie is ok but a one-way player which puts a ceiling to what he can become as a #1 guy. But i get that Kyrie might have 10+ good years left where IT could have less than 5.

But Crowder makes up for some of that and that pick makes it very much in the Cavs' favor.

IT is a one way player, and one that is much easier shut down. Crowder is a 14pts and 6reb wing. He is a good defender no doubt. However, Kyrie has the potential to be a potent 30 ppg scorer, and he can play defense when he tries. The difference is IT can never play defense because of his size. Kyrie wanted to be the top dog because people like you think he is only slightly better than IT. He will show you this year how wrong you are. He is hitting his prime right now and his offensive game skill set is second to none in this league. 

Last night the Celtics turned into a team that can legit compete with the Cavs in the playoffs. I do not see how that some how is a lost for them in anyway. They have Kyrie at 25, Hayward at 27, and budding young players in Smart, Brown, and Tatum. I hate all things Celtics but that is how a front office turns a stinker team into a top contender in their conference. Danny Ainge stocked up picks, got young talent, and got two all stars in their Prime, if that aint a win you got pipe dreams for your GM.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 23, 2017 - 11:58 AM.

•     likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#142 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,801 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 23, 2017 - 11:59 AM

I just saw a video on Twitter showing somebody burning an IT jersey. Smh

#143 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 36,165 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 23, 2017 - 01:57 PM

This pretty much guarantees Lebron is leaving Cleveland.

Around the trade deadline Lebron is going to want to cash in that nets 1st round pick for a star but Cavs are going to hold onto that pick because its their safety net in case Lebron leaves.

Going to be an ugly exit

• bfc1125roy likes this

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#144 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,094 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted August 23, 2017 - 02:18 PM

I don't understand how some people here are saying Kyrie is an okay player...

Dude is probably the one of the top if not the best scoring point guard in the league.  If you build around him with the correct pieces, he will be in the MVP talks.  I think it was a solid trade for both teams given their positions and future, but I don't get some are underrating Kyrie...

• Olabebeh likes this

#145 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,301 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 23, 2017 - 02:22 PM

Kyrie is essentially Iverson 2.0 he just doesn't have the off the court issue Iverson did. Kyrie is unstoppable.

#146 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,801 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 23, 2017 - 02:30 PM

^ Don't got the bounce.

I like the trade for both teams. Celtics got better, and LBJ is at the stage in his unbelievable career that he can get to the finals with just damn near anybody on his roster.

2div

• 43,789 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 08:48 PM

^ Being in the East yeah, and especially even more now. Probably wouldn't so confidently say the same in the West.

yo.

#148 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,488 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 24, 2017 - 12:27 AM

IT is a one way player, and one that is much easier shut down. Crowder is a 14pts and 6reb wing. He is a good defender no doubt. However, Kyrie has the potential to be a potent 30 ppg scorer, and he can play defense when he tries. The difference is IT can never play defense because of his size. Kyrie wanted to be the top dog because people like you think he is only slightly better than IT. He will show you this year how wrong you are. He is hitting his prime right now and his offensive game skill set is second to none in this league.

Last night the Celtics turned into a team that can legit compete with the Cavs in the playoffs. I do not see how that some how is a lost for them in anyway. They have Kyrie at 25, Hayward at 27, and budding young players in Smart, Brown, and Tatum. I hate all things Celtics but that is how a front office turns a stinker team into a top contender in their conference. Danny Ainge stocked up picks, got young talent, and got two all stars in their Prime, if that aint a win you got pipe dreams for your GM.

Kyrie is almost as big of a defensive liability as IT and IT has been just as unstoppable on the offensive end. But long term Kyrie is the guy with upside. Obviously.

Gordon, Kyrie, Tatum, Brown and Horford really is a nice core, but they could have done a lot better imo.

#149 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,157 posts

Posted August 24, 2017 - 02:18 PM

Kyrie is almost as big of a defensive liability as IT and IT has been just as unstoppable on the offensive end. But long term Kyrie is the guy with upside. Obviously.

Gordon, Kyrie, Tatum, Brown and Horford really is a nice core, but they could have done a lot better imo.

You think IT could play the same level of defense against the warriors that Kyrie did? IT can't play defense due to physical limitations, Kyrie just chooses not to, but he has the ability to.

IT ran into a bad defense of the Cavs and met a basic double team and got shut down. Kyrie avged 29.4ppg on 47% fg and 42% 3pt with one of the best guard defenders (Klay Thompson) on him most the time. You think IT would eat like that against the length of Klay? If so your'e overrating IT or underrating Klay. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 24, 2017 - 02:19 PM.

•     and Navidballack like this

#150 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,488 posts

Posted August 24, 2017 - 10:59 PM

You think IT could play the same level of defense against the warriors that Kyrie did? IT can't play defense due to physical limitations, Kyrie just chooses not to, but he has the ability to.

IT ran into a bad defense of the Cavs and met a basic double team and got shut down. Kyrie avged 29.4ppg on 47% fg and 42% 3pt with one of the best guard defenders (Klay Thompson) on him most the time. You think IT would eat like that against the length of Klay? If so your'e overrating IT or underrating Klay.

Offensively i think IT is right on par with Kyrie and based on last season he might actually be better right now. Kyrie could improve though and at 25 he's clearly the better bet moving forward. But for the next 2-3 years its pretty damn close.

Defensively I just dont think Kyrie is that much better and he's not stopping Curry or Westbrook any more that IT.

Like i said earlier the biggest problem is that the Celtics turned the biggest collection of assets into a team that wont win now and depend entitely on the development of Tatum and Brown to win going forward.

And they created a better situation for their biggest rival in the East as well. Crowder+IT will make the Cavs better next season and that pick could be flipped for another star (assuming Lebron decides to stay).

#151 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,157 posts

Posted August 25, 2017 - 09:10 AM

^^ We will just have to agree to disagree. However, I think this upcoming season will reveal just how skewed your opinion on Kyrie is. He is on another level than IT. 

#152 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,801 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 25, 2017 - 09:22 AM

What's on the two were pretty much the same last season... IT 28.2 ppg KI 25.3 ppg... they don't really rebound well IT with 3 and KI with 5. Asst were just about the same. To me, they are basically identical.. only difference.. height.. some will prefer KI over IT and vice versa. They are the same to me.. both are not defenders..

Boston kind of changed their existence this off season. Scrappy and defensive to... offensive

Go Lakers!

• 43,789 posts

Posted August 25, 2017 - 04:57 PM

^ IT was the first option by far. Kyrie was second. Put him in the same spot and I bet his numbers exceed IT's.

yo.

#154 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,101 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 25, 2017 - 11:21 PM

Looks like the trade is in jeapordy since IT did not pass the physical.

#155 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,488 posts

Posted August 25, 2017 - 11:48 PM

True. But the Cavs should do the deal anyway. They're playing for a title so as long as IT is back at the all-star break they should be fine.

#156 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,542 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted August 26, 2017 - 10:38 AM

I hope the trade doesn't go through just so Boston gets [expletive]ed for being such a [expletive]ty franchise
  • manaro90 likes this

#157 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,175 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 26, 2017 - 12:03 PM

I hope the trade doesn't go through just so Boston gets [expletive]ed for being such a [expletive]ty franchise

ageee hahahaha

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#158 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,724 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted August 26, 2017 - 04:21 PM

•    , PhillyLaker24 and MaceWindu like this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

• 43,789 posts

Posted August 26, 2017 - 04:47 PM

^ That was special.

yo.

• 43,789 posts

Posted August 27, 2017 - 06:13 PM

Edited by    , August 27, 2017 - 06:14 PM.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users