133 replies to this topic

#101 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 27, 2017 - 05:46 AM

Curry was a good defender maybe 2 seasons ago when he was MVP for first time. Now? Hell no.

Harden, Lillard, Curry, Kyrie, IT, Westbrook more or less play same type of defense. That is the reality of PG position. You don't ask them to be the anchor of your defense. In past 20 years, you can maybe count a handful of point guards that played elite on both side of the ball (Payton, Kidd, CP3,.. then maybe Wall?)

Was anybody down on Nash for not playing defense? Was anybody down on Rose for not playing defense? Both won the MVP. Westbrook was just an OK defender like Kyrie is now. He also won an MVP. Harden almost won an MVP on two seperate seasons with playing little to no defense.

When (lack of) defense is your main argument for Kyrie, it just says to a lot of people that you don't have much ground on this discussion.

Strong points.

Gotta admit.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#102 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 27, 2017 - 05:51 AM

People are being selfish because they want to have them go at Warriors again for kicks and lulz.

But Kyrie is blamed for "being selfish" when he wants to start anew elsewhere. Irony.

Nobody discusses Lebron's lack of "commitment" beyond next season though. It is like, that fact just evaporated with this Kyrie topic.

I havent been following the kyrie drama very closely, but if I'm Kyrie...do i want to be left among the smoldering wreckage after LeBron leaves or do i preempt that even at the expense of a 4th title run? (3 runs already to it if not winning i mean)

Thats actually a tougher decision than most are forced to make in this league.

Now if he ends up on a bottom tier team anyway, bad decision.

But a mid tier to top team might be a good gambit he's running

Edited by kball, July 27, 2017 - 05:52 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#103 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,711 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted July 27, 2017 - 07:55 AM

20265071_1792914494066962_33386774321247

• GenkiSushi, Jackson and K-Kris like this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#104 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 27, 2017 - 10:16 PM

I havent been following the kyrie drama very closely, but if I'm Kyrie...do i want to be left among the smoldering wreckage after LeBron leaves or do i preempt that even at the expense of a 4th title run? (3 runs already to it if not winning i mean)

Thats actually a tougher decision than most are forced to make in this league.

Now if he ends up on a bottom tier team anyway, bad decision.

But a mid tier to top team might be a good gambit he's running

I agree. Its a good decision from Kyrie and i think it's wiser to make the decision now and start fresh while he's entering his prime.

#105 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,297 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 27, 2017 - 10:24 PM

People are saying harsh [expletive] about Kyrie because he won't answer any of Clevelands phone calls. Like for what? What else needs to be said? Cleveland has 2 options. Trade him or prepare for the circus on day 1 of Media Day. And if I was Kyrie I would flat out say hey I'm still here to do a job so let's win but when my contract up I'm out. Simple as that.

#106 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 27, 2017 - 10:55 PM

People are saying harsh [expletive] about Kyrie because he won't answer any of Clevelands phone calls. Like for what? What else needs to be said? Cleveland has 2 options. Trade him or prepare for the circus on day 1 of Media Day. And if I was Kyrie I would flat out say hey I'm still here to do a job so let's win but when my contract up I'm out. Simple as that.

Kyrie told Gilbert privately that he wanted out. Thats more than what other players do. Guys often leak that info through agents or writers (or on national tv). The fact that it came out isnt his problem.

Now if nothing happens the next 3 months i think he has to make a statement before training camp about being under contract and playing through it the best he can, but not now.

#107 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,297 posts

Posted July 28, 2017 - 08:01 AM

Kyrie told Gilbert privately that he wanted out. Thats more than what other players do. Guys often leak that info through agents or writers (or on national tv). The fact that it came out isnt his problem.

Now if nothing happens the next 3 months i think he has to make a statement before training camp about being under contract and playing through it the best he can, but not now.

I was listening to Freddy and Fitz last night and they made a good point. No matter how much LeBron and Kyrie try to be men and play through this it will show on the court. The first time Kyrie don't pass it to LeBron for a last shot and vice versa the media will see blood and attack. Kyrie really doesn't like him. LeBron talked to that man like a child on multiple occasions. That's [expletive] you throw hands over. Kyrie is a grown man. LeBron is notorious for doing this. They did it to Chalmers in Miami. How many times did we see LeBron and Mario get ready to fight on the court because LeBron Bosh or Wade talked to that man like he was a kid? I saw at least 4 times.

#108 Tensai

Tensai

β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–„β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–ˆ

• 8,167 posts

Posted July 29, 2017 - 02:20 AM

NYK receives: Kyrie Irving, Channing Frye

HOU receives: Carmelo Anthony

CLE receives: Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Willy Hernangomez

works for all parties involved. Lebron better hope Rose stays healthy though.

Rose / Ariza / Lebron / Love / Tristan

Shumpert / Gordon / Smith / Hernangomez

• kball likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#109 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 29, 2017 - 04:36 AM

I recently discovered scientific evidence that Kyrie Irving was correct in his assessment that the Earth is indeed flat.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#110 Julien

Julien

Off The Bench

• 1,978 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 04:02 AM

I recently discovered scientific evidence that Kyrie Irving was correct in his assessment that the Earth is indeed flat.

Went to the edge once. It is like a huge waterfall. Impressive.

#111 Tensai

Tensai

β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–„β–ˆ β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–ˆ

• 8,167 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 08:38 AM

LMAO.

fXlFKv8.gif

#112 Julien

Julien

Off The Bench

• 1,978 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 09:06 AM

Sometimes I swear I look at these professional athletes on social media and I see my elementary school students.

Edited by Julien, July 31, 2017 - 09:15 AM.

• fido and lonlyamongus like this

#113 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,297 posts

Posted August 01, 2017 - 06:04 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=CsBtxqd5iLQ

LMAO.

Media day will be absolutely hilarious if Cleveland doesn't get a deal done. Hahahaha wow.

#114 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,461 posts

Posted Today, 02:36 PM

Kyrie likely heading to Boston for IT/Crowder package. From Woj/Shams.

https://mobile.twitt...121788876824576

#115 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted Today, 03:06 PM

Kyrie likely heading to Boston for IT/Crowder package. From Woj/Shams.

https://mobile.twitt...121788876824576

Not too bad of a trade.

#116 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,461 posts

Posted Today, 03:23 PM

They got the Nets pick too lmao

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN
Cavs and Celtics on verge of a deal: Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and 2018 Nets pick unprotected, sources say

#117 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts

Posted Today, 03:39 PM

Per sams:

Breaking: Cavs have agreed on deal to send Kyrie Irving to the Celtics for Isaiah Thomas and others, per

#118 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts

Posted Today, 03:39 PM

They got the Nets pick too lmao

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN
Cavs and Celtics on verge of a deal: Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and 2018 Nets pick unprotected, sources say

That's how much superstars are worth.

#119 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts

Posted Today, 03:41 PM

That's a very good trade for both teams. Likelihood for LeBron to stay with the Cavs has increased.

#120 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts

Posted Today, 03:42 PM

Damn this deal makes the Cavaliers actually deeper.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

bigfetz, Tensai