133 replies to this topic

#121 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,461 posts

Posted Today, 03:47 PM

That's how much superstars are worth.

Lol agreed but Kyrie ain't no superstar, sorry. Celtics got fleeced.

#122 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,461 posts

Posted Today, 03:48 PM

Due to Boston having so many assets to begin with, they're not in too bad of a position. They're going to the ECF, imo..rather easily too.

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Morris
Horford

Tatum, Smart off the bench.

Edited by Massacre, Today, 03:48 PM.

#123 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted Today, 03:50 PM

Due to Boston having so many assets to begin with, they're not in too bad of a position. They're going to the ECF, imo..rather easily too.

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Morris
Horford

Tatum, Smart off the bench.

And they will give the Cav's a good a challenge.

#124 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted Today, 03:57 PM

No time table for IT return from injury.

#125 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,479 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted Today, 04:39 PM

Kyrie Irving waived his 15 percent trade kicker - about $3 million - in order to facilitate the deal to Boston, league source tells ESPN.

#126 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,479 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted Today, 04:40 PM

At least they are staying in the eastern conference. 

•     likes this

• 43,781 posts

Posted Today, 05:15 PM

Good trade to some extent for both teams, but I don't see this making the Cavs better or more dangerous than they were with IT.

Yes, they got a little deeper as Crowder's a nice piece, Zizic kinda irrelevant, and the pick won't matter in the now, but how many of you would take IT over Kyrie? I know IT ain't too shabby either and also clutch, but I'm personally still taking Kyrie and as bad as Kyrie may be defensively, due to IT's size alone, he's even more of a liability practically against anyone.

So how again, does this actually INCREASE the odds of LeBron staying if their ceiling might not even be as high as before?

yo.

#128 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted Today, 05:25 PM

Good trade to some extent for both teams, but I don't see this making the Cavs better or more dangerous than they were with IT.

Yes, they got a little deeper as Crowder's a nice piece, Zizic kinda irrelevant, and the pick won't matter in the now, but how many of you would take IT over Kyrie? I know IT ain't too shabby either and also clutch, but I'm personally still taking Kyrie and as bad as Kyrie may be defensively, due to IT's size alone, he's even more of a liability practically against anyone.

So how again, does this actually INCREASE the odds of LeBron staying if their ceiling might not even be as high as before?

The Cav's bench gets younger, and IT is a solid replacement for Kyrie. The Cav's are essentially the same team + they've added some good young pieces and a top 3 pick. They'll likely for sure go back to the finals.

• 43,781 posts

Posted Today, 07:00 PM

Maybe, but are they ultimately better in the now? You like IT more than Kyrie? The depth is nice, but true superstars matter most in the end.

yo.

#130 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,461 posts

Posted Today, 07:06 PM

Kyrie>IT, but Crowder will help a lot against Golden State and the pick is good insurance in case LeBron leaves or threatens to leave. That's a huge chip in a potential trade to bring in another star, or a piece to start another rebuild with.

I am concerned about IT's ability to stay on the court against Golden State. He's lunch meat against that backcourt. It was primarily Bradley who guarded Curry, which meant Klay got off on IT (and he did). It will be interesting to see how Lue plays that, but I'm not optimistic. At least Kyrie had decent size.

In the short term, Cleveland improved marginally because you're not shutting down Golden State either way and Crowder is enough to close the gap between IT and Kyrie, but long-term, getting that Nets pick is HUGE, whether they're rebuilding or re-tooling.

Edited by Massacre, Today, 07:06 PM.

#131 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,484 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted Today, 07:10 PM

Imagine 2 years from now. Lebron and the Lakers vs Kyrie and the Celts. 

Edited by MaceWindu, Today, 07:11 PM.

• 43,781 posts

Posted Today, 07:17 PM

[expletive] im on mobile, dont know how to post images directly, but check out this tweet by isaiah to lebron yikes!

https://usatftw.file...-4-11-20-pm.jpg

https://usatftw.file...pg?w=1000&h=563

yo.

#133 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,484 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted Today, 07:20 PM

[expletive] im on mobile, dont know how to post images directly, but check out this tweet by isaiah to lebron yikes!

https://usatftw.file...-4-11-20-pm.jpg

https://usatftw.file...pg?w=1000&h=563

he was 'hacked'. lol

#134 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,167 posts

Posted Today, 07:44 PM

Interesting trade. Can't say I saw it coming.

I think both teams benefitted at the end. Kyrie is 3 years younger than IT and closer in age to the Celtics young core, while Cavs will benefit from IT's contract situation. Don't put too much stock on Crowder. Shumpert, Smith etc. has shown there isn't much to eat for them.

fXlFKv8.gif

13 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

bigfetz, Tensai