#41 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,014 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted July 21, 2017 - 03:31 PM

Heres another thing, what do the cavs want in return. Usually when teams trade a superstar away its to acquire picks and young players. Lebron won't want that.

This was always the one valuable piece they had (along with Love) to try and get back the future they threw away so they can win now in Brons era. I think the safest thing to do is to try get some young players/picks for Kyrie and prepare for doomsday. They have to read the writing on the wall this time

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,274 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 21, 2017 - 03:31 PM

https://twitter.com/...542109740838912

Edited by Majesty, July 21, 2017 - 03:33 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#43 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,525 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 21, 2017 - 03:35 PM

Holy [expletive]. No reason for LBJ to resign with the Cavs now.

#44 reryo

reryo

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted July 21, 2017 - 03:55 PM

Wow...

#45 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 21, 2017 - 04:37 PM

So Kyrie doesn't wanna play with Bron anymore and you guys want him? I love his game too, but not over LeBron. It has to be one of the other apparently so I'd rather go after LeBron than he. Yes, Kyrie is much younger, but LeBron is obviously about the surest thing there is when it comes to winning at max.

Isn't it just as likely that Kyrie is one of those guys who just doesn't care about winning as much as the great competitors do? Seems like he's over winning and just wants to get back to being the man. These guys are treated as the alpha all their life and some of them have trouble adjusting when it comes to playing with someone as good as LeBron.
  • Mr Terrific likes this

#46 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,167 posts

Posted July 21, 2017 - 07:44 PM

Kyrie was probably bitter they gave him 90 in 2k18.

fXlFKv8.gif

#47 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,146 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 21, 2017 - 10:10 PM

giphy.gif

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#48 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2017 - 11:18 PM

Funny how people always babble about how money and winning is the only thing that matters.

• martin90 and Rekal like this

#49 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2017 - 11:25 PM

This really could be a blessing in disguise for the Cavs. The dude is overrated and as good as he is offensively, he's equally bad defensively. Now they can flip him to the highest bidder, unload a bad deal and add an extra asset in the process.

Kyrie and JR to the Suns for Bledsoe, Chandler and a first rounder.

#50 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 8,167 posts

Posted July 21, 2017 - 11:32 PM

How is he overrated lol. No one mentions him as a Top 10 player in NBA or even Top 15?

I'd say he is even underrated. He doesn't get the attention Isaiah Thomas got in last year eventhough he had numerous offensive bursts in recent years. Between he and Curry there is little difference as far as the offensive ability goes. If he becomes his own man on another team, obviously he has a better chance to improve and make a case for himself as one of the best players in the league. Harden did, Westbrook did. Cousins, Davis did. (not saying Kyrie is in their league, talking about opportunity)

• Jackson, MysticBlu~, Xinxin and 3 others like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#51 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 22, 2017 - 01:56 AM

This really could be a blessing in disguise for the Cavs. The dude is overrated and as good as he is offensively, he's equally bad defensively. Now they can flip him to the highest bidder, unload a bad deal and add an extra asset in the process.

I don't get this thing where if you're not a DPOY candidate you're automatically a horrible defender. Equally as bad defensively? He doesn't have the tools or the size to be be great defender but that's not asked of him. When he's locked in, he's a average defender in this league and that's all you can ask for.
  • Jackson likes this

#52 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 22, 2017 - 02:57 AM

Kyrie Irving is a top 3 point guard after Westbrook and Curry. It's baseless to call Kyrie Irving overrated.
  •     likes this

#53 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts

Posted July 22, 2017 - 02:58 AM

I don't get this thing where if you're not a DPOY candidate you're automatically a horrible defender. Equally as bad defensively? He doesn't have the tools or the size to be be great defender but that's not asked of him. When he's locked in, he's a average defender in this league and that's all you can ask for.

Right? People are quick to call Westbrook and Curry superstars but Kyrie does not fit the bill because he doesn't dominate on the defense end. As if any of the top 10 point guards in the NBA play a lick of defense. Yall forget the clutch block he had on Curry in game 1 (or 2) of the finals, 2 years ago?

Edited by Jackson, July 22, 2017 - 03:00 AM.

• bigvee likes this

#54 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,089 posts

Posted July 22, 2017 - 03:01 AM

How is he overrated lol. No one mentions him as a Top 10 player in NBA or even Top 15?

I'd say he is even underrated. He doesn't get the attention Isaiah Thomas got in last year eventhough he had numerous offensive bursts in recent years. Between he and Curry there is little difference as far as the offensive ability goes. If he becomes his own man on another team, obviously he has a better chance to improve and make a case for himself as one of the best players in the league. Harden did, Westbrook did. Cousins, Davis did. (not saying Kyrie is in their league, talking about opportunity)

100% agree. Good post.

#55 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,632 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted July 22, 2017 - 06:42 AM

Kyrie and some loose change to the Knicks for Carmelo?  Then Rose signs with the Cavs.  That's the obvious win now trade and move for the Cavs.  It is a terrible move long term for them and questionable short term.   But I wouldnt be surprised they do it.  The Knicks may get better just by finding someone dumber than them to make a deal with.

Debbie Downer

#56 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 1,172 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 22, 2017 - 06:56 AM

Wow this is wild, but i saw this coming lol sheesh

#57 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 751 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted July 22, 2017 - 08:19 AM

I don't see any free agent looking at Cleveland and saying "Hey That's a place that looks stable and where I want to be." Kyrie trying to leave, LeBron threatening to leave, Love subtweeting, Tristan wearing jeans 3 sizes too small for him, Gilbert sending out Comic Sans letters, that place is a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#58 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2017 - 10:19 AM

I would be on the phone with Cleveland now. You can have anyone not named Ingram.

Anyone not named Ingram.  Give me a break.  Ingram might turn out to be a good player, who knows.  Kyrie is young and one of the best in the league skill wise and a savage competitor.

#59 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2017 - 10:22 AM

I'm not willing... the Knicks may be though.

The Knicks are in a much different position than the Lakers.  They're probably one of the most misguided, troubled, and poorly ran organization in all of basketball.  

And the Lakers aren't one of the most misguided, troubled, and poorly ran organizations in all of basketball?  

#60 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,711 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted July 22, 2017 - 10:49 AM

He won't be the focal point in San Antonio

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

8 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

bigfetz, Tensai