526 replies to this topic

#81 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 415 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:15 PM

we pretty much just locked up lebron in 2018. thanks kyrie.

#82 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,159 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:18 PM

It doesn't need great basketball players that are on their last legs, will eat up a max slot, and also force the Lakers to potentially miss out on younger prospects who need growth and development.

Even if you add LeBron and PG13 in a stacked West, I don't think that team gets past the Warriors.

Man...you're talking crazy! Lebron is improving with age. What he did in the finals this year was insane.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#83 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,541 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:27 PM

Man...you're talking crazy! Lebron is improving with age. What he did in the finals this year was insane.

Lonzo is the future, he will be handling the rock. LeBron is not a good match with him out there...he's like point guard himself. Put LeBron out there and you take the ball out of Lonzo's hands. Watching the Finals, I just got the feeling that iso ball is yesterday's news....and will be unable to keep up with high pace passing affairs like the Warriors. That's the model we're trying to emulate, not what the Cavs were running with LeBron and Kyrie trading off going one-on-one.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#84 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,541 posts

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:29 PM

The additional opportunity cost of adding LeBron is that you now can't afford to give Lonzo the optimal talent he needs to succeed with his passing.

• Artest37 likes this

pkray.png

#85 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 940 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:30 PM

If LBJ is right there, available, you have space in your salary and he wants to come... Let me put it this way, if you don't sign him, fans will kill you and your whole family. I really didn't like that [expletive]ing superteam thing he did in Miami, or "The Decision" live TV [expletive], but that's not the player. As a player, he's still the best in the world, there's no discussing that. The Lakers won't be needing to sell their youngs to get LBJ on board next year. If you think about it, just a little bit, it's a no brainer.
  • GCMD likes this

#86 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,541 posts

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:32 PM

If LBJ is right there, available, you have space in your salary and he wants to come... Let me put it this way, if you don't sign him, fans will kill you and your whole family. I really didn't like that [expletive]ing superteam thing he did in Miami, or "The Decision" live TV [expletive], but that's not the player. As a player, he's still the best in the world, there's no discussing that. The Lakers won't be needing to sell their youngs to get LBJ on board next year. If you think about it, just a little bit, it's a no brainer.

Even a super team manned by LeBron/Kyrie/Love got smoked by the Warriors. The cHeat of yesteryear would have been smoked by the Warriors too. Just stacking your roster with big names doesn't a great team make.

pkray.png

#87 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,541 posts

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:35 PM

The talent has to be complementary, there has to be chemistry and established roles. LeBron coming in short circuits most of that for instant results...and potentially sacrifices a much richer long term future for the team.

pkray.png

#88 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,699 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:38 PM

I think the kyrie situation helps us to try to trade for lebron right now. The cavs have to choose of keeping kyrie, who still under contract for 2years. Or lebron who hasn't committed to an extension and will leave for nothing. Cavs need to please kyrie who is younger and trade lebron. Might cost us either kuzma or BI.
  • GCMD and manaro90 like this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#89 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,159 posts

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:52 PM

I'm shocked that there are people that don't want LeBron lmao.
  • GCMD, fido, JayTheGreat and 2 others like this

#90 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 940 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 21, 2017 - 02:56 PM

Even a super team manned by LeBron/Kyrie/Love got smoked by the Warriors. The cHeat of yesteryear would have been smoked by the Warriors too. Just stacking your roster with big names doesn't a great team make.

Ok, I agree with you there. There's no beating the [expletive]ing Warriors, just can't be done, and it will be like that for 2 or 3 more years easily. That's why I prefered young talent developing instead of going all or nothing in the FA. But the thing is we're already in that path and there's nothing we can do about it. Actually, if you think about it it's kinda of mix between the two options (if we keep our young core and don't do any crazy [expletive]). So if LBJ or PG13 (or both) are available, I think pulling the trigger it's a must.
  • kray28 likes this

#91 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,953 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 21, 2017 - 03:51 PM

We don't need Lebron to win. We need GSW to break up to win.

Everything else is basically buffer until GSW breaks up

Edited by Ham, July 21, 2017 - 03:51 PM.

• Rekal likes this

"Busto Ball" - troll

#92 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 758 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted July 21, 2017 - 04:25 PM

I think the kyrie situation helps us to try to trade for lebron right now. The cavs have to choose of keeping kyrie, who still under contract for 2years. Or lebron who hasn't committed to an extension and will leave for nothing. Cavs need to please kyrie who is younger and trade lebron. Might cost us either kuzma or BI.

Either Kuzma or BI? If im the Cavs im asking for Kuzma, BI and Ball and 2 draft picks, that's why I'd not rather not gut the team for either of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#93 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,159 posts

Posted July 21, 2017 - 04:45 PM

Either Kuzma or BI? If im the Cavs im asking for Kuzma, BI and Ball and 2 draft picks, that's why I'd not rather not gut the team for either of them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmao...Cavs can't and won't get anything even close to that

#94 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 758 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted July 21, 2017 - 05:05 PM

Either Kuzma or BI? If im the Cavs im asking for Kuzma, BI and Ball and 2 draft picks, that's why I'd not rather not gut the team for either of them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalklmao...Cavs can't and won't get anything even close to that

Not saying they will but that's what they'll ask for for LBJ who's still considered the one of the top 3 players in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#95 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,159 posts

Posted July 21, 2017 - 05:12 PM

Not saying they will but that's what they'll ask for for LBJ who's still considered the one of the top 3 players in the worldSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't ask for that unless they aren't seriously trying to trade him.

Dude is in a contract year and has a history of jumping teams. No team can trade anything of value for him and beat GS which likely results in him bolting.

#96 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted July 21, 2017 - 05:16 PM

Apparently Lebron's pizza franchise is opening a branch inside the Staples Center.

Icing on the cake? or topping on the pizza?

fXlFKv8.gif

#97 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,063 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 21, 2017 - 05:26 PM

Apparently Lebron's pizza franchise is opening a branch inside the Staples Center.

Since staples opened 17 years ago, ive seen dominoes in there, pizza hut in there. CPK in there. And i may even be missing 1 or 2.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#98 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 21, 2017 - 07:18 PM

Who cares. They aren't trading for Lebron and Lebron appears to be savvy enough to NOT want to trade away good players he'd want to compete w/ vs GS.  Why are gumming up this thread with this nonsense? 

Is Ingram Randle and Clarkson enough to trade for lebron?

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#99 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 21, 2017 - 07:19 PM

Dolan/MSG owns the Forum and the Clippers are likely moving there.  Dolan has no control over the team.  I wouldnt look too deep into it other than the company trying to make money.  I also dont even think Lebron is majority owner of the franchise.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#100 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 21, 2017 - 07:59 PM

Lebron has a no trade clause. He's not waiving it for us, or any team thats unloading value for him. If the Cavs said "we only want Luol deng" then maybe, lol

Edited by Majesty, July 21, 2017 - 07:59 PM.

• PurpleNgoldBanners likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users