167 replies to this topic

#121 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 03:47 PM

That's how much superstars are worth.

Lol agreed but Kyrie ain't no superstar, sorry. Celtics got fleeced.

#122 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 03:48 PM

Due to Boston having so many assets to begin with, they're not in too bad of a position. They're going to the ECF, imo..rather easily too.

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Morris
Horford

Tatum, Smart off the bench.

Edited by Massacre, August 22, 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#123 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 22, 2017 - 03:50 PM

Due to Boston having so many assets to begin with, they're not in too bad of a position. They're going to the ECF, imo..rather easily too.

Kyrie
Hayward
Brown
Morris
Horford

Tatum, Smart off the bench.

And they will give the Cav's a good a challenge.

#124 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 954 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted August 22, 2017 - 03:57 PM

No time table for IT return from injury.

#125 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,345 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 22, 2017 - 04:39 PM

Kyrie Irving waived his 15 percent trade kicker - about $3 million - in order to facilitate the deal to Boston, league source tells ESPN.

#126 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,345 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 22, 2017 - 04:40 PM

At least they are staying in the eastern conference. 

• Busty Bluth and     like this

• 43,917 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 05:15 PM

Good trade to some extent for both teams, but I don't see this making the Cavs better or more dangerous than they were with IT.

Yes, they got a little deeper as Crowder's a nice piece, Zizic kinda irrelevant, and the pick won't matter in the now, but how many of you would take IT over Kyrie? I know IT ain't too shabby either and also clutch, but I'm personally still taking Kyrie and as bad as Kyrie may be defensively, due to IT's size alone, he's even more of a liability practically against anyone.

So how again, does this actually INCREASE the odds of LeBron staying if their ceiling might not even be as high as before?

yo.

#128 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 22, 2017 - 05:25 PM

Good trade to some extent for both teams, but I don't see this making the Cavs better or more dangerous than they were with IT.

Yes, they got a little deeper as Crowder's a nice piece, Zizic kinda irrelevant, and the pick won't matter in the now, but how many of you would take IT over Kyrie? I know IT ain't too shabby either and also clutch, but I'm personally still taking Kyrie and as bad as Kyrie may be defensively, due to IT's size alone, he's even more of a liability practically against anyone.

So how again, does this actually INCREASE the odds of LeBron staying if their ceiling might not even be as high as before?

The Cav's bench gets younger, and IT is a solid replacement for Kyrie. The Cav's are essentially the same team + they've added some good young pieces and a top 3 pick. They'll likely for sure go back to the finals.

• 43,917 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:00 PM

Maybe, but are they ultimately better in the now? You like IT more than Kyrie? The depth is nice, but true superstars matter most in the end.

yo.

#130 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:06 PM

Kyrie>IT, but Crowder will help a lot against Golden State and the pick is good insurance in case LeBron leaves or threatens to leave. That's a huge chip in a potential trade to bring in another star, or a piece to start another rebuild with.

I am concerned about IT's ability to stay on the court against Golden State. He's lunch meat against that backcourt. It was primarily Bradley who guarded Curry, which meant Klay got off on IT (and he did). It will be interesting to see how Lue plays that, but I'm not optimistic. At least Kyrie had decent size.

In the short term, Cleveland improved marginally because you're not shutting down Golden State either way and Crowder is enough to close the gap between IT and Kyrie, but long-term, getting that Nets pick is HUGE, whether they're rebuilding or re-tooling.

Edited by Massacre, August 22, 2017 - 07:06 PM.

• Jackson likes this

#131 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,907 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:10 PM

Imagine 2 years from now. Lebron and the Lakers vs Kyrie and the Celts. 

Edited by MaceWindu, August 22, 2017 - 07:11 PM.

• 43,917 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:17 PM

[expletive] im on mobile, dont know how to post images directly, but check out this tweet by isaiah to lebron yikes!

https://usatftw.file...-4-11-20-pm.jpg

https://usatftw.file...pg?w=1000&h=563

yo.

#133 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,907 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:20 PM

[expletive] im on mobile, dont know how to post images directly, but check out this tweet by isaiah to lebron yikes!

https://usatftw.file...-4-11-20-pm.jpg

https://usatftw.file...pg?w=1000&h=563

he was 'hacked'. lol

#134 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,291 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 07:44 PM

Interesting trade. Can't say I saw it coming.

I think both teams benefitted at the end. Kyrie is 3 years younger than IT and closer in age to the Celtics young core, while Cavs will benefit from IT's contract situation. Don't put too much stock on Crowder. Shumpert, Smith etc. has shown there isn't much to eat for them.

fXlFKv8.gif

#135 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted August 22, 2017 - 08:53 PM

21032326_1673136949385538_15156205231651

EyMlHkX.jpg

#136 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,272 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 22, 2017 - 09:26 PM

wow.. im shocked

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#137 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,715 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 22, 2017 - 10:51 PM

Solid move from the Cavs.

Kyrie is slightly better than IT especially in the long run.

But Crowder is waaaay better than what the Cavs currently have at the wings.

The Nets pick is the huge difference maker as it could be flipped for another young star. I dont think Lebron is staying with the Cavs but they now have player that help right now and that Nets pick to build with if he leaves.

Boston have been horrible in managing the greatest collection of assets in recent memory.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, August 22, 2017 - 10:52 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

• 43,917 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 11:32 PM

Boston essentially could've gotten Jimmy Butler or Paul George with that pick, but they were patient and ended up choosing on Kyrie instead with it. I think they made the right choice and that patience paid off. IT is several years older, even more of a liability on defense being immensely undersized, was up for a max soon, and Kyrie's still got 2 years locked in at a much more bargain-friendly deal.
  • PhillyLaker24 likes this

yo.

#139 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 23, 2017 - 07:30 AM

Lol agreed but Kyrie ain't no superstar, sorry. Celtics got fleeced.

I am surprised with the amount of people that have said the Celtics got screwed. Kyrie just turned 25. At 24 he dropped 40+ in the finals against statistically one of the best defenses ever. In that same series he hit a GW shot that was the biggest in CLE bball history. Kyrie is not even in his prime. IT is the worst perimeter defender in the league. Against a proper double team he gets shut down because of his size. Do people forget the ECF? When IT was on the floor it was a blowout. The only game they won was when IT wasn't playing... IT is amazing and I am a huge fan because he is my size and killing it, but to say him and Kyrie are about the same is a damn lie. 

The reason Kyrie left is because people short changing him. Kobe has always said Kyrie had that killer mentality, he wants that pressure on him. Kyrie is probably the best ball handler in the league, and finishes amongst the trees as good as any guard. Not to mention he can shoot of the dribble in deadly fashion. His defense is not impressive, but it is a whole hell of a lot better than IT. IT had a career year, no way he has those numbers again. I know this is a Lakers forum but did anyone see the C's play? They ran play after play for IT, you do that for Kyrie he drops 30+. Kyrie has the ability to average 30 as the number one guy as he comes into his own. People point to when Kyrie was a 21 yr old guard by himself to say he can't do it alone, what 21 yr old guard could? He is a skilled player and he has honed those skills tremoundsly over these past few years.

Kyrie is about to be in his prime, and will avg 30+ against the cavs come playoffs. Barring injuries I see a 7 game series brewing in the ECF.

Are the Celtics more likely to beat the Cavs after or before this trade? I think that answer is hella easy, after they have a much better shot. People discount how much pressure Kyrie had on him down stretches of games. He would carry the offensive load for quarters some games. IT ran into a god awful defense in the Cavs last year and got shut down. In the ECF Kyrie avged 26 on 62.2% against the C's, IT avged 9.5 ppg on 28%. Shutting down IT is easy come playoffs, Kyrie not so much, ask the warriors. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 23, 2017 - 07:42 AM.

• Navidballack and Olabebeh like this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#140 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,715 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 23, 2017 - 09:35 AM

I am surprised with the amount of people that have said the Celtics got screwed. Kyrie just turned 25. At 24 he dropped 40+ in the finals against statistically one of the best defenses ever. In that same series he hit a GW shot that was the biggest in CLE bball history. Kyrie is not even in his prime. IT is the worst perimeter defender in the league. Against a proper double team he gets shut down because of his size. Do people forget the ECF? When IT was on the floor it was a blowout. The only game they won was when IT wasn't playing... IT is amazing and I am a huge fan because he is my size and killing it, but to say him and Kyrie are about the same is a damn lie.

The reason Kyrie left is because people short changing him. Kobe has always said Kyrie had that killer mentality, he wants that pressure on him. Kyrie is probably the best ball handler in the league, and finishes amongst the trees as good as any guard. Not to mention he can shoot of the dribble in deadly fashion. His defense is not impressive, but it is a whole hell of a lot better than IT. IT had a career year, no way he has those numbers again. I know this is a Lakers forum but did anyone see the C's play? They ran play after play for IT, you do that for Kyrie he drops 30+. Kyrie has the ability to average 30 as the number one guy as he comes into his own. People point to when Kyrie was a 21 yr old guard by himself to say he can't do it alone, what 21 yr old guard could? He is a skilled player and he has honed those skills tremoundsly over these past few years.

Kyrie is about to be in his prime, and will avg 30+ against the cavs come playoffs. Barring injuries I see a 7 game series brewing in the ECF.

Are the Celtics more likely to beat the Cavs after or before this trade? I think that answer is hella easy, after they have a much better shot. People discount how much pressure Kyrie had on him down stretches of games. He would carry the offensive load for quarters some games. IT ran into a god awful defense in the Cavs last year and got shut down. In the ECF Kyrie avged 26 on 62.2% against the C's, IT avged 9.5 ppg on 28%. Shutting down IT is easy come playoffs, Kyrie not so much, ask the warriors.

If this was an IT-Kyrie swap id agree with you, although the difference between IT and Kyrie is small. Kyrie is ok but a one-way player which puts a ceiling to what he can become as a #1 guy. But i get that Kyrie might have 10+ good years left where IT could have less than 5.

But Crowder makes up for some of that and that pick makes it very much in the Cavs' favor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users